Sign in to follow this  
Nexus

New Tavern

We'll have to figure out, how we could add an auction house.

Put a set of shelves somewhere where you could place specific items and visitors could view stats and write down their bids... Oh man it would be awesome! :-)

I could convert part of the top floor into a shop space. I've got the Ultimate defender secret room placed in. The original secret room is going in next after some arranging on the top floor.

A non persistent auction house could be done with some scripting. A permanent one would need some deeper code work (to avoid bugs and such.) But that is something I can work on later. For now getting all the shards content and some more custom meshes done is first on the list.

I could convert part of the top floor into a shop space. I've got the Ultimate defender secret room placed in. The original secret room is going in next after some arranging on the top floor.

A non persistent auction house could be done with some scripting. A permanent one would need some deeper code work (to avoid bugs and such.) But that is something I can work on later. For now getting all the shards content and some more custom meshes done is first on the list.

Nexus just do what you want :-) I wasn't demanding anything just sorta thinking out loud

Hey I like good out of the box ideas.

Also...I happened to catch this out of the corner of my eye whilst correcting some meshes... The new tavern keeps shadow looming from above...

The placement of the cellar room was entirely not inentional, lol. Just ended up underneath the bar because the pond in the back was in the way.

Wow simply amazing! I have downloaded this before on Steam Workshop, but had a problem with the grass displaying as blue blocks. I see you added lots of features, I will be sure to download it again.

EDIT: I can't seem to find it on Steam Workshop anymore. Did you remove it?

I would love to be able to see this map again, even if it isn't finished, it would be great if you could post downloadable links to the most recent of your tavern work!

Below is the updated Tavern. You should be able to load levels from it with no problem. Kismet work has not been done yet.

PC :http://www.gamefront.com/files/22129597/NexNew_LobbyLevel_PC.rar
MAC: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22129847/NexNew_LobbyLevelMAC.rar

Installation : Extract the files (DO NOT RENAME THEM) then place them in

Steam\Steamapps\Common\DungeonDefenders\UDKGame\CookedMods (Or CookModsOSX, respectively)

You wont be able to play with this over the internet unfortunately.

The lights and everything just look so warming, atmosphere is amazing and it still retains a bit of the original tavern feel. Honestly amazing, nice job

It's a shame you cant put it on Steam Workshop anymore because of file size restrictions. I'm sure you got many downloads through there.

Is there a way to add it back then providing a custom link to the download in the description, or does steam force you to upload something?

Either way I subscribed to this thread and look forward to future updates. You put endless dedication into your work for everyone to enjoy. Thank you so much! :cool:

If only there were a way to exchange forges like crystals. Dat Sky City forge.

I think this could be implemented easily.

Nexus I would like to do a video review and put it up on youtube if that's OK.

Also, both the tavern secret rooms are locked, even through I have the first one unlocked.
And I noticed you made the roof of the entire tavern not solid like it was before.

P.S. Love the water slide!

Hm, you can edit the core and its colors in the hero select screen in the main menu.
What if we made an "Change Tavern" option for Ranked? I wouldn't have a problem with using this as my Tavern.

Yup, and here's to hoping they use it for the new Tavern. Been needing a less cluttered and more spaced out tavern since Shards were getting released.