So got a quick question, I hear people talking about dps pet...and wondering what exactly that is? Namely when I get one, do I upgrade its damage or upgrade the hero damage? Thanks!

Beck

A DPS pet is one that puts out a considerable amount of damage. People like using Seahorses, personally I like monkeys.

Upgrade in this order; projectiles, shots per second, base damage. :)

Above is correct. I personally use a seahorse, which puts out a nice sum of poison damage.
Examples of DPS pets:
-searhorse
-monkey
-griffon/serpent/dragon

If you got low stats i'd recommend getting a serpent (magus quarters survival. survive wave 14 to get one)

I wish I had a good build to grind out monkeys on karathiki

It's not fun, most monkies are bad. xD

I got a good setup for jungle, but then again you need at least 4 players to start at wave 13.

Good DPS Pets:
- Djinnlet
- Monkey
- Seahorse

Djinnlet is everything but DPS. Poor damage and not impressive quality of these pets (relatively low stats). It's a bomb for timed challenges or early build, though.

Lots of people seemed to use Laser Robot before better pets came out.

[QUOTE]Djinnlet is everything but DPS. Poor damage and not impressive quality of these pets (relatively low stats). It's a bomb for timed challenges or early build, though.[/QUOTE]

Poor damage? I don't think so. Low stats? Depends on your luck with RNG. I got myself a Trans 276^ and its doing great for most of the time. It's the same with laser robot instead of generic damage, it uses elements and gives you mana (which is great) and the attacks pierces.

[QUOTE]Lots of people seemed to use Laser Robot before better pets came out. [/QUOTE]
Laser Robots were too overpowered ever since the pet buffs. Their damage is affected by hero damage so they nerfed it.

Poor damage? I don't think so. Low stats? Depends on your luck with RNG. I got myself a Trans 276^ and its doing great for most of the time. It's the same with laser robot instead of generic damage, it uses elements and gives you mana (which is great) and the attacks pierces.

Djinnlet with 5556 damage does 20,544 per missile on the tav dummy. thats ~3.7 damage per base point
Seahorse with 12696 damage does 114660 per missile. ~9 damage per point.

Seahorse had 200 extra hero damage, (1350 djinnlet ->1550 seahorse), but I dont think it quite covers the difference :D. Djinnlet also fires quite a lot slower.

I have a level 176 djinlet which does about 600k damage on a dolly in the tavern. I have a seahorse that has 176 upgrades and it does almost 2m dps in the tavern. Against 30m hp ogres in aquanos survival the seahorse works, djinlet does not :) I use djinlet mostly on my barbarian, but haven't really found it the best option for other characters. My barbarians hero damage with djinlet is around 1750. Hero damage with seahorse is around 1650.

The only problem with seahorse is that it does poison damage, so it does not work agains all mobs automatically. If you use str drain auras or darkness traps, this should not be a problem. Same problem is with djinlet also because it has two projectiles that do poison damage, one that does electric, and one that does fire damage. This can easily reduce the damage from 25 to 50%.

Monkey should be the best dps (damage per second) pet at the moment.

There are a couple of solid builds for jungle in the guides section. I posted screens of one that let you duo very easily, and solo with a little risk.

Laser Robots were too overpowered ever since the pet buffs. Their damage is affected by hero damage so they nerfed it.

All mythic and above pets are impacted by hero damage, that was not the reason for the nerf. Lazer robots were easy to get, did non elemental damage with piercing and multi shot with a high rate of fire (similar to ponies). When pets were buffed in NM mode, robots and ponies were extremely overpowered for the reasons above (not the fact they could be impacted by hero damage. This lead to Trendy applying a nerf to the boost that ponies/robots get in NM mode compared to other non elemental pets.