Regarding "Custom Mission"

So when I'm on Open, there's a lot of these Custom Mission things up there. Some are cool, some not.

Which thread/discussion do I go to in order to further discuss these things?

Someone from Trendy once explaind it as a server having JUST closed or something, so the room shows up, but it's not loading a mission because the room was closed while it was loading.

If you've ever successfully joined one, and it wasn't a normal game, then there's a problem. I do give it a shot every now and then just to see, but it's never worked, so I'm thinking it's nothing to worry about.

Someone from Trendy once explaind it as a server having JUST closed or something, so the room shows up, but it's not loading a mission because the room was closed while it was loading.

If you've ever successfully joined one, and it wasn't a normal game, then there's a problem. I do give it a shot every now and then just to see, but it's never worked, so I'm thinking it's nothing to worry about.

on open it means a custom map i believe... if you enter it then the map will start downloading (if you have the map already its name would be displayed instead of 'custom mission')

on open it means a custom map i believe... if you enter it then the map will start downloading (if you have the map already its name would be displayed instead of 'custom mission')

Yeah, 'custom' missions or levels shouldn't be showing in ranked. User created content is confined to local and open play.

Just like mods in other online games like CS or UT, the custom content will download typically from the host if you do not have it already.

Keep a look out for the Steam Workshop integration coming soon guys, all the mods/custom maps will be available for download there I imagine.

-ant

the custom on ranked thing is just a small glitch when a game was just opening/ending as you recieved the game list. it's not in any way ever possible to play custom maps on ranked. You'll notice the host hero is always level 0 with a question mark icon.