lvl 70 apprentice trying to get a better staff, any ideas on what to do?

I could help you with that if you want. I've heard the last boss's staff is best but I don't know :S i can take you with me to last boss n kill it on hard or kill other stuff its up to you.

My staff does 1k-1.3k every projectile and 3.7k each charged projectile. Overall i can make it do 23k dps. I am willing to do ramparts on insane if you want you can tag along and collect any item on the floor.

Farming Alchemical Laboratory on insane drops a good class specific weapon. A buddy of mine with an apprentice does over 20k dps with a staff he picked up there and he was a noob and put a few points into attack and HP instead of full elemental damage. I've run it 10+ times over the last couple days and picked up a sword for my squire that boasts 93k dps with bloodrage (fully upgraded, 29 levels).

You probably already know this, but I don't want to be misleading, so note that this is elemental damage. If you run into a poison resistant mob they take a while to drop. But since towers can take care of those and bosses/ogres are never resistant to anything, it's well worth it. :)

Farming Alchemical Laboratory on insane drops a good class specific weapon. A buddy of mine with an apprentice does over 20k dps with a staff he picked up there and he was a noob and put a few points into attack and HP instead of full elemental damage. I've run it 10+ times over the last couple days and picked up a sword for my squire that boasts 93k dps with bloodrage (fully upgraded, 29 levels).

You probably already know this, but I don't want to be misleading, so note that this is elemental damage. If you run into a poison resistant mob they take a while to drop. But since towers can take care of those and bosses/ogres are never resistant to anything, it's well worth it. :)

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?9601-Guide-for-Base-damage-and-Elemental-damage-dps-difference. Check my guide out and tell me what you think.