Dungeon Defenders Etiquette

Some rules I play by, and hope to see in others.

When you join someone's game show some respect, they didnt insta-kick you like 70% of other hosts, and they are (most often) providing you with a defence build to play and get free experience with.

When you join a game:

Do:
-Collect mana and ferry it to the builder for the first couple of rounds.
-Repair and upgrade defences. (Except auras/traps on pure strategy).
-Pay attention to Ogre's/Djinn/Sharken, do they need killing? Usually, yes.
-Use a mic responsibly, we do want to hear where the Djinn are, we dont want to hear your music/singing.

Don't:
-Grab the mana before the builder and keep it.
-Ignore damaged defences, especially in build phases. The host would like some time to kill stuff too.
-Grab all the chest drops. There are other players you know, who are probably repairing/building.
-Build your own defences unless asked. You will mess up the host's build which will most likly use those DU's.
-Hoover up every item you see. Its plain greedy, and 99% of those items are useless other than for the mana which everyone gets a share of if you leave them to sell. Not to mention whilst you are item hoovering, you arent helping.
-Abuse the Circle button to call out. It can be very annoying if used incorrectly.
-Switch to a low level character. It is not appropriate to use someone else to boost you without asking!
-Press the crystal for "Ready" before the builder. (Easy-Hard difficulties).

When you host a game:

Do:
-USE A PRIVATE ROOM IF YOU DONT WANT PEOPLE TO JOIN. WANT 1 TO JOIN? MAKE A FRIEND!
-Check people's stats and gear. You can do this by pressing start, going to their pic and hitting triangle (PS3).
-Have a good reason to kick someone, and explain why if you have a mic. Otherwise how will they learn?

Don't:
-Kick someone within 10 lvls without checking stats & gear. Yes, my hero attack is 68, I still do 200k dps and repair.
-Expect people who join to build for you. As host you should be able to do the map you host or at least have a clue.
-Go AFK and expect this to be ok because you are host. It isnt. Ever.
-Hang around in the Taven with no intention of playing the map you advertise anytime soon. You are wasting other peoples time offering something you arent going to deliver.

Anything I missed? I'll add em in.

Points deleted- classic

Don't go I to to other peoples tavern and start spamming the circle button the minute you see something you like. It gets old - real fast.

"Foo, you are my favorite forum poster. That is all." - Classic22

Don't go I to to other peoples tavern and start spamming the circle button the minute you see something you like. It gets old - real fast.

"Foo, you are my favorite forum poster. That is all." - Classic22

Dont kick someone cause they watched the hunger Games -_-

It's a shame more people don't adhere to some of these.

Also, if you enter as a high-level build, especially a DPS, don't just switch to a much lower-level build without at least asking first, and accept it if the host says "No." I usually don't kick, but this one guy wanted me to help him level his squire, this is while doing the Misty map. I told him if he could wait til we finished the map, I'd properly level him a bit. Long story short, he swapped to his squire a couple of waves later, so I gave him the boot.

I like kicking people, private match takes to much effort. I even kick fools on the 19th wave of mystymire, no way you mooching a fairy from me.

I pity you. Getting off the couch too much effort too?
Its people like you that spoil the community and the game for others.

awesome post

@garvin im sure its much easier to kick everyone who enters than just doing private. this thread is writen for defenders like you

awesome post

@garvin im sure its much easier to kick everyone who enters than just doing private. this thread is writen for defenders like you

Inviting people can take time. And playing solo can be lonely, so I found a peaceful middle where i can invite friends and kick to my hearts delight. I'm being honest here saying ' make a private match ' isn't gonna change my mind just like naming your hero ' dont kick me ' didn't. And i know i'm not the only person who feels this way.

The OP has issues being kicked himself got a smack bum for listing everyone that booted him previously. Sour point no doubt.

Although I tend to agree slightly i mean your friends are not always online. Freezing issues etc let 2/3 in and have no choice sometimes.

The main reason I do a public match is to either find someone to run moraggo with who has a mike or look for people who want to trade. Should have a standard Tavern room for trade Like Deeper Well insane or something so people know who looking to trade. Otherwise I typically do private.

a combined tavern would be a great map, like a market for everyone to post what they want and what they got. it would take the items from your room and put them in the "market" tavern. four markets in one match that way no one has to drop out go to their tavern pick up what they think will be able to trade and then wait for an invite, then possibly have to go back for a different item.

sweet idea.. maybe if more people are interested they will make it so.

Some rules I play by, and hope to see in others.

When you join someone's game show some respect, they didnt insta-kick you like 70% of other hosts, and they are (most often) providing you with a defence build to play and get free experience with.

When you join a game:

-Repair and upgrade defences. (Except auras/traps on pure strategy).

I hate when people upgrade defences for no reason.
Upgrading is a quick way to repair defences when you do not have time to repair

When you host a game:

Do:
-Feel free to kick anyone more than 10 levels lower than the host, they should have known better.

you might want to keep that for your self
unless filters come that allow you to set the minimum required level to join your game, this game in public matches is free for all
I basically demand you remove that
I sure hope to not see this rule in others

If your defences need repairing that urgently, AND between build phases, you already have a problem that goes waay beyond the players around you.
And as for players that are just dead weight: No, I won't level your noob at the cost of everyone else. If you ask, I may help later.

Demanding things isnt going to get you anything. And from where I sit you seem to speak from a lack of experience.

If your defences need repairing that urgently, AND between build phases, you already have a problem that goes waay beyond the players around you.
And as for players that are just dead weight: No, I won't level your noob at the cost of everyone else. If you ask, I may help later.

Demanding things isnt going to get you anything. And from where I sit you seem to speak from a lack of experience.

oohh nice frases
dead weight....
noobs...
lack of experience...

I have more hours in this game that you ll ever have
I dont mind "noobs" or "deadweight" because I was once in their shoes, and I pretty much can help anyone do any map and they just can sit and watch and learn
I do not need to kick anyone because it is a public game, and anyone can join, I do not suffer from elitist syndromes like you
I can demand anything I want since you re out of line and since you are entitled to your opinion I am entitled to judge yours and say my opinion
If you do not like it you know the exit
stick around you have lots to learn