You can now generate Mana Token items

so does this mean we have to pick items to have the game randomly invest it into
or are we going to have "coin" items that are worth what we put into it [with no stats]

I think we would get a coin like item, as we are investing exactly what the item will be worth ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont get me wrong...but couldnt we just loose the cap all together? i mean it seems kinda like creatin work for the dev team when u bypass the whole cap by enabling us (or makin it easier to make tokens). I am for the idea just a suggestion...

dont get me wrong...but couldnt we just loose the cap all together? i mean it seems kinda like creatin work for the dev team when u bypass the whole cap by enabling us (or makin it easier to make tokens). I am for the idea just a suggestion...

The hard cap (2Bil) is hard coded. It can not be changed.

This will make it so much easier to farm for mana. No investing at a huge loss, trying to make 600M tokens. No more collecting items ONLY to be used as mana sinks to make tokens. Now, just cap out, make a token, move on, then go buy stuff with all your collected goods. :D

Yep yep ,, the tokens values (not the mana value but what it worth to us) is going to be lower than what it worth now as it will be easy to generate tokens for players which means the rare items ( mega,cubes, etc) will go very high in prices "lucky me :) "

p.s i may be shouldn't say what i am thinking :)

Hopefully, selling the tokens back will produce mana that can go over the soft cap.l Otherwise, the shop automatically making tokens could prove irksome in some cases when there is a desire for larger tokens, but still a softcap.

Hopefully, selling the tokens back will produce mana that can go over the soft cap.l Otherwise, the shop automatically making tokens could prove irksome in some cases when there is a desire for larger tokens, but still a softcap.

I'm sure they have thought on that, either way it will be a little sketchy at first and I'm sure we will get used to the change.

You knuckleheads have to remember the fine print!

" until your Inventory is filled up, "

I'm going to assume that you can cap out on these tokens as well!

alright i hope people wont start bidding and paying more since tokens will be easier to make. itll just drive up the prices
wonder if the old tokens will be un wanted

I dont see how anyone will drive up the prices unless they are the ones who are bidding. Inflation is stoopid bad right now and this will make it worse one way or the other. I would rather farm it than buy it. However I am for a bank or more mana stored to make it easier to upgrade the new pieces I find.

I dont see how anyone will drive up the prices unless they are the ones who are bidding. Inflation is stoopid bad right now and this will make it worse one way or the other. I would rather farm it than buy it. However I am for a bank or more mana stored to make it easier to upgrade the new pieces I find.

it is a natural thing as now we trade the tokens not for their "value" as (200 m) but we deal with as their (real value = finding an item then spending 280 m + time for both ) and this is the difference as now you will get tokens even when you are afk shop so imagine what will happen soon in forums :)

alright i hope people wont start bidding and paying more since tokens will be easier to make. itll just drive up the prices
wonder if the old tokens will be un wanted

Guessing those with space issues will want exclusively higher mana value tokens, like currently how some people will take any size token, and some will only take 600m tokens, or Cubes, or Chickens.

I see some issues with this. I will say this I do not like the idea of tokens at a 1 to 1 mana ratio I like the mana sink in tokens. My bigger issue is this only effects shops. If I do not open a shop I will not get the ability to make these tokens so the soft cap just kills the average player. As for raising prices It will raise the prices of good items and lower the prices of bad items to make the tokens.

I'm sure they have thought on that, either way it will be a little sketchy at first and I'm sure we will get used to the change.

I agree, at first I'm sure there will be some downturns in the shops and I can see some inflation coming in to play in the auction scene.

They need to make so mid surv/ any map if you hit the 600mil cap it gives you a token for however much you go over each wave

As its been said, its a signed 32 bit integer. The only thing they can possibly do is change it from signed to unsigned integer (i.e go from 2^31 to 2^32). That would change the cap to 4.29B which is the absolute max. The reason they were able to change it in the past was due to the integer still being 32bit (they just put a hard cap on it much like the current hard cap at 2B). It would have to be completely recoded to change it from a 32bit integer.

Now I do kinda wish they keep some sort of mana sink with the tokens (like they are currently). The 20% mana penalty was a fairly fair value for going above the caps. Upgrade costs only do so much to remove mana. With no token mana penalty, prices are pretty much going skyrocket up.

wouldnt it be possible to just add a second line?

2 billion is what we can get right now. why not code around it, something along the lines of when 2 billion is hit, a new mana thing ticks 1, and every 2 billion it ticks again and again.

write the mana counter in the game to read it as mana tick 1 = 2 billion, mana tick 2 = less than 2 billion

so

11,000,480,000 would read as
mana tick 1 = 5
mana tick 2 = 1,000,480,000

for the end user, it would be un noticeable the programming side, not so much.

anyone who knows, would something like this be possible, because i know damn well i have played 32bit games that had stats that went over 2 billion before.

I apologize if this is already answered, but if there is still the soft cap, shouldn't the tokens be limited to 600m? If I made a 2 bil token and tried to sell it, wouldn't I still hit the soft cap. Will there be a way to break down larger tokens into smaller pieces? Any help is appreciated.

Not exactly trilled with them giving into the token crap, but at least now you don't lose mana when making them.

I apologize if this is already answered, but if there is still the soft cap, shouldn't the tokens be limited to 600m? If I made a 2 bil token and tried to sell it, wouldn't I still hit the soft cap. Will there be a way to break down larger tokens into smaller pieces? Any help is appreciated.

They can make items that sell for mana over the soft cap. The Weighted Companion Cube and the Humongous eggs do for sure, maybe some others.

I think this will help defragment the trading community a bit. Right now it seems like it's always the same small group of people that are bidding on all the items. Maybe this will open it up more to others and get them to start using the trading forums too.

^ Id like to think that was the case but the same few just get more tokens to outbid and overpay for stuff the general community cant afford the already overpriced items. Imo not gonna get better.

Also is this for AFK shop only or does this count twords the soft cap the whole token thing bc i dont run AFK shops and how would this benefit anyone who doesnt?

wouldnt it be possible to just add a second line?

2 billion is what we can get right now. why not code around it, something along the lines of when 2 billion is hit, a new mana thing ticks 1, and every 2 billion it ticks again and again.

write the mana counter in the game to read it as mana tick 1 = 2 billion, mana tick 2 = less than 2 billion

so

11,000,480,000 would read as
mana tick 1 = 5
mana tick 2 = 1,000,480,000

for the end user, it would be un noticeable the programming side, not so much.

anyone who knows, would something like this be possible, because i know damn well i have played 32bit games that had stats that went over 2 billion before.

It's not that simple. Your account information is not just the only place that it stored. Every time you perform a mathematical equation on the mana count, every time you display it on the screen, every time you do ANYTHING involving your total mana (which pretty much EVERYTHING) it would have to go into complex equations that would exceed the boundaries of their capability. In order to make this work, they would literally have to rewrite the math functions built into the language. You can't use A+B anymore, that would be a fatal exception. You would have to create your own Add function which accounted for the split variables i.e. Add(A,B) which is a real pain.

The only thing they could do is upgrade it to an Unsigned Int32 or an Int64. Unsigned Int32 would give you 4bil, which is good, but people will exceed that very fast. Int64 would go above what people could reasonably reach but that is opening a whole other can of worms in the programming world.

It's easier just to add another 'tier' of currency which is what they are doing. Though I still think they should up the cap to an Unsigned Int32 as well as the tokens.

The whole problem is the way mana is scaled in the game. Trendy if your reading this, when you do finally decide on DunDef 2... instead of 1, 5, 10, 50, 500, 2000 mana pieces, make it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and just scale the cost of everything to match.

^ Id like to think that was the case but the same few just get more tokens to outbid and overpay for stuff the general community cant afford the already overpriced items. Imo not gonna get better.

Also is this for AFK shop only or does this count twords the soft cap the whole token thing bc i dont run AFK shops and how would this benefit anyone who doesnt?

On your first point, I am afraid that you are unfortunately correct. There are players out there already with enough tokens to buy anything that they could possibly want and they will continue to have that power using the new system as well. Now, outside of some who may have done it illegitimately, many are good folks who just spent a lot of time farming and therefore have earned that capability. This update does nothing to deflate prices and will likely only lead to inflation as a result of more people converting mana to tokens, referring specifically to people like me who refused to make weapon tokens because of the extra loss on them, but now will make tokens thanks to the ratio being 1:1.

As for your question, this system can benefit you if you happen to hit the 600m mana cap and have nothing to spend it on. You can create a mana token in your tavern to uncap yourself so that you can then sell it back for mana later when you need it to pay for something and can continue to collect mana from doing levels. The token is simply an item that goes into your inventory that can be exchanged back for the raw mana later. Essentially, this is only a problem for people who already have their gear fully upgraded and therefore have nothing to spend the mana on except making tokens.

You can already do this by making the current weapon tokens, but you lose mana doing that in exchange for the convenience of not having to go back to the tavern to create one.

As someone who regularly runs a full AFK shop, the capability to make more than three sales at a time is very much appreciated.

Only at a penalty if you create the token during the waves with a weapon. As long as you have enough items to dump mana into during your farming runs and can stay at or around 600m without exceeding it by much, you will be able to create tokens in your tavern to allow you to hold a lot more mana at less expense than making the current 600m tokens. This is definitely an advantage for you as you'll be able to farm as much mana as you like to convert to tokens. Now, the problem is, you will have to return to your tavern to create it and a level like Aquanos can easily give 100m+ per wave, meaning you will have to have something to dump mana into during the waves until you can return to tavern to make a token like this. I understand if that is what you are saying the problem is, since AFK shops will automatically generate tokens whenever you exceed the 2 billion cap.

Are you thinking that you would prefer a system where you also automatically make tokens when you exceed the cap? In this case, any wave mana beyond your 600m limit going automatically to mana tokens? Or is there something else about this that you don't like?

If you are saying that a system like that is what you would want, I am personally on the fence about something like that as it would effectively nullify the softcap on mana and could have some negative effects on the economy, although some would argue that the economy in a game like this isn't important enough to matter or is already messed up to the point of no return anyway. Automatically generating tokens at a 1:1 ratio for AFK shops is already a huge shift to the game economy, so maybe this could be possible. It would have to be considered carefully.

The only difference with our tokens is that you will be creating tokens with mana from vendor sold items while I will have tokens generated from my AFK shop. We will have the same tokens. Just two different ways to go about getting them.