Secret Contents ?

The 4 parents as unlockable characters. Special bonus stats when equipped with their weapons from secret room in tavern.

*crosses fingers*

The secret content's been speculated around the forums since Moraggo came out.

The core of the speculation is around the special crystalline dimension we saw the parents in during the original trailer - if you've beaten the Genie King (and paid attention to the cutscene) there are some conclusions to be drawn.

Anyways, my expectation lies along these lines -

Once you've beaten all 4 shards maps, another stage will unlock in the crystalline world. Will have some sort of epic final boss, and the reward will probably be the parents as costumes.

Speculation can always be wrong, of course. But a recent minor change in DDDK that I haven't told anybody about confirms some of my suspicions. Trendy appear to have accidentally left something in when they updated DD to 7.37 - just a package name that doesn't compile, really. Anybody that has DDDK should load it up and pay attention to the console that pops up when you rebuild the scripts.

@Trendy: If you leaked that in DDDK on purpose, it's kinda getting annoying that I'm getting "Scripts are outdated" every time I load it up because it's looking for a package that doesn't exist. If it's not on purpose...

[QUOTE]
@Trendy: If you leaked that in DDDK on purpose, it's kinda getting annoying that I'm getting "Scripts are outdated" every time I load it up because it's looking for a package that doesn't exist. If it's not on purpose... [/QUOTE]You're getting scripts are outdated because of DunDefSpider.u which keeps getting messed with or something when you launch the game. Watch the script compile window and you'll see it generates an error and aborts the compile. If you verify your game cache, the message will go away until the next time you launch the game. It's just a bug.

It has nothing to do with any "secret stuff", which you're only seeing because it's in the asset database. The actual packages are not present. This won't generate scripts are outdated errors.

Why did speculation on upcoming content get moved to the modding forum?

No idea :) I did post on patch notes anyway :skeleton:

You're getting scripts are outdated because of DunDefSpider.u which keeps getting messed with or something when you launch the game. Watch the script compile window and you'll see it generates an error and aborts the compile. If you verify your game cache, the message will go away until the next time you launch the game. It's just a bug.

It has nothing to do with any "secret stuff", which you're only seeing because it's in the asset database. The actual packages are not present. This won't generate scripts are outdated errors.

You didn't see what I'm talking about, so I took time to take a screenshot, outline it, and PM it to you. Enjoy.

Thank you, but that was unnecessary. Like I said, it has nothing to do with the 'scripts are outdated' message or the errors.

And this thread was moved because it has nothing to do with patch notes and has more to do with the DDDK than anything else.

Ah, misinterpreted what you were saying, sorry. Though, verifying my steam cache doesn't stop the message. I know I can skip it anyways for now.

Still, this is the first time in a long while that new content is getting an entire package to itself. Most of the DLC content to date is part of the DunDefSpecial package. But the secret content is apparently significant enough to have its own package, either because Trendy want it to be seen, or because it actually will be a major new feature in some form.

And this thread was moved because it has nothing to do with patch notes and has more to do with the DDDK than anything else.

well, in "Upcoming patch notes" mentioned ( Secret contents) so it it related :)
keep the thread moving around the forum :ogre:

Again this is being moved back to where it was originally.

This is a reminder to all that you must stay on topic. This isn't about modding discussion, this is about discussing "Secret Contents" in the patch notes. If you want to discuss modding, go to that forum.

/moved

I'm guessing the secret content is... Jurassic Park mobs and skins. As a reward to some_guy being... some guy.

:-)

I think you might be right. Behind the big tv in your room in the tavern, there's written on the wall, saying: "Dont trust the Tavern Keeper."

The 4 parents as unlockable characters. Special bonus stats when equipped with their weapons from secret room in tavern.

*crosses fingers*

I have all the parents stuff in the secret room...I dunno why I never got rid of the stuff, that would be epic^

Am I the only one who thinks the 'secret contents' they are referring to are the obvious extra level and boss rush mode that the achievements panel and dundef digest have both already made completely obvious?

It'd be nice if it was the loot filter we USED to hear about being in the works. Complete with custom color filters with all the current colors usages mapped. I.e. if we dont want to see myths in their own color anymore, unmap it from the filter and map that color to something more like 'myth, min 150 upgrades, min 250 stat'. With more detail, obviously. Something as epic as promised.

Too bad we can all doubt that's what the surprise is.. :(

Hitmonchan is going to be the true final boss of the game and you'll get a Desert Eagle huntress weapon for defeating him.

You are already dead.