moraggo mixed solo + 3afk - full clear (all summoners possible)

Here's the layout.

http://ddplanner.com/?l=8185,moraggo-mixed-solo-3-afk-summoner-only-possible-v2

This is my Moraggo mixed summoner only full team layout. I tested it with 3 afk. Its not even very stressful. Obviously my stats are high but you can compensate lacking towerstats with additional active players. Taking monks or other dps chars will make it ridiculously easy.

Green dots:
That choke can only hold 2-3 ogres. The fourth or maybe the third will take this way. Watch that. (had this only 1 time)

Blue dot:
Place minions watching in blue dot direction to kill djinns faster.

Minions:
Place them all on buffbeam close together. line out: fireball/harpoon - 2mages - 4 archers - wall
Keep them as far as possible from walls. If placed correctly they don't draw ogre aggro.

Gastraps:
They are not buffed except north west and north east.
If you try to buff them, their range is too short and sharken may charge. Put them away from wall.

Other towers:
All are buffed. Watch to put protonbeams so that ogres walk in, not to close to walls.

Walls in middle and upper south:
They are angled that it's building some kind of corners too draw ogres in and make them get damaged by protonbeams.

Problems:
There is only 1 problem occurring latewave, maybe 30+.
Upper south wall can be moved by sharken if there are too many ogres.
the good thing: that doesn't really matter if you occasionally repair that.

What to do:
1. Run circles ( watch not to aggro ogres behind u so they dont follow) and spam flashheal and kill multi ogres with dps pets.
2. Watch out u always draw those into protonbeams they do ridicolous dmg.
3. Loot=)

updated setup after reading sharyzas post. still have 3du walls since not all have high tower hp ev.
thx for idea sharyza

I'll give it a try and let you know how it went.

Edith says: Worked like a charm, we started wave 20 and had to defend off some djinna manually due to the not yet upped minions but else, very nice.
Oh, we did edit it a little bit, 2 buff beam south seemed overkill on that lane so we made a working 6 DU buff beam there and spend the du on another proton (there is one lane where you dont have it). We also cut some walls making them 2 DU so we got another 3 DU out of it, we used them for reflects on NE, norther south and NW.

Thanks for the build, mate.

Shar

can you start in wave 28 with that build ? im lazy to try -_-

i will try it non mix first and let you know what happend

i have only played it once and started wave 18 since its a lot to upgrade solo. not sure if u can start wave 28. im excited to hear if its possible.

I don't see why you couldn't. We started 20, I think.
The build is EXTREMELY solid. The only reason you might not be able to start 28 is lack of firepower. We had ~3400 stats on the builders, and the first couple of waves still needed a little monk/seahorse support while we upped the towers and minions to be able to clear djinn out quickly enough. Big map, easy to miss a rogue djinn. This was duo. Solo would be even more frantic.

Andy - you shouldn't need screenshots. It's an extremely straightforward build. Once you start building it out, it makes sense.

The problem is, the loot was terrible. I think we saw 4ish trans per wave by the end. Maybe 20 in total. One supreme the whole run. The trans were, without fail, short rapiers with less than 200 ups, or shield weapons. The supreme was also a shield weapon. Random is random, yes yes, but aqua is smaller, easier, faster and drops way better loot. I've had lots and lots of bad runs, but never one this bad.

If you're struggling with Aqua, then this build will let you complete, but honestly? I'd say it's less hassle to farm misty.

But, to repeat my earlier point. This is a rock solid build. Utterly amazing. If you have mild OCD and never got around to completing this map, then this build will see you through without a single knock. And I hope you get much better loot than we did.

The build is EXTREMELY solid. [...] We had ~3400 stats on the builders

every build is solid when you have 3k+ stats, especially now with summoners essentially doubling the amount of dead you can throw at enemies

every build is solid when you have 3k+ stats, especially now with summoners essentially doubling the amount of dead you can throw at enemies
Ugh. I hate this way of thinking. It's simply wrong.

Any map in this game (except Talay and possibly Jungle) can be completed with 2k stats, a good monk, no summons AND the right build. You can drop those stats to 1800 if you add a summoner with 600 stats or better. I'm not including mix, just so we're clear. But any map to survival completion. I know, because with the exception of Moraggo, I'd done it on all of them with 2k or sub 2k stats.

There are good builds, and there are bad builds, and a bad build with high stats will still be a bad build, because you'll see knocks, you'll be repairing walls all the time, there will be clogs, auras will be burning out fast and more than one ogre at a wall may cause big problems.

This is a solid build for a number of reasons.
1) The walls are placed so that with one exception (which is covered by a harpoon), even if you get phenomenally bad timing on gas resetting, the sharks won't get a chance to charge them.
2) Despite this, towers and summons get a long time to shoot at approaching ogres, minimising the time they spend up against walls, meaning your walls hardly ever take a hit.
3) Because of this, you're not having to run around frantically keeping everything repaired, meaning a large tough map can effectively be soloed.
4) The only thing high stats let me do is take a summoner to make what little repairs there are less hassle (enter overlord, press 0 twice per round), or as I did towards the end, take tower builder to level, instead of having to take a monk or barb to speed ogre disposal.

Ugh. I hate this way of thinking. It's simply wrong.

Any map in this game (except Talay and possibly Jungle) can be completed with 2k stats, a good monk, no summons AND the right build. You can drop those stats to 1800 if you add a summoner with 600 stats or better. I'm not including mix, just so we're clear. But any map to survival completion. I know, because with the exception of Moraggo, I'd done it on all of them with 2k or sub 2k stats.

so you say my line of thinking is wrong and then go on to demonstrate how it's correct? yes, that's what I am saying. you can beat every map with sub 2k and no summoner. I've done it on most of them (still haven't beaten talay yet, but that's more because the map is confusing as **** and less because it's hard). which would mean that 3k stats with a summoner would trivialise things.

if I could elaborate, having 3k stats means that even if you have a **** build you will generally do very well and probably clear all but the highest mix mode waves with no trouble and probably afk with 4-6 players if you so desire. any build that has any semblance of reasoned thought put into it will give you the same kind of result, whereas a slight ****-up in any given top build at the 1.5k stat range will mean you die very fast. usually to DEWs, but occasionally to leaking wyverns.

saying that a build is solid doesn't really mean much when the functional difference between a good and a great build with 3k stats is basically nothing.

@pardon me

don't spam my thread with your jealousy and stupidity. you are contributing nothing to this.