Trap visuals scaled down :>

I'm really really starting to feel like there'll be a new thread everytime a single line is added to the patch notes.

But even the small things, like this, are something a lot of us have been looking forward to.

ESPECIALLY PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO LOVE INFERNO TRAPS.

Now all they need to do is do the same thing for fireball towers and I will love them forever.

hell, if possible i would like to see another thing happen

completely scale down traps, and auras

just give us enoug of a visual cue to know they are there or active, but not so much that it takes a significant portion of the fps with it.

i would say just have a circle on the ground, when a trap is activated, have a small color gradient come up, no taller than the hero and have it fade to transparent.

it would tell us its active, and its range better than it currently does.

and with auras, make the orb only 5% visible, and have a solid line with a gradient go through it, or over it, kind of like radar.

but thats just my opinion on what would look better and take less power.

hell, if possible i would like to see another thing happen

completely scale down traps, and auras

just give us enoug of a visual cue to know they are there or active, but not so much that it takes a significant portion of the fps with it.

i would say just have a circle on the ground, when a trap is activated, have a small color gradient come up, no taller than the hero and have it fade to transparent.

it would tell us its active, and its range better than it currently does.

and with auras, make the orb only 5% visible, and have a solid line with a gradient go through it, or over it, kind of like radar.

but thats just my opinion on what would look better and take less power.

yea if i walk into an aura i'm lagged. even in my own lobby on the lowest setting so i'm gonna +1 your opinion

The transparency is a general issue for many graphic engines and there is not much Trendy could do about it. Unless you want to replace translucent auras with wireframe? :P

Am I the only person dissapointed? They were quite fun to mess around with :P

Ah well, I guess the people who use them for serious purposes won ;)

it depends on the transparency, i dont think that a solid color that gets put to 5% visible takes the same processing power as what they are doing with it now.

and if its just a wire frame, i could live with that, it would basically be my idea again with the radar kind of thing through it.

but the biggest issues is the traps, and other visual flare things that completely kill fps with just 1 trap...

if the game gave me advanced options in the game, i would disable most of that stuff just for smoother gameplay, mind you i play ay 1920x1080 windowed on a 1920x1200 monitor and a hd 5770.

Could always give a "basic/advanced aura/trap" setting that renders them simplistic for those with lower end PCs and higher settings for those with better PCs. Less animations on the traps (fire, explosion flash, etc) and 80% translucent (or however much would make them pretty much see through but still noticeable) auras.

Could always give a "basic/advanced aura/trap" setting that renders them simplistic for those with lower end PCs and higher settings for those with better PCs. Less animations on the traps (fire, explosion flash, etc) and 80% translucent (or however much would make them pretty much see through but still noticeable) auras.

You missed the point of this thread. They took our suggestion under consideration...

Here is the line in the patch notes we are talking about: "* Redesigned Trap-Active VFX to scale better at end-game (not blot out the screen, etc)"

I hope they either make it optional, or also post how to undo this by tweaking an *.ini-file or something. I actually love getting my stats up and seeing the effects increase. I remember when I only had this game for a while, how crazy I was about how many explosions my fireball towers caused. I've got a mid-range graphics card, and usually don't hit 60> FPS (ATI HD5870).

You missed the point of this thread. They took our suggestion under consideration...

Here is the line in the patch notes we are talking about: "* Redesigned Trap-Active VFX to scale better at end-game (not blot out the screen, etc)"

I didn't, actually. Sometimes I like the high gfx count on the traps. Granted, other times I do want it to be simpler, but some days I want to put my new graphics card to good use. :P Some Rangers just want to watch the level burn.

Cool. But really to me it's more a of a "about time already". How do you guys play and test this game and let it take this long to change this ;)

Bravo nonetheless!

Some trap heavy builds basicly blind you. This is a problem when you're a "Trap" Huntress and the only safe place is on the traps. (Huntresses have the lowest HP in the game, a Pure Trap build Huntress would not invest in HP stats, if at all.)

The Best way to survive is to avoid getting hit. You can't really dodge stuff if you don't see if it's heading towards you. I died a few times as I didn't see the Arrows/Spit Balls heading towards me, as the Screen is the just glowing the colour of the trap.

Being visually impaired, I recently posted that my favorite part of the game was that it was easy to see and my least favorite part of the game was that it was hard to see.

Trendy, I love you man!

Hopefully scaled down enough that even high end players dont get more than knee high infernoes...

do agree starting a public lobby making it private filly my tavern with fire traps then making it public as u set it off and then the game of how long will it take people to load into ur lobby.

as for the scale down my eyes will love this as they used to hate my set ups at times but i never get lag issues from traps and auras even when im playing ona friend who is in the us and hes hosting (im in the uk) i have killed my friends graphics card thoguh with a random set up but his computer was 6years old and had a built in graphics card.

anyone with a fairly up todate pc set up for gaming shouldnt get lag issues from traps and auras unless they havent set up here card right and changed a few settings on the card options to improve

I've gotten so used to playing with Postprocessing off, that I think the game looks much worse with it turned on. Everything is way too glowly/intense. yes the game is a little dark with it off, but I really do think it looks better in comparison.