Wanting to install custom maps.

Hi folks,

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this.

I see all the custom maps that get made (Mythic Farming, Sunset Bridge, etc) and I really like them. Problem is, some of them take forever to load if I try to jump in on a game where they're being played. That sucks. How can I load it onto my DD game and be able to play it?

Also, when DD gets a version update, all the custom maps I have disappear! How do I prevent this from happening?

You'll need the cooked .upk file for the map you want to play. These can be found on the nexus for the most part.

To install it, you have to put it in the "steam/steamapps/common/dungeon defenders/UDKGame/CookedMods directory on your PC.

This will change once steam workshop is integrated and become much easier to search and install mods and maps.

Also, to prevent loss of custom maps, keep them in a separate folder in your documents, then copy and paste back into the directory as needed.

-ant

All of the contest maps are available in the map download thread. Just download the whole pack of them and place them in C:\program files (x86)\steam/steamapps/common/dungeon defenders/UDKGame/CookedMods.

[QUOTE]
Also, when DD gets a version update, all the custom maps I have disappear! How do I prevent this from happening? [/QUOTE]It shouldn't happen if you're using maps you downloaded outside the game.

I did find them, but they keep disappearing from the CookedMods File after I install them. Any advice?
That can happen if the person you're connecting to has a different version of a map than you. If you know the other person, advise them to redownload it.

Also be sure the game isn't running when you place the maps.

That can happen if the person you're connecting to has a different version of a map than you. If you know the other person, advise them to redownload it.

Also be sure the game isn't running when you place the maps.

They disappear from the CookedMods file on my computer. I'm certain that shouldn't happen. And I mean ALL the files, not just the one for the map where I have a different version than the one I'm trying to play.

They disappear from the CookedMods file on my computer. I'm certain that shouldn't happen. And I mean ALL the files, not just the one for the map where I have a different version than the one I'm trying to play.
No, that is what happens. Silly, I know, but it is what it is (this should be addressed when Steam Workshop support is released). If the files are disappearing the moment you put them in the folder, then you have a real problem- perhaps the folder is set to read only or you need to do it as an administrator.

Put the files in the directory, go on local mode and check for the maps at the bottom of the challenges list. If the maps are there, then I'm almost 100% certain it's a version mismatch causing your problem.