Sign in to follow this  
Ratiasu

Request: Aqua Mixed

If you have a good apprentice, I just posted a mix build that I had a lot of luck with.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?66549-another-aqua-survival-build-with-minions-%28pictures-included%29

One change I would make, which I'm going to later, is to get rid of the reflect beam at the downstairs crystal and use the extra DU to expand the walls by the main crystal.

Squire: 3.1k T attack - 2.2k T ROF
Monk: 1.5k T attack - 1k T ROF - 1.8k Range (this one's getting an upgrade today or tomorrow)
Summoner: 2.7k Attack - 2.2K ROF
App: 2.2k T attack - 1.8K T ROF

I could swap some gear around obviously. To "Some guy": Why the apprentice towers? I'm interested though...

The AoE of fireball towers is great for clearing out the gas traps, they do a much better job of that than harpoons. They also hold aggro better when you have multiple ogres in one lane (since harpoons might only be hitting one of the ogres, leaving the other one free to start bashing the walls instead of derping around throwing boogerballs). I don't like to go pure mage towers though, harpoons pierce is great when there's an ogre in front of the walls and a shark decides to charge.

I could swap some gear around obviously. To "Some guy": Why the apprentice towers? I'm interested though...

Basically, since there's fewer ogres, I wanted to have my towers able to cover a lot more targets simultaneously rather than just have raw firepower. A problem I was having by the main crystal was enemies getting too close to the walls and damaging them quickly (and getting killed). The high number of towers along with the darkness trap seemed to have helped a lot with that. Plus, you don't need to be quite as active running around with hero boost on all the time. You can pretty much sit by the main crystal with tower boost and just about everything gets wrecked.

Thanks, in the end I came up with a similar build as Zach's, except that I have way more fireballs and a harpoon, as well as better aura stacking, this comes at the expense of not having the north walls buffed, which doesn't seem to be a problem anyways.

This is the build I use, clear everytime.

http://ddplanner.com/?l=8800,gamblors-aqua-nm-hc-mix-mode

Yea, it seems most Aquanos-builds use a similar layout nowadays. Guess that means it's good. Ty!
Also, mind rolling a talay with me? I can't get your build to work, oddly enough. Also having problems putting some buffs and gas traps. (can't fit 2 gas traps next to each other, some buff beams being on hard to access terrain so the minion pathfinding will fail)