Some suggestions by zeus (tell me if you like it or not!)

Howdy, so i finally decided to make a thread about my suggestions as i see some of them being kinda nice and all that... I recently posted some suggestions too, what i'm going to do is repost some of the stuff i said before in this thread and leave it to you guys tell me if it's any good or not, or if it needs a change or suggest something completly different!

Some of these suggestions are related to the future, these are things i would really like to see happening, this game hardly get's old, leaving it be with no more content after eternia shards will be a bummer. :kobold:

Survival Suggestion!
Make a small HUD pop up every wave that reloads the shop with new stuff, so players can see what sort of stuff we see in the tavern while doing survivals.

DLC suggestions!
[QUOTE]1) Looking for a new DLC pack that brings new abilities and towers for each hero;
2) Looking forward to a new DLC pack that brings a different storyline to the plate (possibly the parents/grown up heroes) - i actually think this would work better off as a new game, making things less toonish and more for grown ups;
3) (similiar to 2) Basically a side content release or new game that includes a campaign with new heroes, must start from scratch.
People could still use the old heroes to beat the new maps but it should be required to play actively since start of each map with the new heroes in order to progress further with the campaign (to prevent people from making towers and switch heroes and still progress with the storyline).[/QUOTE]

Tower/Ability DLC pack! (if trendy ever plans on making more DLC after eternia shards...)
[QUOTE]Barbarian - As many people thought this guy would have towers when it was coming out, could go with some towers that buff hero-related stats, except for everyone;

Apprentice - Poisonous tower, shoots poison balls that explode on impact and leave a small gas effect (possible stun or damage overtime);

Apprentice - Magic beam tower, shoots a powerfull beam that pierces X mobs (damage lowers as it pierces them);

Summoner - Djinn summon, does the samething as the ones we have in challenges, perhaps also temporarly buffing random units;

Summoner - Sharken, pushes everything back if used in an agressive stance (good for overlord, send the life of one to save the life of many basically), defensive makes him hit normaly and do the small knockback hit sometimes;

Summoner - Wyverns, basically a flying unit that is meant to be used to sent out as a predator to kill something, same roll as assassins, except flying support;

Squire - floor towers? Towers that could possibly send units flying back or into nearby pits;

Squire - close range powerfull tower, something like a shotgun tower? Shoots many projectiles at once in close range, dealing lots of damage also offering some knockback on mobs.

Squire - arrow wall, u can manipulate this trap similiar to beams. Mobs that step inside both walls get constantly damaged by arrows;

Huntress - ? trap, a trap that shortens enemies stats randomly (health, size, strength, speed, etc);

Huntress - friendship (lol lame) trap, a trap that temporarly sets enemies to our side (perhaps untill trap resets);

Series EV - [insert name here] beam, a beam that has a purpose to remove most of the speed from enemies when they run across it. Basically the speed bonuses mobs get in higher waves will get toned down with this.

Series EV - mirror beam, attracts mobs to the beam and makes them kill themselves overtime (limited to 1 target only perhaps?) or simply make some mobs get close to it and hit each others like the enrage auras;

Series EV - replica beam, a mob runs across this beam and gets a replica of itself that supports the heroes untill it dies;

Monk - repair aura, an aura that keeps towers repaired (people might think this is OP but it really isn't, consider a single aura repairing ~5 towers constantly, it will die pretty quick);

Monk - time aura, enemies that walk in it are frozen in time for a real short time (eg: 3 seconds), buying the heroes sometime if something massive approaches;

Note: Still missing abilities suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Upgrade these towers in order to make them more usefull!
[QUOTE]-Magic Missiles are waste of DU, even if it's the last 3 DU, i would rather put down a proxy over this or an ensnare or anything else like reflects;
-Ethereal spikes are obviously garbage with the single target thingie;
-Enrage auras are pointless since the addition of djinns;
-Healing auras are kinda crap too, too much DU for these aswell and they usually die fast;
-Slice n dice are waste of DU, bouncer is better;
-Deadlies are kinda ok to some extent but they aren't really used anymore;
-Dark traps are useless again;
-Cannon ball towers are pointless as they have the same dps as harpoons, less radius range but more length (hardly gives any air support), and it costs more DU too;
-Series ev zap beams are pointless too, the one that hits fast and the stun beam, i think the stun beam should actually stop sharken when charging;
-Summoner orc is pointless, i would rather have an ogre or archer instead of this silly minion that does almost nothing othar than dieing fast;
-Summoner warrior is also sort of pointless right now, i kinda like this minion but... it's way too high DU and i rarelly send minions into battle... (this makes ranged minions better in so many aspects, ogres can do ranged and tank).[/QUOTE]

Final wave rewards on eternia shard maps!
[QUOTE]I agree, each of the shard maps should give something different rather than a giraffe on final wave.
I know they already do give something new on w15 and w20, but final wave reward should be something new imo.

Suggestions:
Perhaps a skeleton in a treadmill for mistymire, boosts specifically hero stats/resists while lowering tower stats, perhaps make it a close range dps pet too. Or make a spider pet, shoots webs that slow down enemies.

For moraggo, a camel in a treadmill. Boosts everything equally, basically a giraffe but with less chances of getting negatives. Or make a magic lamp pet, it traps weak djinns in the lamp and releases them shortly after as a friendly djinn that helps the team.

For aquanos, a kobold in a treadmill. Boosts towers, lowers hero stats, explodes each time player gets damaged, dealing massive damage in a certain radius, slow fire rate. Or a sharken in a treadmill, samething except that the sharken charges at enemies when within a certain range, pushing them back and perhaps stunning them for a few seconds. Or a fish wyvern, does massive elemental damage, shoots slowly.[/QUOTE]

Jester Hero suggestions!
[QUOTE]I do agree that it needs to be a tower based hero or hybrid, though i don't really like these towers suggestions...
The towers need to be something unpredictable, like dropping a box that randomly opens and does something random (heals friendlies, heals enemies, damages enemies, damages friends, instant kill enemies nearby, stun enemies, slow enemies, freeze enemies).
THIS is how a jester should work, it shouldn't be something that simple honestly.

For the hero abilities, they are reasonable i say, for the dps side but we need to think of builders too...

More tower ideas:

offensive gift box: something that damages enemies randomly, like make the dps be all random too instead of stable

defensive gift box: does the opposite of the offensive gift box (works on allies and towers)

(as mentioned above) random gift box: does a wide variety of things to enemies or players randomly in a bigger scale

teleportation gift box: drop boxes around the map for fast teleportation method (perhaps make the end location random)

jester-in-a-box: randomly shoots elemental 360 beams with side effects at enemies that are nearby (poison stuns, lightning slows down[?], fire sets enemies on fear[?]), perhaps make it build under the floor so it's one of those in front of the line defenses that works fine on special mobs.[/QUOTE]

So tell me, what do you think about these suggestions?

PS: The way i posted them is in an order of interest (top = more interest, bottom = less interest).

EDIT: More Suggestions.

New difficulty setting!
Something that let's players pick a wide variety of options, like a custom difficulty setting.

Anti kick abuse system
A new system that forces towers to be automatically destroyed if a host kicks a builder. If builder leaves, then they will remain. This will prevent from certain people to abuse of higher stat players in order to get loot and mana just for themselves, selfish people should get something like this as a punishment.

New kick system
Basically a system that lets hosts instantly kick people that just joined, incase they stay around for long enough before something big comes (eg: pet reward wave, some hosts kick players before endwave, not cool!). If they were around for 1 complete wave (spectating doesnt count), then the system converts into a voting menu where all players must either accept the kick or not, majority would cause the final action.
With this, we could prevent alot of the abusing going on right now, i'm not saying people do this all the time but i have been through this and many more things, it's just redicolous when stuff like this happens!
Instant kick = recent joiners
Voting menu = after 1 complete wave while being active, requires at least 3 players to start it.

Rewards/income chest!
Basically a chest in every map, all drops are sent to that one chest, in the end of each wave people may loot it. Chest should contain all of the drops (or most of them), should display the total amount of mana from current loot inside the chest and it should have a notification system inside it that lets everyone see what was taken and what wasn't.
This will likely put an end to looters that join midwave and leave after looting a ****d of items in a path, not only that it will also organize things alot more and perhaps give players an equal chance to see everything.

Rewards/income chest!
Basically a chest in every map, all drops are sent to that one chest, in the end of each wave people may loot it. Chest should contain all of the drops (or most of them), should display the total amount of mana from current loot inside the chest and it should have a notification system inside it that lets everyone see what was taken and what wasn't.
This will likely put an end to looters that join midwave and leave after looting a ****d of items in a path, not only that it will also organize things alot more and perhaps give players an equal chance to see everything.

That'll make everything worse. If someone is near the chest, they'll have a chance to take everything good before others can get there. A suggestion I've seen before, make everyone have their own separate loot drops, that can't be seen or taken by others.

I am never, repeat never going to be in favor of an anti-kick...

WE already have one...it is called HOST!

Guess what? If the host gets out voted, he can still leave and thereby boot everyone..

Guess what? Your method will just cause troublemakers to travel in packs....all it takes is one other bonehead and it is deadlocked....

The fix is already out there....

HOST!!!

I am never, repeat never going to be in favor of an anti-kick...

WE already have one...it is called HOST!

Guess what? If the host gets out voted, he can still leave and thereby boot everyone..

Guess what? Your method will just cause troublemakers to travel in packs....all it takes is one other bonehead and it is deadlocked....

The fix is already out there....

HOST!!!

So i'm guessing you are one of those hosts who abuses the kicking system in so many ways by saying that?

Honestly, it would do better that way than the way it is right now. 80% of the hosts who are running public games on ranked are trigger happy when it comes to kicking people with no reasons, even when they say something like "2m+ dps, good resists" or "need builder for survival" or even "need help pet farming nmhc".

To throw in at your face, last 2 weeks i have been kicked out 3 times from a game along with other people because the host is a selfish prick. Two times were on karithiki (normal campaign and one survival) and another time from aquanos, all of these times i was building myself (except for the campaign one, which were 2 active builders).

Now tell me, why would i accept the fact that a builder gets insta kicked when hosts sees that the build will last for some waves on its own. This is like making a bait for high end builders to build for noobs and they abuse of this stuff most of the time.

Survival Suggestion!
Make a small HUD pop up every wave that reloads the shop with new stuff, so players can see what sort of stuff we see in the tavern while doing survivals.

like, butdoesnt the tavern reset every 5 waves?

Anti kick abuse system
A new system that forces towers to be automatically destroyed if a host kicks a builder. If builder leaves, then they will remain. This will prevent from certain people to abuse of higher stat players in order to get loot and mana just for themselves, selfish people should get something like this as a punishment.

New kick system
Basically a system that lets hosts instantly kick people that just joined, incase they stay around for long enough before something big comes (eg: pet reward wave, some hosts kick players before endwave, not cool!). If they were around for 1 complete wave (spectating doesnt count), then the system converts into a voting menu where all players must either accept the kick or not, majority would cause the final action.
With this, we could prevent alot of the abusing going on right now, i'm not saying people do this all the time but i have been through this and many more things, it's just redicolous when stuff like this happens!
Instant kick = recent joiners
Voting menu = after 1 complete wave while being active, requires at least 3 players to start it.

uh... what?

apathetic towards/dislike the rest

Lumping ideas together should mean that if someone doesn't like one, then all the others go in the trash too. There is a reason to do one post for each idea. Sure you'll be making a lot of posts, but when you bunch them up, you are trying for an all or nothing approach.

As for the ideas I peeked at:

Ability to check tavernkeeper when he updates his goods, probably should only be in between games. So you don't have to return to tavern after campaign rounds. Or if you click to restart when your cyrstal is destroyed during survivals. But it shouldn't be in between waves.

Some of the tower ideas might be nice, but might head towards the ui complications that trendy has said make a mess. They have tried to keep it simple for most of the game. It's a good plan. Doesn't mean that the ideas are all bad, just that they might over complicate things rather then provide any distinct advantages or improvements.

With the jester being worked on, maybe some things need to be questioned to determine if they will be a fun new hero. Can't really put up suggestions for it though as we don't know what the Jester will have by design already.

The anti-kick abuse idea is kind of nice. Kick a player and their towers go away too. If a person is building badly, you want their towers gone anyway. It will cause trouble for the people that kick without knowing anything, but they should be encouraged to learn. While some people might complain about this, it really isn't a bad idea. It isn't the best, but it probably works better then many other ideas. This should definitely get it's own thread, or of course, search first because I think it was listed somewhere in the many previous suggestions.

The new kick system idea has had some of it's points previously suggested, many times. It always comes down to the fact that you can not get 4 people to vote the same way and thus will pretty frequently lead to not being useful. A counter to making a vote kick is that if you kick a player before reward, then the reward is lessened and the player gets a parting package. If the host has to give up some mana and/or get a lesser reward because they kicked people before the reward round, then they would do it less. Just remember that votes do not work, and there aren't enough players to make a majority system work.

Income chests have come up before, though they haven't been exactly named. If they share all the income, then yeah, most waves will have at least one person standing right where that chest will come up. If each person gets their fair share, then why bother with a chest. Just send it to the person. If some of the items are set up on a need greed roll system, then maybe it's necessary, but again, you could just pop up the need greed roll instead of the chest. The actual chest isn't really needed, just a way to get a bit better reward if you actually get through the wave.

Nice post JHarlequin!

[QUOTE]The new kick system idea has had some of it's points previously suggested, many times. It always comes down to the fact that you can not get 4 people to vote the same way and thus will pretty frequently lead to not being useful. A counter to making a vote kick is that if you kick a player before reward, then the reward is lessened and the player gets a parting package. If the host has to give up some mana and/or get a lesser reward because they kicked people before the reward round, then they would do it less. Just remember that votes do not work, and there aren't enough players to make a majority system work.[/QUOTE]

I still kinda disagree here. Look at co-op games such as left for dead, they use a system like that and it works fine. Only difference is that hosts could still instantly kick recent joiners. Minimum amount of players needed to use the voting system would be 3, maps support a minimum of 4 players so it should be fine.
If hosts want to get rid of long-term players that much they can just restart the server or nicely ask people to leave and put server in hide mode.

Don't get me wrong i'm suggesting this stuff because i'm tired of seeing hosts abusing just about everything in this game, and it pisses me off sometimes. It's like half of the nightmare runs being held publicly are hosted by haters or something.

If you want to ellaborate a better suggestion in a separate thread of that anti-kick abuse thingie, go ahead, i don't mind if you use mine as a base! :mecha:

So i'm guessing you are one of those hosts who abuses the kicking system in so many ways by saying that?

Honestly, it would do better that way than the way it is right now. 80% of the hosts who are running public games on ranked are trigger happy when it comes to kicking people with no reasons, even when they say something like "2m+ dps, good resists" or "need builder for survival" or even "need help pet farming nmhc".

To throw in at your face, last 2 weeks i have been kicked out 3 times from a game along with other people because the host is a selfish prick. Two times were on karithiki (normal campaign and one survival) and another time from aquanos, all of these times i was building myself (except for the campaign one, which were 2 active builders).

Now tell me, why would i accept the fact that a builder gets insta kicked when hosts sees that the build will last for some waves on its own. This is like making a bait for high end builders to build for noobs and they abuse of this stuff most of the time.

First, you know what assumption does...

Secondly, I am one of those people who hops in to rooms where people need help, befriend them, take them to my tavern so that they can play the DLC they don't have. I also let them loot any and everything they want. They can swap any number of jobs they deem to capitalize on xp. If they choose to loot and allow a lane to go down instead of repairing it, I wait until we have lost the match and then I don't help them again. If they aren't smart enough to help themselves, no amount of my help will ever change that...

Now, if you think you have thrown anything in my face except your ignorance, you are mistaken---all you have done is continue to reinforce my statement.

It would not have happened to you if you had hosted...

You got kicked not because of some p-rick host, you got kicked because you refused to be a generous host. Had you hosted, you would never have been in that game and never have been kicked.

Hey, if you can't sack up and host yourself to insure fairness, why do you expect others to?

Now, to throw it in your face, I haven't been kicked from a game...ever.

Maybe you are the problem...

Why would you build for another when you can build yourself and then screen the applicants?

Somehow i missed this post...

Well 'cause i want to play with people sometimes and i can't host. My connection is too laggy when hosting in DD.

@m038@

Please leave my thread at once, i don't want to speak with clueless people like yourself. Though i'll throw in a tip for you, don't classify everyone in this community to be like you in the end. I have my own ways of being a nice host and i don't abuse stuff like many do.

And nope, i'm not the problem, ok thanks bye!

Some suggestions by zeus (tell me if you like it or not!)

Uh. Did you or did you not post that?
Is that or is it not the title of the thread?
Ever heard the lines "don't ask me what I think of you I might not give the answer that you want me to"?

YOU asked, I told..
However, I did not ask you and you told anyway...

I haven't classified anyone in this community, you are the one who seems to be doing that based on whether or not they stroke your ego....Not here, not me...

To answer your question...

I don't like it and I'm not the only one... If you can suggest the game be changed, then I can make the argument the game doesn't need to be...

I wasn't aware you owned the forums...

I don't agree with slicers and darkness traps. Slicers act as a magnet to every single wyvern and no other wall is capable of attracting them to such a degree. Darkness traps also greatly reduce the amount of damage taken by walls by resetting an ogre's attack priority. Although the damage does need boosting on a slicer since you can't boost it's attack speed.

"Anti kick abuse system
A new system that forces towers to be automatically destroyed if a host kicks a builder. If builder leaves, then they will remain. This will prevent from certain people to abuse of higher stat players in order to get loot and mana just for themselves, selfish people should get something like this as a punishment."

I honestly believe this is a bad idea. I've had people in my games who have helped build with a certain class while I built with another class. Then they decide that they deserve all of the loot so they go and pick up literally 20 items off the floor. That's the only time they get removed from my rooms and to be honest if someone gets kicked it's a shame but they should of known better. If you are solo building for a map then you may as well just host your own game.

"If they were around for 1 complete wave (spectating doesnt count), then the system converts into a voting menu where all players must either accept the kick or not, majority would cause the final action."

I've had hackers in my room which people complain when I remove them. 8/10 of the people I play with want to keep hackers in the room and I don't look at peoples gear until the wave is over.

"1) Looking for a new DLC pack that brings new abilities and towers for each hero;"

The game is well balanced at the moment. This would make the select percentile who have the DLC much more powerful which would result in unfair game play and you would lose a lot of new players.

Tower/Ability DLC pack! (if trendy ever plans on making more DLC after eternia shards...)

Read above.

Upgrade these towers in order to make them more usefull!

The towers are fine.

Final wave rewards on eternia shard maps!

Yet again a bad idea. If these were rewarded they should be put as challenge rewards.