Patch Discussion 7.38

Or just buff the drop rate of supreme in some maps (especially Sky City NMHCMM) so that you can properly gear up to handle the harder content. Supreme drop rate is still woefully bad. Ultimate gear being somewhat rare is fine. But supreme gear is old now, and literally required to even have a prayer of a chance at the new content, so please increase the droprrate. When you consider the drop rate of trans in Aqua pre-sky city was very high, I think it's fair the supreme drop rate in Sky City should be on the same level.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or do some maps seems a lot harder this patch and some seem a bit easier? I tried doing Endless Spires NM with Squire only and made it all the way to the last wave without any issues (even the copters didn't really cause that much of a problem) - whereas before patch it was a real rush to repair/upgrade/loot at the end of each wave. On the other hand, before patch I was doing Oasis monsterfest to get better myth gear (stacked auras, traps, ev beams at forge and used a 100% block Countess with seahorse) and could clear 4 or 5 waves while gaining several upgrades. Now I can't finish the second wave due to running out of time or dieing (ogres seem to have more hp and the copters can hit you for huge damage) :(

I did Crystal dimension with Ntropia,Herpty,Gururur
I did not recieve my "Legendary monk costume" or my achievment. Please fix this :)

* Still there is a traffic jam over there

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595849980610622418/FC8725065D3A7A06820FA624E4961CC99EF158B0/

so the " Cavern Goblin Copter pathfinding fixed " isn't fixed proprely :\

Edit: here's another run just to confirm this issue

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595849980611289426/BC6C9D028F5E8192930F3A3F84947801308D3708/

* I've Got Monsters in My Pocket achievement is still broken!

Edit: i got it now xD it appears my friend stole imp yesterday when i was helping him to get the trophy :F

Or just buff the drop rate of supreme in some maps (especially Sky City NMHCMM) so that you can properly gear up to handle the harder content. Supreme drop rate is still woefully bad. Ultimate gear being somewhat rare is fine. But supreme gear is old now, and literally required to even have a prayer of a chance at the new content, so please increase the droprrate. When you consider the drop rate of trans in Aqua pre-sky city was very high, I think it's fair the supreme drop rate in Sky City should be on the same level.

Buff the drop rate on the hardest mode of the second hardest map in the game to improve your ability to beat the harder content? Does that even make sense...

---

Supreme gear is not required for anything (you MIGHT be able to argue the final boss on nmhc in crystal dimension, but even that doesn't "require" it). Transcendent (which is incredibly common now) will get you to 3.5k stats. I'm finding 2.5-3.5k to be more then enough for all the content in the game at this time. Anything else is epeen fodder, nothing more. Though an Ultimate weapon (not supreme, only ultimate) would be a great addition for DPS since the upgrades scale higher.

Is it just me, or do some maps seems a lot harder this patch and some seem a bit easier? I tried doing Endless Spires NM with Squire only and made it all the way to the last wave without any issues (even the copters didn't really cause that much of a problem) - whereas before patch it was a real rush to repair/upgrade/loot at the end of each wave. On the other hand, before patch I was doing Oasis monsterfest to get better myth gear (stacked auras, traps, ev beams at forge and used a 100% block Countess with seahorse) and could clear 4 or 5 waves while gaining several upgrades. Now I can't finish the second wave due to running out of time or dieing (ogres seem to have more hp and the copters can hit you for huge damage) :(

Happens with each newly added mob.

You should try running Sky City campaign or insane Sky City survival... The gear gap and progression are vastly improved now that the entire DLC is out. The myths that were dropping in NM Sky City were quite high quality.

I think it would be really cool and be more fair to the players if the ogre was removed from the drop ships, but change it to a bomb that causes damage in a large area. They could use the chicken grenade launcher chicken. The drop ship then can act normally and fly around shooting at the players and towers. I also believe it should fly lower so that melee characters can hit it. It seems like if stuck with an ogre dropping game mechanic you would need to raise the max DU for each map so that players can also guard the back of their traps. The only tactic that I have found that works is gas traps, darkness traps, auras, and minions on top of the traps, but this only works for players that have bought the summoner. The patch pretty much made any wall type towers useless, and a guaranteed way to lose on a very low wave. The ogres keep the player busy so much to the point it is way easier for Djinn or Sharken to unsummon or move your towers leading to an easy game over. A fixed or lower scaling hp bar can also be an easy fix, and have the drop ship ogres have less hp than normal ogres. The countess is one of my favorite characters, and I can't play as her anymore because she just doesn't work. I liked the idea of a drop ship, but it really feels unfair to drop ogres behind the defenses. The dropped ogre can also hit the players crystal if they build to close to the crystal. It only targets the closes tower. Players that have a few free DU points should learn the drop locations and put down an Adept or Apprentice wall to bait the drop ship ogres, so they are stalled until a dps character can take care of them. I hope this helps some of the annoyed players and development team if they're trying to find a work around.

Just a couple bugs, the Legendary Squire outfit, when Blood Rage is engaged he still uses the same sound as his little boy does.

And another, Shipwreck monster fest now has a ton of pathfinding issues in NM HC, goblin ships getting stuck in circles near the center of the map, and they get stuck on an awning of one of the ships.

*sigh*

I've said this before, and obviously been ignored. But I'll say it again, knowing I'll get ignored.

Does Trendy ever get tired of having to constantly nerf enemies/buff the players? Honestly, go back over the last 6 months and count the number of times they've rebalanced the game to make it easier vs the number of times they've made it harder. It's not even close.

I can hear the replies now, "But they keep adding new enemies! That makes the game harder EVERY TIME!"

True, it does. Much harder. Then they spend the next 2 weeks walking it back as they find ways to make the new enemies easier or make it so defenses are more effective against them.

Does it seem to anyone else like maybe their testers are WAY too high leveled? If they keep walking the difficulty back EVERY... SINGLE... TIME... maybe the results they get from testing are skewed?

I dunno... maybe it's 'cause I'm a researcher by profession, but if my tests are coming back with a high or low bias EVERY TIME I'd look at the process eventually. Wouldn't it be easier to just take the testers' maxed Supreme gear away instead of spending two weeks patching?

Is it just me or the ancient dragon is freakingly annoying? You cant hit it airborne and is difficult as hell to land a harpoon on it?

Buff the drop rate on the hardest mode of the second hardest map in the game to improve your ability to beat the harder content? Does that even make sense...

---

Supreme gear is not required for anything (you MIGHT be able to argue the final boss on nmhc in crystal dimension, but even that doesn't "require" it). Transcendent (which is incredibly common now) will get you to 3.5k stats. I'm finding 2.5-3.5k to be more then enough for all the content in the game at this time. Anything else is epeen fodder, nothing more. Though an Ultimate weapon (not supreme, only ultimate) would be a great addition for DPS since the upgrades scale higher.

Actually, I used to farm even NMHC Talay wave 30 with ease before this patch. Now I can't really even beat wave 30 Aqua. What was possible with trans is no more. Fact is, ogre count has well more than doubled, so your previous defenses CANNOT survive anymore.

There is nothing inbalanced with making Supreme gear drop a lot in Sky City, at all. The map is still really tough, and you SHOULD be rewarded if you CAN get far in it. I did get to wave 27 NMHCMM Sky City in 4 player mode. But the loot was worse than in Aqua NMHCMM. Does this make sense? No. I didn't get one supreme. Or one ultimate. That is the epitome of ridiculous.

Heck the loot in AQUA is BETTER than sky city. This can't be normal. I got a 351 upgrade ULTIMATE weapon at wave 20 in Aqua, and can't even get a SUPREME at wave 27 in Sky City NMHCMM. That doesn't seem right to me.

joined a friend on Boss Rush Insane HC and wasn't able to get in, said waiting for build phase to join, quit and came back during build phase and was black screen until wave started, still no join

it gave me the Steam achievement when he beat it, I already had the trophy in tav
when we got back to tav it gave me Steam Mastermind achievement XD something I earned months ago, still about a dozen more Steam achievements owed to me ;)
just got Catch 'em All while running around in his tav...

Tavern doesn't show Stargate or red shard/trophy from time to time when you host a game

Tavern doesn't show Stargate or red shard/trophy from time to time when you host a game

You have to have beaten all shards maps at the dificulty currently selected (including HC) for the portal to show. Most likely you havent beaten the airship on HC yet

Problems still unnoticed:
*The Copter Ogre's have 20m plus HP. They are over powered, and need serious HP nerfing.
*The Boss Rush Mission has a bug that makes the entire screen black out during the Kraken Fight.
*Towers still get moved by mobs/summons when placed on elevated ground (example: Stairwells)

7.38c fixed the constipation from the past 4 months :squire:
Today You achieved Dungeon Defenders: Boss Crusher, Mastermind, Catch 'em All, A Challenger Approaches, Dancing in the Rain, Ella, Ella, Eternia Shard Recovered: Yellow, Eternia Shard Recovered: Blue, Nightmare Eternia Shard Recovered: Blue, Puzzle Solver, Nightmare Eternia Shard Recovered: Yellow, Nightmare Puzzle Solver, Eternia Shard Recovered: Red, Monster Mania, Monster Madness, 88 Core, In A Fowl Mood, Core Cardio.

Problems still unnoticed:
*The Copter Ogre's have 20m plus HP. They are over powered, and need serious HP nerfing.
*The Boss Rush Mission has a bug that makes the entire screen black out during the Kraken Fight.
*Towers still get moved by mobs/summons when placed on elevated ground (example: Stairwells)

By chance can you get us a video of the issue you're seeing with the Kraken fight? But before that can you make sure your video card drivers are up to date?

When you say towers still get moved can you be specific on a location where you're putting the towers and what kind of towers? http://ddplanner.com/

Patch b, I believe it is, addressed my concerns with low loot quality from Sky City. However, the loot still seems poor. I have only since done to wave 18 since that patch (had done wave 27 previously) but still not impressed with loot over Aqua (only one trans in all that time, no supreme or anything, not expecting ultimate by wave 18, but maybe a supreme or two). A friend wants to do a wave 25 run in NMHCMM so I'll report if the loot is still poor even after getting that far, once again.

It's strange that in Aqua befor patch (multiplayer) I got a few supremes and ultimates, but after patch, getting to same wave (solo), got like 4 trans in total :( But this can be very bad luck.

What I certainly noticed is that after wave 12 (last wave of campaign), survival loot sell value sitgnificantly decreases, like from 50M to 20M. It needs another few fawes to build up. So it can be the case that team says drops are fixed on capaign, but they are still inferior on 13+ survival.

7.38d doesn't fix the portraits on the character selection screen over here, they still show up pixelated (the ones that were having the issue).

The apprentice legendary still uses his older self's yell when doing a mana bomb. also during boss rush, for clients in a game, not the host, they see overlaps of cut scene bosses while fighting repeating their intro. an example of this happens in misty mire a little often for myself. see here: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595840075006242154/34EE6ADD61D873779BC4CF58CD257AD1E9A1A9AB/

Can you please make it so choppers do not increase the ogre count. This is artificially increasing the difficulty in all maps and the main imbalance with choppers at the moment. For example, pre-sky city, if a map only had 14 ogres, 16 more choppers generally adds 16 more ogres from what I've seen, making almost every map extraordinarily more difficult. If you could just make it so choppers have to eat up from the main pool of ogres (Ie, the 14) the patch would seem a lot more balanced and choppers would not be the huge issue they are currently.

As an illustration, Aquanos normally has a small pool of ogres. Yet, when I was doing high waves of NMHCMM, I had SIX ogres hitting on one defense, where pre-sky city I had one MAYBE two ogres (never 3 or more) ever hitting it. This is too many ogres...

If you guys are trying to promote multi play over solo play, fine that's fair enough. But in that case, the difficulty increase in multiplayer needs to decrease by a large factor, because there is still not too much motivation to play online unless you have to. Ogres get on the order of 70 million hp by wave 25+ and when you have 6 of them hitting you... good luck.

[quote]If you could just make it so choppers have to eat up from the main pool of ogres (Ie, the 14) the patch would seem a lot more balanced[/quote]
This!

Maybe not completely the same pool (as some maps you can drop them over the side), but I do think they need to be balanced against each other.

Maybe they should drop minis instead of the big guys

Maybe not completely the same pool (as some maps you can drop them over the side), but I do think they need to be balanced against each other.

Maybe they should drop minis instead of the big guys

i disagree highly, same pool or not at all. it's bad enough that they get dropped over walls and beat on your turrets. honestly it makes squire/apprentice buildings nearly unusable.

i disagree highly, same pool or not at all. it's bad enough that they get dropped over walls and beat on your turrets. honestly it makes squire/apprentice buildings nearly unusable.

I don't disagree, but like one suggested, if they were kinda like mini ogres or something, it wouldn't be as bad, and your turrets wouldn't get annihilated.

The truth is, like you said, regular turrets are useless now. I never use harpoons, fireballs, or anything anymore. They just die too easily. I only use traps,auras, and minions in any map. And even that is difficult now, since I can't keep my mages alive through so many ogres.

I'm pretty sure you aren't intended to need 4500 stats to be able to use towers anymore. Oh, and I doubt you can use them even then, because 4500 tower attack is nothing now against 70-80 million HP ogres. As they say.... G frikkin G.