Crystaline Realm is a PAIN

Me and my friends have been running around for mintues on wave 17 looking for the portal and can't find it why the hell can't we G????

It's beside the parent. Seems like it isn't visible in all the levels, but it's there right behind the parent you freed.

It's beside the parent. Seems like it isn't visible in all the levels, but it's there right behind the parent you freed.
That means we were glitched we turn that map upside down and in and out we didn't find one portal

We looked for a solid 10-15 minutes before all giving up. I eventually figured out that it's a bug, and the game didn't think we finished the map, even though we did. The monk was on the ground recovering, and mousing over him said to go to the portal.

However our defenses weren't autosold, our mana was left at the same level it was previously, and we still had the ability to lay down new defenses. The game was stuck thinking we weren't finished, when we were. We did it in a full 4 person party, if that helps.

Also, I discovered another glitch. See if you can spot the problem in this screen.

Spoilers:
I have the costume, and the trophy for beating Sky City is clearly visible in the screen, however I have no Shard in the slots in the back, and thus no portal leading to the crystalline dimension.

It's not completely bugged, if you have defenses near the parent, sell them, then it magically works.

After figuring out we were stuck in on-mode, we then went and sold every single defense, til we had both 0 MU and 0 DU.

Still no portal.

We looked for a solid 10-15 minutes before all giving up. I eventually figured out that it's a bug, and the game didn't think we finished the map, even though we did. The monk was on the ground recovering, and mousing over him said to go to the portal.

However our defenses weren't autosold, our mana was left at the same level it was previously, and we still had the ability to lay down new defenses. The game was stuck thinking we weren't finished, when we were. We did it in a full 4 person party, if that helps.

Also, I discovered another glitch. See if you can spot the problem in this screen.

Spoilers:
I have the costume, and the trophy for beating Sky City is clearly visible in the screen, however I have no Shard in the slots in the back, and thus no portal leading to the crystalline dimension.
Your last shard is missing!

I found something interesting out. If you are on a higher difficult/mode setting than you beat the shards maps on, the portal won't show up. I beat the Sky city on Nightmare, but when I was messing around turning on survival settings, the second I hit "Hardcore" the portal disappears, but reappears when I turn it off. I am guessing the portal wants you to beat all four on nightmare to access the dimension on nightmare (or turn hardcore back on, or something, I dunno)

I found something interesting out. If you are on a higher difficult/mode setting than you beat the shards maps on, the portal won't show up. I beat the Sky city on Nightmare, but when I was messing around turning on survival settings, the second I hit "Hardcore" the portal disappears, but reappears when I turn it off. I am guessing the portal wants you to beat all four on nightmare to access the dimension on nightmare (or turn hardcore back on, or something, I dunno)
That's stupid if that's the case than they wouldn't even let us do the challenge XD It's got to be a bug.

Ya, selecting the portal and its difficulty is annoying, i jsut made a thread on it. Also, I beat sky city, and it shows the crystal and trophy yet, no actual steam achievement(beat it on Hard). Gotta love all these bugs, now just gotta wait.

If the portal is invisible you can still click on it, just go to where teh humming is and wander around until the E key prompt shows up.

Crystaline dimension is absolutely fun I'll give it that... however getting to the final boss and for some reason being launched off the platform with no visible reasons why.... not amusing.... here goes another 40 mintues, lol.

Oh and almost forgot the portals are invisible from monk on for me, I imagine it's the same for others, it's just behind them like a forementioned... just look for a bit, relative to the same spot the one behind the huntress is.

And uncheck hardcore as I believe you don't need that for the achievement, :D lol. But you do need it for the costume... lol

do the crystal the parents are trapped in count as cores? i played the first 2 waves just a bit ago, but those maps are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to big to keep building 350 units worth of defenses every single wave.

yes you have to protect them as well, and they give you a decent amount of time imo... you have to hustle sure, so I'd advise leaving the rocks off :P

Crystaline dimension is absolutely fun I'll give it that... however getting to the final boss and for some reason being launched off the platform with no visible reasons why.... not amusing.... here goes another 40 mintues, lol.

I'll find it unfun, even more so then City in the Skies. Having to completly rebuild every single damn thing after just two waves isn't fun to me at all. And if something at some point goes wrong, haha gotta do it all over again!

well, i had infinite build time, because i was doing it on hard, but, all the same. its just too much. mainly because its hard to tell (for me anyway) where monsters will path through just by looking at the minimap, and i usually fail the first wave on purpose so i can see how they will come. its going to be a long, arduous, repetitious task to complete the CD for me.

[c3;556376']well, i had infinite build time, because i was doing it on hard, but, all the same. its just too much. mainly because its hard to tell (for me anyway) where monsters will path through just by looking at the minimap, and i usually fail the first wave on purpose so i can see how they will come. its going to be a long, arduous, repetitious task to complete the CD for me.

Actually that's a trend I kept observing for quite some time. In the past we had lanes and at least could somehow figure out where the mobs would come from aside from Wyvern for whom you always needed a third party side to tell you. Now they simply come from where they please.

City in the Sky and Crystal Dimension are kind of a mess in that term. Even Morrago had more clear lanes. But apparently putting spawns right next to the crystals and making the mobs come from everywhere is Trendys attempt at making the game hard.
The problem I have with the Crystal Dimension is that you have to build over and over and over again. So you can expect to actually spend half of your time simply building up stuff before you move onto the next plane and do the same thing again. And if at any point you fail all the work is for naught and you have to start from scratch.

It was pretty fun for me when I did it on hard, a friend of mine joined on the second to last hero and we got the boss down. I'll say the most annoying part was the portals disappearing, perhaps has to do with being on low graphics. Next most annoying was flying ai breaking - a goblin copter/ogre combo were flying in circles out of range in the top left of the monk map one wave. The boss was also pretty cheap - the shockwaves are just instakills, unless you get lucky and aren't moving too fast.

I gotta agree that the maps seem very open now ... I didn't even bother with walls in most of the crystalline maps, I'm not sure I would've made it without minions or buff beams. You can't even have enough players to guard each crystal on the magus map. They do look awesome though. It's gotta be hard to make them look great and still have very obvious lanes, so I guess they went with look great.

Nightmare regular is doable, check off that list just finished a successful run and omg is the reward weapon amazing! I just hope to get a good one to drop! Going to give props to Trendy for the beautiful weapon, but now I've gotta waste away attempting hardcore...

I'm not exactly sure how to go without getting hit during an entirely uber powered boss... even tried doing three players at once at the end and using a summoner but they can't plane shift it seems like, (plus way to hectic to pull off on this map successfully)

even tried doing three players at once at the end and using a summoner but they can't plane shift it seems like, (plus way to hectic to pull off on this map successfully)

Perhaps because the Summoner planeshifts into the crystalline dimension. Y'know. Where you are.

Perhaps because the Summoner planeshifts into the crystalline dimension. Y'know. Where you are.

Yeah, it still takes away a fairly important survival mechanic and it could easily be explained by him shifting to the normal dimension to avoid the crystalline enemies.