The truth about event items / pets IMO

I dont understand why they are "worth" so much i do understand you cant farm them and they are a once in a life time chance to obtain them unless threw a trade but the risk of dupes are rather high IMO. Id like to say i am a experienced trader and i have ran into some duped items. Not knowing if its a dupe or not is a killer because you A want to trade it quickly so it dosent disappear on you, or B add it to your collection and only show it in your tavern for display if your a collector. But back on track i dont understand why lets say a elf of the wand is worth so much if you can easily get a better wand. i know the event items were amazing pre patch but its post patch now so find them rather well useless. The Pets how ever are post patch and are amazing so those i do understand. But now here is my main concern as a trader i use to have most the event weapons when i found out that they could possibly be duped i traded or sold to tavern keep. ( yes i sold event items to the bank ) Some people PMed me saying it disappeared im not a bad guy so i payed them back. The way i see it is no one really uses them unless its a soda for marrogo glitch or bug or whatever it is. So why are they so expensive and why does everyone have so many of them. You would think if an item is expensive then there shouldnt be so many for instance my girlfriend has a 152^ oculus for 74 and its worth is high to me and her but if i were to offer it id get offers like a kryat, gunslinger, elf , and bound. maybe less. If something is worth alot that means there is not alot of them that are the same. Okay i have been ranting alot but here we go. Event WEAPONS not pets but weapons are the same as mana to the tavern keep. Think about it its just a currency in the game and if you dont have it you cant do too much but why trade event weapons for more event weapons IDK.

So i want you ( who ever cared enough to read this ) to post what you think are event weapons actually good? or are they just a currency? And do you like this about the current trading system or dont you?

personally i dont like event weapons other than the krayt because its fun to kill people in the tavern but other than that its just a currency that i feel takes away form trades. And please dont get me wrong im not saying to stop the events or anything like that i love the event pets their amazing just want people to stop selling dupes and everything because its hard for me to get an item i want if i dont have event weapons. so thank you for your time and i just really hope this thread dosent die just want people to read it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event items worth is determined by the beholder.

If you think they are only worth mana, so be it, but they show a legacy part to the game, and to me personally they represent fond memories.

That being said, the worth of any farmable item is less than the mana they are worth, simply because if you play long enough, you'll find a better version.

Your girlfriends 150+^ staff is worth 1 mana to me, again it all comes down to who is looking at the item.

That's just my personal opinion. :)

If you think they are only worth mana, so be it, but they show a legacy part to the game, and to me personally they represent fond memories.

I agree with this but i also feel every item event or not has a "Set" value that could vary player to player but the shear fact that every time i go to trade people offer me or ask me for event weapons is rather well upsetting. because with out them you have almost nothing to trade.

I agree with this but i also feel every item event or not has a "Set" value that could vary player to player but the shear fact that every time i go to trade people offer me or ask me for event weapons is rather well upsetting. because with out them you have almost nothing to trade.

Then don't trade. I do not trade on console, ever.

I agree whole heartedly. I value them even less since ive started getting dupes as trades for my farmed weapons. A soda and a robot are awesome, but the 158^crysknife for 74 that i traded for em is much better than the soda that once determined a dupe, i let someone equip theres so mine would pop, and now all i have is the robot that i really wanted, but am tempted to just sell cause i suspect its duped as well (if i ever determine it is i will sell it). And nothing left to trade, because i for one wont trade items i suspect to be illegitimate, i did that once and ended up doing 10 glitter runs for the guy it poped on cause he didnt want his weapon back.(o how i loath glitter).

I really like the events tho, and enjoy the cool new pets. I just wont be trading them anymore.

With all the dupes out there and everyone making rumors about me ruining my entire forum reputation I think it would be good if they were worth but mana. That way everyone wouldn't hate me for no reason ^.^

Event Weps. Are **** because of these dupers...
I know people who dupe and are very active on forums.
But, I cant say any thing because of the rules and regulations..
Whats the point of pming any mod because they cant do anything Ingame + All the sodas you see today are Duped...
The ONLY One i know isnt duped is the one i sold to bugs Son dj
Never EVER Trust a person with PS+ Unless they are known and have at least participated in the events...
Some times when people come up to me and ask for the laser robot for trade"/ they ask what if its duped? ill say go on fourmsand check the event list youll see my name on it...

Thank you paintolar for your input as well as you too infinete and i really wanted that crysknife too paintolar i had some good 100+^ weapons i would have traded but i feel the event items are kinda taking over the trades now.

Event Weps. Are **** because of these dupers...
I know people who dupe and are very active on forums.
But, I cant say any thing because of the rules and regulations..
Whats the point of pming any mod because they cant do anything Ingame + All the sodas you see today are Duped...
The ONLY One i know isnt duped is the one i sold to bugs Son dj
Never EVER Trust a person with PS+ Unless they are known and have at least participated in the events...
Some times when people come up to me and ask for the laser robot for trade"/ they ask what if its duped? ill say go on fourmsand check the event list youll see my name on it...

this is true and i wanted PS+ just in case i corrupt but i dont want to because i dont want to be accused a duper

Just because you have PS+ doesn't mean you are a duper. I have PS+, two event pets and I have not been in any events but I have never duped anything and never will, just doesn't make sense to me. Then again it won't be much of a problem of me being called a duper since I only have two event items and one will never be for trade.

But u have a higher chance of being called a duper if u got ps+ and yea heartbeat still got that soda long live soda!!!
And a item is worth wat ever u want/need and wat the person will offer or he thinks wat it's worth

Just because you have PS+ doesn't mean you are a duper.

This.

Ive got ps+ for 2 reasons. My system has corrupted multiple times, not my game file, my system. You think its bad loosing your dd save file?, try loosing EVERY save file for EVERY game you have been playing. And also i have a 7 year old kid who loves games, who wouldnt want 100s of dollars of free games each month for only 60 bucks a year.

And ya, i wish i had traded you the knife, that or just kept it, it was a pretty heafty upgrade for me. But what ya going to do, you live you learn. Lol.

I mean in the way that they look new dont have the trophies that a players whos been playing for a long time has and if they havnt done any "Easy" challenges and just come into games with theyre really low characters and ask if you wana trade event items.. Then you could probably guess whats next.

like i understand why people dupe but than again i dont. because it ruins the game for other people and people should realize that is people just like them on the other side of the mic you know?

I got ps+ for the free ratchet and clank game haha!! Any weapon is worth what the person who has it wants it to be worth! Like I bet believably puts a high value on her collection of event weapons....some people like to have pretty things to look at and want them, I would just love to farm a good morraggo weapon! I have some pretty bad luck with that map.

Honestly, I think the Event weapons are useless now. They are only good for lvl 73 & lower or for collectors. Other than that I see no real reason to keep trading them. I mean, yes they do look pretty awesome, but I guess that goes under collectors.

I only kept the fun event items like chi, t26, krayt and jr judge cuz those things r fun to play around with rest of the ev weps arnt worth much to me

Just dont trade .... Farm everything yourself
Might as well disconnect from internet :)
I have come to a point where im tired of trading for stupid crap thats disappear overtime
So just dont trade them at all.

i farm alot but i dont get much good things like i farmed for 3 weeks on marrogo and got a 100^ junbao and 142^ oculus but thats it not even good armor

I love my event weapons, i think theres only like 2 or 3 i dont have. I keep them displayed proudly in my tavern as like a sign or accomplishment and a kinda nostalgia because the events were so much fun and i guess cause i feel its the first game ive ever played were the makes were not just involed but hosted live crazy events and were so easily accessable and easy to talk to like i cant explain how much fun and how many laughs i had with laura during events and they just remind me of that....even though so jerk stole my sodas :-( but it happens

they are "worth" so much i do understand you cant farm them and they are a once in a life time chance to obtain them

You just anwsered your question right there
Then don't trade. I do not trade on console, ever.
Thats because you dont need to,you have everything you need. lol

That being said, the worth of any farmable item is less than the mana they are worth, simply because if you play long enough, you'll find a better version.

Your girlfriends 150+^ staff is worth 1 mana to me, again it all comes down to who is looking at the item.

That's just my personal opinion. :)
Very well said,one mans trash is another mans treasure.

The "value" of pre-patch event weapons is more of a novelty than anything else. I think collectors are the ones that really value them. I mean, let's be honest, there are non-event weapons that out-damage almost every single event weapon around, so for combat purposes (other than the moraggo boss glitch) their usefulness is very limited. They have more sentimental value than anything.