1.7 BILLION DPS! / Nerf Piercing?

I see a lot of crying about this requested nerf, but not one other person has stated facts behind their post.

All of you say "keep the damage" and know that it's terribly OP, but not one of you can justify it.

Agreed,if you going to make a claim. Be sure you can back yourself up,if you dont you just look like a fool. PS it wasy OP and I would be more than happy for a nerf. Either on the cool down,damage itself or both.
well if you take the 700k damage piercing shot at 1 SPS its 700k dps

so at 1 every 4 seconds it turns out around 200k DPS so there is a big difference
Something like that is what Im hoping for if they ever do decide to nerf ps.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that it falls on deaf ears, it's that you have nothing to justify your opinion with.

I'm happy to listen to anyone who can justify PS remaining the way it is.

It's not that it falls on deaf ears, it's that you have nothing to justify your opinion with.

I'm happy to listen to anyone who can justify PS remaining the way it is.
*sarcasm voice* Because it's the only thing I use on bosses, and I'm not good at the game so I have to use an overpowered ability to succeed in Dungeon Defenders!

No offense my brotha, but when you say that using an ability that is clearly part of the game makes you no good, you are being a bit ignorant. That is like saying, I don't use overcharge so I am the best apprentice ever!! It doesn't really make sense. The way you are acting toward the people that like to use the huntress and her abilities goes against the whole purpose of the community, which is to bring people together and make a fun environment for all. So quit trying to make people feel bad for using a part of the game!

No offense my brotha, but when you say that using an ability that is clearly part of the game makes you no good, you are being a bit ignorant. That is like saying, I don't use overcharge so I am the best apprentice ever!! It doesn't really make sense. The way you are acting toward the people that like to use the huntress and her abilities goes against the whole purpose of the community, which is to bring people together and make a fun environment for all. So quit trying to make people feel bad for using a part of the game!
No offense my brotha but your not my brotha and I'm not trying to start a conflict here I have nothing against people who use the DPS huntress I'm just agreeing that the ability is very OP and need's a 4 second cool down that is all!

I remember somewhere hitmonchan saying he would not touch console PS. But i think it does need a nerf. I take out ogre's with PS.
Yea he only said that so noobs don't cry about it! lol jk

Show me proof of 1.8 Bil DPS ?? Picture Please

and just to add thats not modded because thats impossible i dont think he realises how big a billion is -.-

and just to add thats not modded because thats impossible i dont think he realises how big a billion is -.-

I spoke with DeathDealer and he made a mistake with his number placement. He meant 17mil DPS. Still that is way too much.

I spoke with DeathDealer and he made a mistake with his number placement. He meant 17mil DPS. Still that is way too much.
Your right even my dps character on PC doesn't do 17 mil DPS!

This will bring about a good change as those who are new won't see much of a change damage wise, it'll only affect late end game.

No, it doesn't affect only late end game. It's exactly the opposite. In the late end game you'll have a 500k PS or even more, ok. So, if you put like a 5sec cooldown it will drecrease to 100k dps. The point is, we are only talking about the dps from PS. This guy doing 17mill dps wouldn't even notice the nerfed. His damage would decrease drastically but he would be doing something like 500k a bullet? Well, this still killing ogers in less then a sec. But if we are talking about people who just started, this would do such a huge difference. Theirs 10~20k PS would be nerfed to a 2,5~5k PS and they don't have a high base damage to kill the rest of the mobs. So yes, it will only affect who is starting.
(I agree with you it does need a nerf, but not know.)

I made a mistake while looking at the DPS,I didnt believe it myself when I first saw it. But I edited my post 2 days ago correcting that mistake so lets try reading things next time. I was actually hitting 17mil dps DPS WITH monk boost.

PS does need a nerf,like Capt said. It can be used to take out ogres in 1-2 shots. Wheres the fun in that? This game needs a challenge,not an express pass to becoming OP. If you go into any boss fight,you see his health drop in chunks every time a PS is used. I would like to see less damage and a longer cool down to prevent the summit boss from being destroyed in 1 landing.

No, it doesn't affect only late end game. It's exactly the opposite. In the late end game you'll have a 500k PS or even more, ok. So, if you put like a 5sec cooldown it will drecrease to 100k dps. The point is, we are only talking about the dps from PS. This guy doing 17mill dps wouldn't even notice the nerfed. His damage would decrease drastically but he would be doing something like 500k a bullet? Well, this still killing ogers in less then a sec. But if we are talking about people who just started, this would do such a huge difference. Theirs 10~20k PS would be nerfed to a 2,5~5k PS and they don't have a high base damage to kill the rest of the mobs. So yes, it will only affect who is starting.
(I agree with you it does need a nerf, but not know.)

Whilst you have a good point, let's look at it again.

PS has no negatives to it. High damage, infinite piercing and 1 second cool down.

Mana bomb, which does considerably less damage has well, less damage, 60 second cool down and high cost.

Circular slice is the same, considerably less damage and high cool down.

PS needs to be brought into line with PC with a 5 second cool down, even the lower ranks aren't going to notice this, as no one just runs around spamming PS all the time. If you do, well, lol.

There is nothing negative about PS, that is evidence enough for a change.

I never use PS with my huntress, I just up grade my element damage instead LOL JK
but I wonder how strong something like that would be?

I never use PS with my huntress, I just up grade my element damage instead LOL JK
but I wonder how strong something like that would be?

Elemental damage doesn't affect PS at all ;)

ehh i think its pointless to nerf. How bout the apprentice? Whats the highest dps someone has with monk boost? Its prolly somewhat close with a 200^ morrago weap... You guys will be complaining when the new insane+ mode comes out and cant spam PS. I havent used my huntress for dps since the patch which is why I can care less about the PS nerf or no nerf. I say leave it be itll help the noobs starting out and when your not a noob you prolly wont spam it anyway ya know?

ehh i think its pointless to nerf. How bout the apprentice? Whats the highest dps someone has with monk boost? Its prolly somewhat close with a 200^ morrago weap... You guys will be complaining when the new insane+ mode comes out and cant spam PS. I havent used my huntress for dps since the patch which is why I can care less about the PS nerf or no nerf. I say leave it be itll help the noobs starting out and when your not a noob you prolly wont spam it anyway ya know?
I have a 201^ oculus that does 1.9mil dps and 3.1dps with monk boost. But his isnt the tread for that. If you would like to discuss the apprentice go to this thread:
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?67838-Mana-Bomb-Buff

we dont all hit that and your using a monk to boost you. if you dont like the piercing shots damage then dont use it. if the piercing shot, an ability that can only be used once a second that can hit for like 200k+ a sec, needs to be nerfed then shouldnt a staff that hits 600k+ a second without a boost be nerfed? the game is good as it is stop trying to get stuff that isnt broken taken away and ruin us because your good. O.o

Whilst you have a good point, let's look at it again.

PS has no negatives to it. High damage, infinite piercing and 1 second cool down.

Mana bomb, which does considerably less damage has well, less damage, 60 second cool down and high cost.

Circular slice is the same, considerably less damage and high cool down.

PS needs to be brought into line with PC with a 5 second cool down, even the lower ranks aren't going to notice this, as no one just runs around spamming PS all the time. If you do, well, lol.

There is nothing negative about PS, that is evidence enough for a change.

In fact PS has no negatives but what about invisibility? Lets take a look. Circular slice is kinda useless, but what about blood rage? And yes, mana bomb is useless just like overcharge but seriously, app doesnt need mana bomb nor overcharge at all. App does a dmg area so when they are attacking, they arent attacking a single opponent, as a huntress, they are attacking a whole mob. Thats why I believe people isnt complaining about buffing mana bomb.
And again I agree with you PS it OP but I dont believe that it should be nerfed at this moment.

In fact PS has no negatives but what about invisibility? Lets take a look. Circular slice is kinda useless, but what about blood rage? And yes, mana bomb is useless just like overcharge but seriously, app doesnt need mana bomb nor overcharge at all. App does a dmg area so when they are attacking, they arent attacking a single opponent, as a huntress, they are attacking a whole mob. Thats why I believe people isnt complaining about buffing mana bomb.
And again I agree with you PS it OP but I dont believe that it should be nerfed at this moment.

I would lile to disagree overcharge is useful i use it all the time it helps me repair at a faster rate so i may move around the map more easily with out worry of defense going down in my opinipn anyways

Agree.. I use overcharge alllloooooottt.. It's one of the main reasons I switched from DPS huntress to a DPS mage

I know, I do use too but i'm talking about damage. Since overcharge doesnt do any damage, I said it was useless. And yes, invisibility as usefull too if you are playing monster fest or mistymire.

If this game waa meant to just attack we would have no use for towers period then cause everything do is made to kill think about it useless things are things you won't use if you use it it isn't useless understand that invis and overchargr are essentials in playing in my opinion for me by the last wave half or more of my stuff would go down but these are perfect the way they are just depends on you use it though