Good names for armor types?

I'm trying to come up with armor type names atm, because most of my gear is upped and I have left 1 up because I couldn't think of a name.

I did come up with a nice name for leather; Dragonhide, ( hide is leather made from animal's skin)

Plate= ?
Chain=?
Mail=?
Pristine=?

Thanks for the names you come up with =D

I name mine more practical. PlM Tower (Plate Mythical), PrM Aura, CM WallBuff, MM DPS, etc. etc.

I named mine after things from the Song of Fire and Ice books (Game of Thrones)

3 Headed Dragon
Kingsguard
Hand of the King
Kings Landing

Tyrion the Imp (Pet)
Needle (Sword)
Oathkeeper (Halberd)

:)

Mine =

Trans - Tower Set
Trans - DPS Set
Supreme - Tower Set
Supreme - DPS Set
Supreme - Mixed Set

i dont have any naming conventions as far as my armor goes. i randomly name pieces when i do. most times i am too lazy too or dont particularly see the point because chances are im just going to replace the piece in a matter of days anyway.

for the record though, hide is just the skin of an animal, cured or not. hide armor, or rather, rawhide armor, is untanned animal skin. its really pretty much just clothing, and doesnt really provide much for protection. leather armor has been tanned and cured, and sometimes hardened. its not much better, protection wise, but it can block a couple of swings at you. the real conundrum comes in with them having mail and chain armor. mail is chain. but whatever.

there are a bunch of fantasy types of armor that have been concocted, but generally, armor falls into one of 4 categories: leather, scale, mail, and plate. the various different names generally only designate how they were made. scale armor though, can actually be made of leather or different types of metal (sometimes even wood), as the scale type is more about the base characteristics of the armor type, i.e. it is made of "scales" held together in one fashion or another. it resembles scales on a snake. there have also been stories about some extremely wealthy people making the armor out of coins, which also lends to the ringmail that is popular in fantasy. chinese coins have holes in the centers, and these were threaded together to make armor. there is no historical proof of this, but it certainly is a more than feasible concept, and can easily be lent to just regular rings of metal being threaded together.

as far as names, i think dragonhide is a nice one. i would probably call mail dragonscale. chain probably mythril. pristine i would call adamant. plate, i dont know. laconic maybe?

On my Summoner, every item is named Dave.

Somehow I doubt that's what you're going for. However, recently I've been reading up on DnD because my internet went down for a couple days, and the armor types have tiered names in that...

Cloth -> Feyweave -> Starweave
Leather -> Feyleather -> Starleather
Hide -> Darkhide -> Elderhide
Chainmail -> Forgemail -> Spiritmail
Scale -> Wyrmscale -> Elderscale
Plate -> Warplate -> Godplate

Maybe there's some inspiration in there. Maybe.

Leather - Lolhide
Chain - Roflweave (pronounced Rofful-weev)
Mail - Lulzmail
Plate - Snickerplate
Pristine - Lmaogarb (pronounced Lah-MAY-O-garb)

Leather - Lolhide
Mail - Lulzmail
Plate - Snickerplate

I love this.

Leather - Lolhide
Mail - Lulzmail
Plate - Snickerplate

+1...

I name my things random stuff... atm i'm wearing.. breadsticks, toothpaste, apathy and cottage cheese

x)

I called my Pristine helmets for Pristinity. Don't know why.
Also my gauntlets (I think?) are called Pristenory, still not sure where the idea comes from.

Mine =

Trans - Tower Set
Trans - DPS Set
Supreme - Tower Set
Supreme - DPS Set
Supreme - Mixed Set

Hello my friend :D