Patch Discussion 7.38

builds that do not have walls work well if you use gas, darkness traps, ensnare, strength drain auras, ogre, mage minions(2 mages are best because they keep each other alive), and if you have extra DU use lightening aura and inferno trap. Most of my characters have around 700 for their trap stats. I gave up on using walls. I agree with the new mode it will give the players that have 2k+ stats more of a challenge, and proved the lower stat characters a chance to build up to that point. I still think they should name it hell mode.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

builds that do not have walls work well if you use gas, darkness traps, ensnare, strength drain auras, ogre, mage minions(2 mages are best because they keep each other alive), and if you have extra DU use lightening aura and inferno trap. Most of my characters have around 700 for their trap stats. I gave up on using walls.

Same every time I used walls -> sharken moved them (at 24 ish to 30ish). So instead of using walls, I have been using minions as walls... and it worked way way way waaaaay better.

I could solo the summit before, and now it's just impossible.

Good. There was no point in every level but 2 of them being worthlessly easy for high end players.

About the portrait pixelation, after the patch 7.38e it still shows up, but only for a second or two. Also I noticed that when you're customizing, the characters are better detailed now, which is great!

I mean, the survival :P Soloing boss is not a problem.

Today I made it with a frriend to 26 (previous record 24). Didn't feely any difference really. Dropped Ogres indeed loose some hp, but they are still swarming all around. A friend told that copters are much more rare when playing solo, though.

When has the Spider Auto-Kill timer been reduced? When i now die in Surv and they dont find their path they die faster when not finding their path

I did flick through all these pages and didn't notice a mention of what I am about to say....

To be fair I have only played, Sky City, Aquanos and Magus Quarters but it seems that the ogre copters are an overkill. If you manage to knock them down early they fall in places where you cant get mana or drops from them. Whats the point? In this respect there is no mana or drop reward. But you have no choice but to get them ASAP or face ogres overwhelming defences on the ground and copters firing at you from out of nowhere.

maybe dropped ogres could have a targetting priority of players first, walls second, everything else after that. that way squire and apprentice towers wouldnt be obsolete due to their lack of tank.

Mission Real Time Strategist is a real pain now with 14 copters coming in on one spot in Cliffs, rage quit. 3300 minion damage to boot, gl with that huh?

I'd like to suggest something once more.

-> Ogrecopters should have at least the same HP's than the normal ogres. I mean, these are like spetsnaz Ogres, running way faster than the player, and hitting very, very hard on both players and towers, while having more than the double HP's than normal ogres.

Since they are brought by air, they should be way weaker... else they are total overkill.

For example, I just tried Uber Air Threat (or whatever it may be called, I just forgot its exact name) on City in the Cliffs.

While I expected 2 ogres, 6 copters came too, and while being dropped close to the crystals where I put some harpoons, totally destroyed the harpoons, leaving the crystals to the wyverns.
My builder isn't ****ty , it has 2.5k stats and I really didn't expect something like that while I was doing this challenge.

To be more balanced, I'd suggest that the ogrecopters have 75% of the normal ogre health, damage and speed.

Please do something about the old one, It is so buggy.
Me,freak,akron and Ntropia has tried it 3-4 times and it has bugged out all the time.

This time (5min ago) 3 out of 4 died of the jump, and sure that's cool, no way of dodging with that lagg tho. but when we were supposed to respawn it bugged out and we all lay on the floor without being able to do anything. And the lives just disappered, we died 3 time but we lost all lives on those 3 deaths

Mission Real Time Strategist is a real pain now with 14 copters coming in on one spot in Cliffs, rage quit. 3300 minion damage to boot, gl with that huh?

I can get to wave 13, but south just gets overwhelmed by ogre tanks and chopper missiles. Going to experiment a little more today with sacrificial walls :D

EDIT

I got it :)

http://ddplanner.com/?l=9256,mrts-citc-build

1 mage and 4 archers on normal TBB's, 2 extra archers on west to deal with the back lane.

The TBB by the red dot has one mage and all the rest of the archers (I think it's ~10). Completed with 1.9k TH and 2.1k TD

I'd like to suggest something once more.

-> Ogrecopters should have at least the same HP's than the normal ogres. I mean, these are like spetsnaz Ogres, running way faster than the player, and hitting very, very hard on both players and towers, while having more than the double HP's than normal ogres.

This is what I don't get. It seemed that they some time before adjusting the number of ogres and everything per wave to make it what they thought was balanced. Now they've basically just thrown that out and added a bunch more ogres.

Like has been suggested before, copter ogres should take away from the main supply of ogres (or they should change them to mini ogres). Otherwise, this isn't really so much of a new enemy... all it's doing is adding a lot more ogres.

This is what I don't get. It seemed that they some time before adjusting the number of ogres and everything per wave to make it what they thought was balanced. Now they've basically just thrown that out and added a bunch more ogres.

Like has been suggested before, copter ogres should take away from the main supply of ogres (or they should change them to mini ogres). Otherwise, this isn't really so much of a new enemy... all it's doing is adding a lot more ogres.

Yup. While I do like the balances, and it is making NM survival doable for me now, keep in mind I have 3-4k tower stats on ALL my builders which is above average. The people with "average" stats of 2-3k still cannot do much even with good strategy simply because of this problem.

Yup. While I do like the balances, and it is making NM survival doable for me now, keep in mind I have 3-4k tower stats on ALL my builders which is above average. The people with "average" stats of 2-3k still cannot do much even with good strategy simply because of this problem.

I'd be more worried about anyone below 1.5k. They arent much of a problem for me (using no summons, and mostly 2k ish stats) but trying on my charater in godlies is hellishly difficult.

I'd be more worried about anyone below 1.5k. They arent much of a problem for me (using no summons, and mostly 2k ish stats) but trying on my charater in godlies is hellishly difficult.

Getting some decent gear is becoming way harder now. Everything I manage to get has around 100+ and while my builders have 250-300 items, my main builder has 2.5k and all the others stop under 1.5k.

Saying that a single ogrecopter breaks my defenses isn't true, but two, three, four of them at the same moment will completely shatter them.

I'm referring to winning 30 wave survival Talay and Aqua, etc, not just campaign.

But if you can beat wave 30 Talay with 1.5-2k stats, I'm impressed, not gonna lie : P I used to win Talay wave 30 with upper 2k-lower 3k stats now it is a chore to win with mid to upper 3k stats.

Tried nm summit survival now after the patches and it is a lot more doable now. My only problem was the copters doing 20-44k damage on wave 15. Instantly became a 1-hit for my dps summoner at wave 19 and my resists are very high (88% general and 70% for others). Ogre trains were very annoying, but spider minions helped a lot with that (first time I ever felt like they were useful).

Although the copters do a bit too much damage, at least I can run survivals again.

* Mana Tokens deposited by Shop Sales will now accrue value into a single ItemBoxed Token (up to 999,999,999 limit) before automatically creating another Token, rather than adding a new Token every transaction

the sell limit is 600,000,000 so letting them accrue to 999,999,999 is a huge waste