The truth about event items / pets IMO

The "value" of pre-patch event weapons is more of a novelty than anything else. I think collectors are the ones that really value them. I mean, let's be honest, there are non-event weapons that out-damage almost every single event weapon around, so for combat purposes (other than the moraggo boss glitch) their usefulness is very limited. They have more sentimental value than anything.

this is true but if its sentimental than your not going to offer it in a trade now are you? i have a laser robot that i will never trade i only trade an extra that i might obtain but never my baby

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "value" of pre-patch event weapons is more of a novelty than anything else. I think collectors are the ones that really value them. I mean, let's be honest, there are non-event weapons that out-damage almost every single event weapon around, so for combat purposes (other than the moraggo boss glitch) their usefulness is very limited. They have more sentimental value than anything.

This.

Event items varies to each user. Even the weakest, useless event item can be valued more than a high upgrade farmable item in Morrago. Think of it as a classic car in mint condition built in 1920's. Depending on how the car is valued, that classic car can cost more than your 2012 Chevy Camaro.

To me, an event item is one that stops depreciating in value and either levels off or begins to appreciate over time. The value increasing because of demand ties into the definition that event items have appeal long after they are no longer produced.

Regarding the legitimacy of the event items - if we did not hand them to you personally, consider the event items duplicated.

Always trade at your own risk, my friend.

this is true but if its sentimental than your not going to offer it in a trade now are you? i have a laser robot that i will never trade i only trade an extra that i might obtain but never my baby

Well, you value its usefulness in combat. Essentially, it all comes down to the buyer and seller ... it's simple economics. Goods are valued where the demand and supply curves meet.

Well, you value its usefulness in combat. Essentially, it all comes down to the buyer and seller ... it's simple economics. Goods are valued where the demand and supply curves meet.

got to love supply and demand right?

got to love supply and demand right?

Well, just like anywhere, it creates a black market for "hot" good, which is essentially what we have here with duped items. Capitalism at its best!

I see that lol well thank you for your time and opinion i look forward to see what other people say

I hate it when people come into my tavern just to kill me with a kryat -_-
why players be hating on me, innocent KIRI anyway...
just a moo cow comes to mind...

Regarding the legitimacy of the event items - if we did not hand them to you personally, consider the event items duplicated.

As sad as it is. I believe this to be completely true.

I don't trade. If I'm willing to give up something, I do just that. I drop it for the random person to pick it up.

I hate it when people come into my tavern just to kill me with a kryat -_-
why players be hating on me, innocent KIRI anyway...
just a moo cow comes to mind...
If they have a krayt I kick them because I've gotten a corrupt data from an idiot killing me with that thing

while to some the event weapons are currency, I hold those weapons dear to myself. They represent a different time in my life, before I started school, where every thing was much simpler.

I love event items prepatch if u had any u had a leg up but u dupers ruined this game but u don't care lol but if duping never existed hardly anyone would have good events.unless u got em from events and trading would barely exist without dupe items. Hmmm if psplus cared how different things would of been 1 can only dream lmao

I love event items prepatch if u had any u had a leg up but u dupers ruined this game but u don't care lol but if duping never existed hardly anyone would have good events.unless u got em from events and trading would barely exist without dupe items. Hmmm if psplus cared how different things would of been 1 can only dream lmao

What??? If people never duped, yes there would be much less event items out there, however the fact they are used as currency is like selling someone a nice watch and they pay you in counterfit dollars. Thats how i feel when i got duped stuff for the good weapons ive farmed.

I think trading would be just as good, if not better than it is because people would have more faith in the random people you trade with.

What??? If people never duped, yes there would be much less event items out there, however the fact they are used as currency is like selling someone a nice watch and they pay you in counterfit dollars. Thats how i feel when i got duped stuff for the good weapons ive farmed.

i agree with this one million and five percent

thought it would be a good time to bump this seeing as the event this week started anyway yea any more thoughts?

Got a black list of names we don't do business with. Most we can do since topic is censored and devs ignore.

i can definately see your point you made and respect it. Trading in this game is a whole different animal all togeather. I love it though. I just started getting into trading myself and people value certain items over others, and its crazy. It is risky now, but in the same respects you find out who you can trust real quick. I play this game alot now and for some reason have the urge to collect event items myself. The fact that theyre unique and rare makes them valuable, plus there are ways to check for duped items so theres that i guess.

Got a black list of names we don't do business with. Most we can do since topic is censored and devs ignore.

see i love this idea like making a sticky note of all the dupers and just bad traders but one we cant "call out" other players its against the rules and two some people could lie just to get someone they dont like on the thread.

The developers don't ignore it at all. If you want the issue fixed, report them to Sony and Microsoft. Only they have the power to fix it.

The developers don't ignore it at all. If you want the issue fixed, report them to Sony and Microsoft. Only they have the power to fix it.

fix things tell me more O.o

fix things tell me more O.o

I assume the only real way to fix it would to have the save files stored server side, instead of on our systems. This of course would make trendys running costs skyrocket, thus will not be done.

or be stored in a cloud like system that you can only access when it detects something is missing or added?

• 2 months later...
i read this entire post over and i have said this to eligio_94, that i agree with everything he said and i do think douping will never stop but as a community we can slow it down and make it hard for doupers to actually sell douped items.

i read this entire post over and i have said this to eligio_94, that i agree with everything he said and i do think douping will never stop but as a community we can slow it down and make it hard for doupers to actually sell douped items.

thats true but the thing is as a community we would have to get together and stop trading entirey with dupers witch some people just dont care about so its difficult to do

Or if the save file was unlocked so EVERYONE could backup there,stuff it wouldn't even be a big deal if you did get traded a dupe