GUIDE - AFK Leveling - Foundries and Forges Survival (medium)

While this may not be the fastest method of powerleveling a character, it is extremely easy as it can be done while entirely AFK. I was able to hit #5 on the ranked leaderboard completely AFK doing this.

Start a Foundries and Forges Medium survival game and make sure the Unlimited Build Time box is turned off. This allows the rounds to progress without you actually being there. Over 15 hours you can net around 1.2m experience.

To do this, you will need a Squire with max tower health and tower attack stats. My squire is only level 61 and his gear is only decent, and he does the job fine. I use the Steam engineer pet for a bonus to my towers health.

1. With the first round of money (200 mana) place two cannon towers on the lava pits looking towards the shared stairs. These need to be as high and far back as possible. Ignore the Magic Missile tower. I place that to finish off my last 3 DU and it is not an important part of this strategy.

2. Work on placing 9 additional cannon towers around your core.

3. Build the MM tower from #1 if you wish. You can use another trap but using this tower ensures it is there for the full game with no upkeep.

4. Upgrade your towers as you see fit. I usually upgrade them two or three times each, depending on how much time I have. I don't know if upgrading them fully would make much of a difference or not.

5. Go AFK standing behind (or on top of) the crystal. Come back in a day and level up.

6. Squire Builder Stats
7. Progress made on a level 31 character after an AFK session.
8. Leaderboard screenshot
9. End of round statistics. It says 21 waves in combat because it doesn't count the first few that it skips in this number.

Good luck.

ps
I know this is extremely slow in terms of exp/hr but it's pretty dang good for being AFK. I start it before I go to bed and by the time I get home from work, it's done. Sadly, the one above ended about 5 minutes before I got home.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very inefficent way.
I just got to wave 19 on hard.... (to bad I was away and they killed the core, 1 left to achievement -.-)
Anyways, if you put cannons 2 on one side and 1 on the other side of the 2nd level of stairs you can go easily up to wave 19 on HARD.

S&D require them to be close enough to hit them... how can you AFK when you have to repair your damn S&D all the time? I've stopped using S&D.

On the same note, why do you even need tower health? Are things really getting close enough? Or is it just enough to counter ogre spitballs over 20 waves?

This needs to be fixed. AFK leveling in any game is not cool, it's not fun, and it's just lame. What the hell is the point of skipping all the leveling anyway? It's half the game. If you want to hit 70 that quickly just friggin' roll a modded character on an open game.

S&D require them to be close enough to hit them... how can you AFK when you have to repair your damn S&D all the time? I've stopped using S&D.

On the same note, why do you even need tower health? Are things really getting close enough? Or is it just enough to counter ogre spitballs over 20 waves?

I'm pretty sure the ogres never get close enough to hit the towers. It's the jumping assassins (I think) that are the ones killing my turrets.

I went tower health because this is the squire I use for normal missions as well.

Lol ixath.. did you ever say how much mana you made from this?

I don't get crap on Medium. It ended up being like 110k or something. I did a hard the other day and I guess some good items got sold (think I got lucky) because I made a few hundred thousand.

But if you have the engi... no?

Healing pets are garbage, from what I can tell. They can take 100s of mana at a time to heal for 9 damage.

Why be such a ******? Go play on Open, nobody respects 'people' who power-level. It sucks and ruins the game for others.

Why be such a ******? Go play on Open, nobody respects 'people' who power-level. It sucks and ruins the game for others.

How am I ruining the game for you? I've never played in a single custom game. Every game I play is private and with people I'm friends with. I already have a few level 70s. This is to speed up the process so I don't have to run glitter 1340989423 times for the rest of my characters. I don't even know who you are and I've never seen you before. Sorry if you get upset so easily.

Wow, you are overreacting. How dare you use towers?! Master Strategist?! You are ruining the game for me!

You're teaching the dopes who want to just skip levelling to look cool with their 'Epic sword of Uberness' before they actually even play the game properly...

It's not YOU that is ruining the game for me, it's the others you are teaching ( some ).

Wow, you are overreacting. How dare you use towers?! Master Strategist?! You are ruining the game for me!

Lion King 3D was a great film.

You're teaching the dopes who want to just skip levelling to look cool with their 'Epic sword of Uberness' before they actually even play the game properly...

It's not YOU that is ruining the game for me, it's the others you are teaching ( some ).

To do this, you need to have LEVELED A CHARACTER ALREADY.

Seriously, you are being a huge baby about this. Let people play the game how they want to play, as long as it is allowed. Survival mode is boring and tedious, why not create the best defense and leave it. What else are you going to do, sit there for 8 hours watching?

Also, Lion king? What?

Don't judge the man for giving out some helpful tips to most likely new players! Everyone plays every game in different ways and it's up to them how they play! However, I don't really think this is that efficient... You could probably level faster from actually playing the game with other players! More players = more monsters = more exp :)

Its around 8 minutes a run of medium glittering for 230k xp, takes around 3 hours to hit level cap, you get better loot/mana, chance to roll a nice bonus weapon, and you spend half the runs afking anyways after you get your towers up in the first 2 waves. Anyone complaining about this needs to get over it, leveling is a joke, its grinding for godly rolled gear that takes up time.

I wouldnt call this cheating. This is a tower defense game, so everything is LEgit if your towers are uber strong.
I also doubt trendy would have a problem.