Hi all, would it be possible to make a system where mana doesn't disappear, but rather gathers and ends up forming bigger crystals (like the experience orbs in Fable), up to 500 mana worth? That would still reduce the number of crystals on the ground, but we wouldn't lose mana.

Or alternatively, make it so the crystals worth 50+ disappear last, instead of being replaced by ones worth 1, 5 or 10 (most survival waves end with small mobs, replacing all the more valuable mana crystals with smaller, useless ones).

Thanks.

The amount of Mana on the ground would be extreme on a higher difficulty. There would be way too much mana and it would be a lot easier to survive.

Instead of stacking the Mana, I would suggest making the smaller amounts of Mana disappear before the larger ones.

It is very annoying to see the mana disapear as i am running to try and collect it.
i agree that the small crystals shoulden't overide big ones, but going out and collecting it before it poofs is part of the game. if it didnt poof you could probly top off all upgrades in like 5 waves vs. 18.

frankly i would love that, but it is the strategy of the game. get a genie, they work wonders especially on a summoner with dps pet adn resist

To keep the frame rate smooth, if I had to guess. Otherwise there would be way too many things on screen.

It has been a long long time since I've seen the post, but there was a post early on regarding the DDDK source that covered the memory variable object limits (i.e. loot drops, mana, projectiles, etc.). Karma is either completely correct or close enough to not really make any difference from what I remember.