1.7 BILLION DPS! / Nerf Piercing?

Hey classic, may I ask what the Soda Addiction incident was? I haven't heard anything negative about the Soda.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing this game far longer than 99% of the people that come here, and it has given me the unique opportunity to see ALL of the balancing changes TE have made to this game.

aye...aye...:monk: was there with you bud.

aye...aye...:monk: was there with you bud.

Hence my 99% :)

Hey classic, may I ask what the Soda Addiction incident was? I haven't heard anything negative about the Soda.

The Soda incident was when it was introduced in game. It gave up to 4x the damage of any other weapon that you could obtain already and made it severely OP, made the game trivial.

Surprised that you asked, as they are still highly asked for.

Clearly and not everyone has one. If yours does too much heres a simple solution don't use it use something that doesn't. Don't penalize the ones who don't have the "Uber" weapons.

What? I don't think you listened to a word I said.

PS is OP on every level, even the people starting. It has a 1 second cool down. It needs a 5 second cool down, like PC (hey console players, I know we all want to be like PC, until it brings us more into line with balance *can't wait to hear the crying about this post*) and reduce the scaling on it.

This will bring about a good change as those who are new won't see much of a change damage wise, it'll only affect late end game.

PS is OP on every level, even the people starting. It has a 1 second cool down. It needs a 5 second cool down, like PC (hey console players, I know we all want to be like PC, until it brings us more into line with balance *can't wait to hear the crying about this post*) and reduce the scaling on it.

This will bring about a good change as those who are new won't see much of a change damage wise, it'll only affect late end game.
I also don't think that the "Almighty Kings" that have their 100+^ weapons consider what us lowly "Pawns" with our barely 50^ weapons do with our piercing shots compared to theirs. If they are complaining that it is overpowered switch weapons. Plain.Simple.

DO understand that some people just put a Genie on and have at it all through the game seen it and don't play with those people.Wheres the challenge?

5 second cool down can agree with that fully but the damage "Nerf" no way. Heck even a 10 second cool down wouldn't bother me if the damage stays the same.

I also don't think that the "Almighty Kings" that have their 100+^ weapons consider what us lowly "Pawns" with our barely 50^ weapons do with our piercing shots compared to theirs. If they are complaining that it is overpowered switch weapons. Plain.Simple.

DO understand that some people just put a Genie on and have at it all through the game seen it and don't play with those people.Wheres the challenge?

5 second cool down can agree with that fully but the damage "Nerf" no way. Heck even a 10 second cool down wouldn't bother me if the damage stays the same.

Dude.

Please read what I said again, and pay particular attention to what I said, I even bolded it for you.

Besides, even 50^ weapons are still better than pre-patch. Still rendering them OP.

When playing morrago or aqaunos I dont think 50 upgrades is OP

Well that is your opinion, and mine is different. Anyways it is what it is.

I began to play this game after the 83 patch and morrago and misty had already been in play for a while. I didn't start until after people were pulling in awesome shai huluds and such lol! Thanks for the info on the Soda though!

No one ever even NEEDS these weapons. The game is easy, too easy. I just hope that the new difficulty shoves these words back down my throat. (; As for PS, Classic is too right. Not only can PS clear lanes, it can almost double your dps for most weapons. Sounds a bit...... unnecessary?

Who said I don't like all characters in the game? An awfully big assumption there.

Guess this thread really just proves my point. This community is all about making it easier rather than harder and more properly balanced. Oh well, nothing you can do about people who want wins handed to them rather than earning it.

Just reminds me of the Soda's Addiction incident. Sad really.

I still have no idea what your huntress with 13k PS has to do with this, clearly this "nerf" we are talking about is for high end weapons etc.

Did you even read my post?

My low level Shai makes the game harder it is a simple thing, but you do not understand why I included my Shai in the post?

So what you are saying is the nerf will only effect high level wepons, that is not true and you know it. The only way to get high powered wepons out of the game is a reduction in upgrades, does everyone want that?

Your remark about easy wins makes no sense as I finished all levels on Insane upto MM pre patch. I will not play the game on MD and Aquanos until they are fixed as I have already lost my game save once.

Did you even read my post?

My low level Shai makes the game harder it is a simple thing, but you do not understand why I included my Shai in the post?

So what you saying is the nerf will only effect high level wepons, that is not true and you know it. The only way to get high powered wepons out of the game is a reduction in upgrades, does everyone want that?

Your remark about easy wins makes no sense as I finished all levels on Insane upto MM pre patch. I will not play the game on MD and Aquanos until they are fixed as I have already lost my game save once.

To be completely honest, I did read your post up until you said "but unlike you I like all characters in the game" that's where you lost credibility with me, as simply I was playing huntress before you even knew what one was in this game. I don't mean to offend, sorry if I have.

That aside you have brought up a good and very valid point, however I have already discussed how to fix this.

Scaling.

Tone it down TE. Tone it way down. There is absolutely no need to have an ability that can clear lanes that even have ogres in them. My suggestion is to tone it down to where PS scales terribly past 50k. Now I know most of you will cry about that, but realistically, it's an ability. Not a secondary attack. And please add a 5 second cool down.

What do we all think? Take into consideration Circular Slice and Mana Bomb.

To be completely honest, I did read your post up until you said "but unlike you I like all characters in the game" that's where you lost credibility with me, as simply I was playing huntress before you even knew what one was in this game. I don't mean to offend, sorry if I have.

That aside you have brought up a good and very valid point, however I have already discussed how to fix this.

Scaling.

Tone it down TE. Tone it way down. There is absolutely no need to have an ability that can clear lanes that even have ogres in them. My suggestion is to tone it down to where PS scales terribly past 50k. Now I know most of you will cry about that, but realistically, it's an ability. Not a secondary attack. And please add a 5 second cool down.

You forgot hero boost! :P lol

You forgot hero boost! :P lol

No I didn't. Hero boost is a damage multiplier, the other 3 are damage output.

Meh, it is way over powered if you spam it and have good enough stats. Maybe do what they did on PC and add a cooldown or something. It is pretty useful though, especially against bosses :D

tone it down to where PS scales terribly past 50k. Now I know most of you will cry about that, but realistically, it's an ability. Not a secondary attack. And please add a 5 second cool down.

Thank you,finally someone on this forum who isnt crying about nerfing but wants it to happen. Even for you low levels weapons with even 30+ upgrades are still better than pre patch. And prepatch wasnt that big of a challenge. Now the game has become FAR to easy,between the towers and the DPS we put out. Particularly with the huntress. The PS needs a good ners on its cool down and damage.

Im making another thread on circular slice and mana bomb and will post the links below:
>>>Circular Slice Thread<<<
>>>Mana Bomb Thread<<<

Just my humble opinion as a regular player, but it seems that this post is getting a little heated and that is not what this community is supposed to be about. I think we should close this thread, agree that everyone has their own opinion and it is up to TE to make whatever changes that they feel are necessary to make the game more fun/challenging for the faithful players! There is no need for this thread anymore!

*quote deleted*

I agree with classic on this one. The piercing shot should be nerfed. Also, the cool down shoul dbe at least 15 seconds and maybe even 20-30 seconds. Think about it, monks have a 20 sec cooldown if they run out of money. THe squire does as well. Neither of them can keep going for ever simply by equiping a genie. However, the huntress can. I have a high level shai that I don't use because it is basically to overpowering. It makes it to easy when you can solo ogre crush on insane with 4 people and be the only one to do any killing.

I agree with classic on this one. The piercing shot should be nerfed. Also, the cool down shoul dbe at least 15 seconds and maybe even 20-30 seconds. Think about it, monks have a 20 sec cooldown if they run out of money. THe squire does as well. Neither of them can keep going for ever simply by equiping a genie. However, the huntress can. I have a high level shai that I don't use because it is basically to overpowering. It makes it to easy when you can solo ogre crush on insane with 4 people and be the only one to do any killing.
I'm not saying it shouldn't be "Nerfed" I'm saying what he is asking for is unbalanced the other direction and you....20-30 seconds @_@ wow thats a whole nother extreme. We Don't know how tough the new patch/level/Insane+ is going to be so why "Nerf" it untill we see how diffucult it is going to be?

Are those the Huntress tho? The classes are ment to be unique. What your sayings is like saying it's unfair that the monks auras don't stop enemies from walking through them cause the knights stop them.

I am sure the huntress won't be as "overpowered" after the new mode is added. A few seconds added to recharged won't be bad but anything over 5 is a pain and over 10 is pushing it.

I am sure the huntress won't be as "overpowered" after the new mode is added. A few seconds added to recharged won't be bad but anything over 5 is a pain and over 10 is pushing it.
Exactly! Leave the damage alone and make it longer to cooldown... heck even the price could go up to 100 per shot

heck even the price could go up to 100 per shot
Lets not go in over our heads, Trendy reads these

I see a lot of crying about this requested nerf, but not one other person has stated facts behind their post.

All of you say "keep the damage" and know that it's terribly OP, but not one of you can justify it.

well if you take the 700k damage piercing shot at 1 SPS its 700k dps

so at 1 every 4 seconds it turns out around 200k DPS so there is a big difference