Build Time turn on/off once level is completed on NM.

Hi, Im having a situation with the build time in NM. I realize I'm not enjoying the new maps as much as I was when I first started playing this game. The reason: The build time. I understand the intent is to add more difficulty, but its actually preventing from really enjoying the level designs and such. I can't play on any other difficulty, cause I already have NM loot so its boring and many times I don't feel like doing 25-30 waves of survival; just want to get with some friends (I play lots of splitscreens and online as well), play 7-8 waves, achieve victory and just move on to the next map, but don't want to rush or be rushed through those waves. So my suggestion would be to, once the level has been completed on NM enable the capability to switch the timed build phase on/off, I think this won't hurt the game's difficulty added by NM (Since you still have to beat the timer the 1st time) and will add a little more replayability on maps.

Thank you!

Holy smokes, the first good suggestion on the patch-notes page in a few months.

Hi, I’m having a situation with the build time in NM. I realize I'm not enjoying the new maps as much as I was when I first started playing this game. The reason: The build time. I understand the intent is to add more difficulty, but it’s actually preventing from really enjoying the level designs and such. I can't play on any other difficulty, cause I already have NM loot so it’s boring and many times I don't feel like doing 25-30 waves of survival; just want to get with some friends (I play lots of splitscreens and online as well), play 7-8 waves, achieve victory and just move on to the next map, but don't want to rush or be rushed through those waves. So my suggestion would be to, once the level has been completed on NM enable the capability to switch the timed build phase on/off, I think this won't hurt the game's difficulty added by NM (Since you still have to beat the timer the 1st time) and will add a little more replayability on maps.

Thank you!

to further grant said player "the right of passage" to turn off timer on campeing mode and other similiar modes with build timers. give them the option only if they did it solo, otherwise i could just pay someone to run all the maps for me and in a sense cheat the system.

if you can beat it on NM HC Solo, then you have indeed proved you can do it and deserve such a reward and from hence forth your friends can enjoy the map with you when you host.

further more, add same option to Insane mode, if i beat insane mode HC solo, then let me remove timer on insane mode.

Honestly if you can beat a map with a timer, you probably can beat it without. It's just a matter of time until you find a way to put enough before first wave starts with the good char to finish building during the wave...

The "difficulty" brought by this timer is just not an interesting difficulty : how cares if you are able to set up fast enough ?

I particularly hate this because when discovering a new map I almost always launch it on hard to watch and imagine a setup and then restart on NM... On don't see any point in this : it's not an interesting challenge but just a pain while it prevents us from discover new maps easily as well as from enjoying the landscape :\

I'm not for a solo restriction : DD is also meant to be multi you know ? I personally never play solo (because it's not funny to me) and wouldn't want to replay every single map just because I didn't beat them solo. Besides I'm not sure the game currently makes the difference between coop completion and solo completion.

This is a very nice idea. I would just like to add (again) that solo players should get more build time. (see below)

[QUOTE]to further grant said player "the right of passage" to turn off timer on campeing mode and other similiar modes with build timers. give them the option only if they did it solo, otherwise i could just pay someone to run all the maps for me and in a sense cheat the system.[/QUOTE]

You mean like the way I can join a NM multiplayer campaign game, finish it, then play a solo survival on that map? No, that's not what you mean, but it's pretty close and its not cheating or gaming the system.
I have not been able to get close to soloing Karathiki with such a large map and not enough time, unless I suck it up and join a bunch of strangers I will never be able to get a Cowboy Monkey. (hate karakthiki now too) I also am one of the sad few who, through Trendy's poor documantation, ended up in Open mode where modders and hackers abound. By the time it was clear that Open Mode was a big mistake, I could not see dumping months of play and starting over. So I HAVE to try to solo everything or play with my one trusted DDef buddy. sorry. got off topic..

Anyhow, Good idea on cutting out the timer. Please add more time for solo players too.

...once the level has been completed on NM enable the capability to switch the timed build phase on/off...

I like the idea. It follows with the format of unlocking things in the game, and it adds replay value. That's a win-win.
It might only change the first wave or two; enabling solo players to get all the chests, and granting time to place defenses more precisely when the map is replayed. It could make farming and leveling easier, but is that really bad? What's level 90 gonna be, 2 billion xp? I would enjoy replaying campaign more if i could take my time building.

solo players should get more build time

Yes, with a big pile of 'yes' heaped next to it (with some 'yes please' on top?).
Just because it's logical. Logic gives me the warm fuzzies, don't deny me my fuzzies. Maybe start with 10-20 more seconds on the clock for a solo player, then knock off 5-10 seconds for each additional player. It would help out the solo-ers and it could make it a bit more work for players who choose to have 3 afk controllers. Win-win?

So sad that this topic got moved to the suggestions page to die a silent death.
So sad.

So sad.

that's sarcasm right? i mean it could be true....alot of things trendy does never made sense....flashy graphics that keep you from seeing the game...and other things.

Completely 100% agree with this suggestion. But as I replied to basically every post in this thread so far, I've come up with an idea. If Trendy doesn't like this. I think it would be a fair compromise for all missions on the first wave to have no timer. With the mana you start with on each map, having no timer, and proper placement shouldn't give anyone problems and be able to enjoy campaign and challenges again. Then having a timer on every wave after that is just time to upgrade, replace, adjust, add, or whatever you need to do to make the build better before the next wave starts instead of trying to start everything from scratch.

to further grant said player "the right of passage" to turn off timer on campeing mode and other similiar modes with build timers. give them the option only if they did it solo, otherwise i could just pay someone to run all the maps for me and in a sense cheat the system.

if you can beat it on NM HC Solo, then you have indeed proved you can do it and deserve such a reward and from hence forth your friends can enjoy the map with you when you host.

In that case, then no one will ever be able to toggle time off on the Sky Of Love Challenge. Doubt anyone has ever beaten that NM HC solo.

further more, add same option to Insane mode, if i beat insane mode HC solo, then let me remove timer on insane mode.

Well ofcourse, and if beaten on NM it removes insane timer as well.

Honestly if you can beat a map with a timer, you probably can beat it without. It's just a matter of time until you find a way to put enough before first wave starts with the good char to finish building during the wave...

The "difficulty" brought by this timer is just not an interesting difficulty : how cares if you are able to set up fast enough ?

I particularly hate this because when discovering a new map I almost always launch it on hard to watch and imagine a setup and then restart on NM... On don't see any point in this : it's not an interesting challenge but just a pain while it prevents us from discover new maps easily as well as from enjoying the landscape :\

I'm not for a solo restriction : DD is also meant to be multi you know ? I personally never play solo (because it's not funny to me) and wouldn't want to replay every single map just because I didn't beat them solo. Besides I'm not sure the game currently makes the difference between coop completion and solo completion.

I do the same thing, I beat it on hard to get the feel for the map first. Dealing with the timer isn't a difficulty, it's just annoying. And your right, the game doesn't really make a difference if solo or multiplayer.

You mean like the way I can join a NM multiplayer campaign game, finish it, then play a solo survival on that map? No, that's not what you mean, but it's pretty close and its not cheating or gaming the system.
I have not been able to get close to soloing Karathiki with such a large map and not enough time, unless I suck it up and join a bunch of strangers I will never be able to get a Cowboy Monkey. (hate karakthiki now too) I also am one of the sad few who, through Trendy's poor documantation, ended up in Open mode where modders and hackers abound. By the time it was clear that Open Mode was a big mistake, I could not see dumping months of play and starting over. So I HAVE to try to solo everything or play with my one trusted DDef buddy. sorry. got off topic..

Anyhow, Good idea on cutting out the timer. Please add more time for solo players too.

Yup, places like the Jungle are extremely annoying to setup for with a time. It's because it is multi-layered. Like when trying to go to a place on the map(south to north) most of the time I'm headed that way and I get stopped and then I look at map and gonna go way out of the way and go around to get to that spot. Extremely annoying.

I like the idea. It follows with the format of unlocking things in the game, and it adds replay value. That's a win-win. It might only change the first wave or two; enabling solo players to get all the chests, and granting time to place defenses more precisely when the map is replayed. It could make farming and leveling easier, but is that really bad? What's level 90 gonna be, 2 billion xp? I would enjoy replaying campaign more if i could take my time building.

Agreed, sometimes it just nice to go through the campaign and enjoy it without having to rush things. HEck, they could even just disable the WAVE 1 timer completely and probably could fix this probably.

Yes, with a big pile of 'yes' heaped next to it (with some 'yes please' on top?).
Just because it's logical. Logic gives me the warm fuzzies, don't deny me my fuzzies. Maybe start with 10-20 more seconds on the clock for a solo player, then knock off 5-10 seconds for each additional player. It would help out the solo-ers and it could make it a bit more work for players who choose to have 3 afk controllers. Win-win?

If we do get stuck with timer, people who solo should get a lot more time. If more then one person, the the timer stays the same as is. But now I'm liking my own idea of having no timer on WAVE 1. Sounds like a fair compromise for all of this.

Ya that tends to happen when things like this don't go in General or Patch Notes section. And when I wanted to get something into this game, it helps when you post a lot and have a link to the thread and description in your signature to help spread the word. It helped a lot when I did it, and not it's in the game XD.