Is it just me or does HC Sky City seem impossible

...because the boss kills you to get you off of it after it takes damage.

I am not sure if there is another way off because I fell down that red pit next to the top crystal as soon a sit arrived but after it killed my friend with its deck clearing attack he couldn't respawn and we had to quit.

Probably just a lot of practice and learning when and how to jump off. I'm sure you'll get it eventually, just give it another couple tries.

Seems more impossible to me that the boss stops at 22k hp or so. Is there something I'm supposed to do to finish this or did it glitch on me?

...because the boss kills you to get you off of it after it takes damage.

I am not sure if there is another way off because I fell down that red pit next to the top crystal as soon a sit arrived but after it killed my friend with its deck clearing attack he couldn't respawn and we had to quit.

It's easily doable just keep working at it and you'll get it :)

Seems more impossible to me that the boss stops at 22k hp or so. Is there something I'm supposed to do to finish this or did it glitch on me?

That's a glitch that we're looking into now.

So... when I reach the boss here in a few minutes, will I be expecting to be unable to destroy it? lol.

There should a meter with colors of green to red when it is about to its attack. Or I think that should help you when it is about to attack.

There should a meter with colors of green to red when it is about to its attack. Or I think that should help you when it is about to attack.
I'm pretty sure if I heard correctly in the sneak peek today that a siren goes off ( or some sound) to notify you that the ship will be electrified.

yeah. a siren goes off for a good 15 seconds i would say. the larger issue i have with it is the jumping off mechanism is spotty at best. getting on to it isnt very reliable either. every single time i had to pray i had fallen far enough to use the old double jump trick.

i also dont like that you can only do like 50 friggin damage to it before it becomes invulnerable.

im not at all looking forward to doing this boss on hardcore on any difficulty. its too much of a crap-shoot with the jumping for it.

[edit] also, the map is way too clustered. its almost impossible to manage unless you are playing as a summoner because there is so much going on in every inch of the map. and you pretty much cant see anything in the center of the map at all during the build phase because everywhere you go its scorecard after scorecard after scorecard after scorecard...

its like all of aquanos crammed into the size of magus quarters. plus 20 more spawn points.

The boss is a pain and seems to be even more glitchy then City itself. Where mobs constantly keep getting stuck.

I found some wyverns stuck in the same place. No real problem though.

What's very challenging and difficult to get right is jumping onto and off the airship boss. Those yellow air vents don't seem to always throw you with enough momentum back onto the city. Its extremely frustrating because in Hardcore all you get is 1 life and this tactic seems to rely more on luck right now.

-type R blood-

It seems trying to one shot the boss on insane and below with hawk stance is the way to go. As I can't seem to get off the ship successfully.

The way we did it in NM was to time the dps, dont go straight for the crystal, wait until you are over half way towards the next jump site, then NUKE hard as soon as you see you are doing no dmg to the crystal get to the edge as soon as you line up the jump pads just jump, every time i did that i got thrown miles into the air, and just had to land.

Love the map, just got off doing a surv mode, damn them choppers/ogres hurt like hell.....

Jumping on isnt too bad, and I've made it off a few times now. Lots of practice needed before I'll even think about HC though.

NOTE:
The dial directly behind the crystal seems to be indicating damage to next discharge (well its different between getting on and electrifying anyway. I only noticed on my last jump)

Anyone verify?

seems alright as long as you can jump off onto the map succesfully. I just get on with a monk with hero boost and as soon as the thing's HP stops going down I jump off. Then repeat

I do feel like you should be able to walk on the entire ship though... falling through the wing is kinda lame.

[c3;556361']yeah. a siren goes off for a good 15 seconds i would say. the larger issue i have with it is the jumping off mechanism is spotty at best. getting on to it isnt very reliable either. every single time i had to pray i had fallen far enough to use the old double jump trick.

i also dont like that you can only do like 50 friggin damage to it before it becomes invulnerable.

im not at all looking forward to doing this boss on hardcore on any difficulty. its too much of a crap-shoot with the jumping for it.

[edit] also, the map is way too clustered. its almost impossible to manage unless you are playing as a summoner because there is so much going on in every inch of the map. and you pretty much cant see anything in the center of the map at all during the build phase because everywhere you go its scorecard after scorecard after scorecard after scorecard...

its like all of aquanos crammed into the size of magus quarters. plus 20 more spawn points.

im downloading the patch atm and reading your post has taken all my excitement away. i hate cluttered and messy maps, i much prefer fluent/smooth maps that arent a mess to navigate.

Seemed pretty easy to me.

Either you didn't actually do it, since you were playing a summoner and you had someone else do it for you. Or actually using a summoner with two dps pets and abusing the floating might be the only real way at this time to do it. So tell us which one is it?

Andy, I can't believe it took you 32:01 to finish. Why are you so slow?

I did it four player and boss fight was slow :p

Here's what I did and it worked perfectly. Just stay by the south crystal and wait for it to get to the golden platforms just to the east. I never had a problem using those. Then jump at one of the exhaust pipes after you do enough damage and it will set you down on the catwalk area without fail.