Patch Discussion 7.38

Patch Notes: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58073

Keep it here and keep it civil, please.

If you have suggestions that are not related to the upcoming patch, make a thread about it here.

If you have problems after downloading the ~2.4GB patch make sure to try verifying your cache.

1: Open your steam library
2: Right click Dungeon Defenders (http://i.imgur.com/UyPCa.jpg)
3: Click properties (http://i.imgur.com/JvLz2.jpg)
4: Click local files (http://i.imgur.com/TO5wC.png)
5: Click verify integrity of game cache (http://i.imgur.com/IZDGD.png)

------------
The Shards 4 DLC for purchase will be put online tomorrow along with the Steam Workshop in-game full functionality(no patch required). If you own the complete pack you will be able to play shards 4 tonight (7/9/2012).

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering about mana tokens. Will there be an option 2 push mana into them while in a map?

Played a bit, gotta say, HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS IS GOOD. Failed hard on almost everything, but sooo much fun.

Seriously, how we could defeat all those bosses on nm hc within 18 min .. escpically that dragon .. it barely come to war billista area ( i.e most of the time it moves outside the map layers!) .. I've reached till djin boss then i runned of the time because of this ... chasing .. you should name it Chicken chaser challenge! -.-

well... ultimate weapons gain stats at a higher rate than supreme down, so my bet would be monks with ultimate weapons and 380^s, im just assuming boss rush is suppose to be the hardest thing in the game though.

I was wondering about mana tokens. Will there be an option 2 push mana into them while in a map?

No, Mana tokens can only be created in the tavern. It's one of the Services (service tab) from the tavernkeep.

quick note, The reward Weapons from Sky City gain stats at better rates thn normal. The Monks Monk Wrench is basically a Rug beater with a 245 melee damage upgrade cap (Rug beater was 100) and the Apprentice staff gains 78 damage per upgrade, easily beating the 48 of most staffs and the 55 of the big stick.

Seriously, how we could defeat all those bosses on nm hc within 18 min .. escpically that dragon .. it barely come to war billista area ( i.e most of the time he move outside the map layers!) .. I've reached till djin boss then i runned of the time because of this ... chasing .. you should name it Chicken chaser challenge! -.-

It was quite easy actually, though we recieved no rewards, and the steam achievement didn't activate. Turning it from awesome to suck kinda fast.

It was quite easy actually, though we recieved no rewards, and the steam achievement didn't activate. Turning it from awesome to suck kinda fast.

Well, could you tell me how did you hunt that dragon so fast while it most of the time fly outside the map .. :\

quick note, The reward Weapons from Sky City gain stats at better rates thn normal. The Monks Monk Wrench is basically a Rug beater with a 245 melee damage upgrade cap (Rug beater was 100) and the Apprentice staff gains 78 damage per upgrade, easily beating the 48 of most staffs and the 55 of the big stick.

What's the Apprentice staff?

Made a thread about it, but I'll post the link here:
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?69446-BUG-Game-Search-Filters-All-Sorts-of-Borked-with-New-Patch

New patch is having issues with Search Parameters being set for looking for game lobbies.

When going in to set your Search Filters. Clicking to UNcheck a map "X"s out ALL the other maps EXCEPT the one you want to uncheck.

Clicking on other maps X's out other options as well. You can either search ALL the maps or only search for ONE map.

You can no longer click and choose specific maps to avoid.

Well, could you tell me how did you hunt that dragon so fast while it most of the time fly outside the map .. :\

Well as far as build went, I used the same thing I use in OMF, 4 traps and 5 auras in the center with a buff and lighting tower, and a backup buff for when the tower goes down. Then for the dragon, You wait at a crossbow in its direction while someone covers you for mobs, and it'll eventually get to there if it changes directions, change harp, its just like on campaign, hit it then dps the hell out of it, should only take 2 or 3 hits w/ bow. Two (monk and adept) of us finished with almost 3 minutes left and I had been knocked off map by kracken.

So, given how the new ending shows off the heroes... when do we get the -other- hero? It shows the Jester, but as the song goes, one of these things is not like the other.

This latest patch in my opinion made it impossible for players that are just joining DD to get anywhere. There needs to be a way to turn off some of the monster types, or at least let the player get better gear on insane beside really low level mythical gear or godly. They feel very over powered. One, they drop an ogre which is the most powerful non-boss monster. Two, every time I tried any map I really liked the drop ships would move around any anti air tower and blow them to pieces. they are also pretty much impossible for melee characters to kill. I tried using a barbarian to deal with the ogre drop, and with 70k hp plus 90 Resistance in most element and physical defense they killed me very quickly. the only way to hit them is to jump and they are just barely in range for a single hit. I believe it was a good idea don't get me wrong, but I also believe this monster type needs some serious balancing so that all players can tackle the challenge and have fun playing the game instead of ripping their hair out.

I believe Copters should hoover at lower level. Now they are not only unaccessible for melee chars, but also shoot OVER reflecting walls, which are quite high already.

Well as far as build went, I used the same thing I use in OMF, 4 traps and 5 auras in the center with a buff and lighting tower, and a backup buff for when the tower goes down. Then for the dragon, You wait at a crossbow in its direction while someone covers you for mobs, and it'll eventually get to there if it changes directions, change harp, its just like on campaign, hit it then dps the hell out of it, should only take 2 or 3 hits w/ bow. Two (monk and adept) of us finished with almost 3 minutes left and I had been knocked off map by kracken.

Thanks .. it seems work better with 3 or 4 players XD .. anyway i lost at the kracken since he throw me out of the map -.- and all my mates already dead ..

I just beat it .. YAY! Mega chicken FTW .. Monkey FTL -.- xD .. 8-9 min left

thanks alot thats a great patch
i enjoied the videos very much

but i had a few problems :
on 2nd and 3rd stage of crystaline dimension the portal to the next stage was invisible
on stage 3 the new mob type dropped their load into map objects so they where stuck there
and in the final boss fight i wasnt able to control my char properly after i died untill i died the next time
( sorry if someone mentiones those problems already or if this is not the right part of the board i just want to go play again ... )

i guess sky city will definately be one of my most favourite maps next to aquanos
again thanks for this great birthday present ( dont tell my family but it was the best so far :) )

edit1 : the steam achievements dont seem to unlock the way they should ( tot 3 of the new trophys but non of the new steam achievements )

Gotta say, love the patch. So much content and all an extra day early.
I can ignore all the bugs for now, they'll be fixed and balanced. I'm sure of that.

But I'm sort of hoping some of the new hero portraits for the heroes might get fixed. Some of them seem REALLY low quality, no disrespect. Just in comparison too. Like, the Adept's steampunk hero portrait looks great, so does the Countess's Mermaid costume.

But it seems as though some of them are lacking. Such as the Huntress's Angel costume and the Squire's pirate. I mean, aside from the odd cropping size, they don't even seem to have any shading. I hope they're placeholders or something. I know it's not easy to churn out 50 or so hero portraits, I suppose. But at this point I feel like I'd rather just use default Huntress than the Angel costume I spent a few hours last Halloween getting just because the portrait doesn't look good.

Copters do need balancing. One of the most frustrating things was having crystal hits in NMHCMM even with the core entirely enveloped with reflect auras. So there is no defense against them :/

Now I did make it to wave 27, and in fact I hit #1 in leaderboards for Sky City, so I'm not a random noob by any stretch. But those copters were taking free hits on the crystal, even with them surrounded with reflect. That's how we eventually pretty much lost. Well, that and my gear isn't good enough, I don't have full supremes yet (or ultimate etc).

But it seems as though some of them are lacking. Such as the Huntress's Angel costume and the Squire's pirate. I mean, aside from the odd cropping size, they don't even seem to have any shading. I hope they're placeholders or something. I know it's not easy to churn out 50 or so hero portraits, I suppose. But at this point I feel like I'd rather just use default Huntress than the Angel costume I spent a few hours last Halloween getting just because the portrait doesn't look good.

Agreed. Also huntress' skin color is WAY too dark with Pocahontas and Angel - here, text covered second portrait, but it looks just like Diana from digest. Santa Helper looks great, didn't see others.
Initiate with stock costume became too bright, unconsequently %)

And we got the UE3 texture loading effect on portraits sometimes %D

Copters have made it a lot more difficult to win campaign maps on nm. No way I can survive with my builders even though I make sure to have 90% generic resist and everything else above 30% in tavern. I tried it with my demoness and although it was a lot easier on summit, it is still very difficult to repair/upgrade stuff since I have to deal with the ogres being dropped. Not sure I should use walls anymore since ogres will be near my crystal anyways.

Although, several times ogres were dropped on crystal and just never attacked. I will take the free kill, just a little wierd that they stand there doing nothing.

These copters might have raised the minimum stat requirement for nightmare.

It seems that dropped Ogres can't damage crystal at all.

I was thinking this, or I've been very lucky up until now

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Custom Maps Missing

I am having a problem with custom maps not showing up.

[QUOTE]Integrated Steam Workshop, and DDDK now automatically cooks for both Mac and PC. You can browse and add maps from the Steam Workshop while in-game, and if you join a Workshop map that you don't already have downloaded, the Workshop subscription page for that map is automatically opened for you. Most usefully, moved all Custom Missions to their own Mission Setup tab, rather than putting them in the "Challenges" section.[/QUOTE]

There is a only a button for "Get Custom Missions" and no tab for Custom Missions. "Get Custom Missions" will just take you to the Steam Workshop which doesn't have a Dungeon Defenders Section. How do I get my custom missions back? They are in the same place as they were before.

Thank you.