I have some great ideas for a Jurassic Park DLC. I'm still brainstorming ideas, and this isn't something that would be so simple to implement which is why I think it might fit better here than the Suggestion forum.

I'm envisioning big DLC pack that adds tons of new content.

First would be character skins, this is pretty simple.

Squire: Dr. Grant
Monk: Ian Malcolm/ Jeff Goldblum
Apprentice: John Hammond
Huntress: Ellie Sattler

I would also want to a new Summoner skin included, which would also affect the appearance of his minions. The summoner himself would look like an InGen scientist. And instead of placing runs he would place an egg and the reskinned dinosaur summon would hatch out of it.

As far as summons go, I'm thinking the ogre should definitely be replaced by a t-rex. The acid spitters would be a perfect replacement for the archers and pachycephalosaurus would be a good fit for the orcs. I'm not sure yet about mages and spiders (maybe compies?).

I also have some ideas for new maps/challenges.

The first would be a simple dino fest in a new jungle type map. It would be the same as the monster fests but with dinosaurs instead. This map would also have a pvp mode with npc dinos running around to make things more exciting.

The next would be a generator defense challenge. Instead of having a number of mobs to kill, you would have a number of minutes to survive per wave. There are several generators (mabye 2 or 3) that you have to protect like you would crystals. However, they also lose power over time. The only way to restore it is to grab gas cans that randomly spawn on the map and bring them to the generators. If one generator is destroyed or loses power, then part of the electric fence goes down and the dino mobs increase in both number and difficulty. If all generators go down you lose. And there is a boss wave where you fight a T-Rex.

There would be weapon rewards for this challenge:

Huntress: cattle prod, very similair to a flamethrower, but with electricity
Apprentice: John Hammond's cane with the embered mosquito on top, it would fire mosquitoes as projectiles
Monk: a stout tree branch
Squire: a giant raptor claw or maybe a bone club or dino tooth (thanks to Zeus for hese ideas)

The last challenge would be a velociraptor egg retrieval challenge. You have a small lab (or maybe several) that needs to be defended, and veolciraptor eggs will spawn on the map (only one at a time). You have to go out and retrieve the egg, take it to a lab and make sure that the lab is defended from the raptors that want their eggs back.

The reward for this would be the new costume that I first listed and a velociraptor pet. The velociraptor pet would be extremely powerful, but only do close range claw slash attacks.

I like your quote on how the movie earned a begrudging three stars because it had a name that fit the story.

I give this idea similar rating. 3 out of 5.

squire weapon: bone blade or t-rex/dino tooth blade. Basically a curved pointy weapon made of bone.

EDIT: Actually a bone club would make more sense, picture dual bone clubs with a new skin for barbarian "the cave man" xD

Lol this guy... some idea, though dinosaurs would be cool in some capacity :)

Though this makes me think there should be a mini golf, mini game added in....

squire weapon: bone blade or t-rex/dino tooth blade. Basically a curved pointy weapon made of bone.

EDIT: Actually a bone club would make more sense, picture dual bone clubs with a new skin for barbarian "the cave man" xD

I like these ideas. I was also thinking about the raptor claw the Dr. Grant had in the first movie, but it's too small. I suppose there could be a giant version.

While I understand your fascination for giant reptiles, I am sure that nude costume for Huntress would attract more fans.

While I understand your fascination for giant reptiles, I am sure that nude costume for Huntress would attract more fans.

If she weren't a child, it might.

It'd be really creepy if they did release that. Also illegal.

If she weren't a child, it might.

It'd be really creepy if they did release that. Also illegal.

She isnt a child. There were arguments about this when it was first released.

I only ever watched JP once....and the only thing I remember really is when they went to try and take off again the one dude got munched on and he splattered all over the airplane window and they crashed. LOL yeah not very pleasant memory. *shudder* But I do like dinosaurs, and I think this is an idea to consider.

Here is a question that has been on my mind for a couple months now. How do they know which sound a certain dinosaur makes? Also, how do they know what color they were? O.o

Giving you a bump my friend!

I only ever watched JP once....

blasphemy!!!!!

[QUOTE]and the only thing I remember really is when they went to try and take off again the one dude got munched on and he splattered all over the airplane window and they crashed. LOL yeah not very pleasant memory. *shudder* But I do like dinosaurs, and I think this is an idea to consider.

Here is a question that has been on my mind for a couple months now. How do they know which sound a certain dinosaur makes? Also, how do they know what color they were? O.o

Giving you a bump my friend![/QUOTE]

I don't think they really know what sounds they made or what colors they were. But I think a lot of the dinosaurs actually had feathers, though I prefer the more reptilian version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
blasphemy!!!!!

I don't think they really know what sounds they made or what colors they were. But I think a lot of the dinosaurs actually had feathers, though I prefer the more reptilian version.

Haha! Yeah it is not really my cup of tea. Give me a detective murder mystery like Hercule Poriot or action like the Fast Five or Avengers. LOL

Hmm. Feathers? So you are one of those "dinosaurs-turned-into-birds" people?

This would be awesome. :D
Only issue would be licensing. Though a more generic Dinosaur DLC would be awesome.

Maybe someone that knows the DDDK could attempt some of these ideas?

*has read both Jurassic Park books; and loved them*

This would make it like those fun 1 hour Jurassic Park survival Warcraft maps people still play.

This idea must happen.