I'm jealous! It's too early for that here lol Also, we are in a helpful mood today so if anybody needs help completing something lemme know and we can try to help!

To be perfectly honest I'm a little tired right now. Mainly because I started a new job and I seem to be in over my head. I'm thinking if I just buckle down and focus that will make me more productive. Could be that I'm possibly worrying too much.
Now as far as my social calendar goes: I play softball around four times a week with different leagues/teams for general exercise. What I'm driving at is that I may just crash and burn on softball and not enjoy if I play too much. If you would've grabbed me maybe a couple of years ago and told me that, I wouldn't have believed you. What's that saying about excess? My final thought on that would be just trying to stay healthy at this point and suffer anymore ankle sprains and/or bruised/fractured whatevers. It's hard thought playing roughly over 60 games a season...could turn out to be a mental drain as well.
And then we come to center of the shrubbery maze: my friend (whom my girlfriend doesn't like) is having a wedding and has invited me and I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Since him and I don't really hang anymore we've kind of lost touch and don't really connect like we used to. I kind of think that I got invited as a sort of comic relief, for everyone's entertainment per say. I really don't want to be treated as such and can't think of a way to weasel my way out of it without completely upsetting the guy. It's not like we're the best of buds anymore, but part of me doesn't want to be a d-bag and just totally disregard his feelings as a prior friend but more on just a personal level. You have to be decent. Treat people like human beings and not just...I dont know -- products of a lifestyle obsession?

Oh...I'm sorry - did you want to know/care how I was doing, or did you just want to make chit-chat?

"Foo, you are my favorite forum poster. That is all." - Classic22

Mainly because I started a new job and I seem to be in over my head.

"Foo, you are my favorite forum poster. That is all." - Classic22

I stopped reading here to comment that you play DD while at work. I lift things up and put them down at my job. I think you're situation is a bit better then some. xD

Sometimes i do. Sometimes i don't

I used to be an emergency roadside tech. I know all about heavy lifting. About 7 years worth of it.

I've since bettered my situation.

And then we come to center of the shrubbery maze: my friend (whom my girlfriend doesn't like) is having a wedding and has invited me and I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Since him and I don't really hang anymore we've kind of lost touch and don't really connect like we used to. I kind of think that I got invited as a sort of comic relief, for everyone's entertainment per say. I really don't want to be treated as such and can't think of a way to weasel my way out of it without completely upsetting the guy. It's not like we're the best of buds anymore, but part of me doesn't want to be a d-bag and just totally disregard his feelings as a prior friend but more on just a personal level. You have to be decent. Treat people like human beings and not just...I dont know -- products of a lifestyle obsession?

Well you already said that you and he don't really hang out anymore and you really aren't the best of buds anymore. So you are more acquaintances now than actual friends. If you find some way of weaseling out, would it really be that bad? I guess it really depends on why he invited you.
If he invited you because he still feels like you are good buds, then maybe it would be a little douchy but not intentionally on your end.
Now if he invited you to have you as comic relief and possibly add an additional wedding gift in the pile, you obviously wouldn't be the douchy one in that instance.

I guess... look at the bright side. You and your significant other didn't crash a wedding and realize it in the middle of the ceremony. Quite awkward I assure you. Talk about feeling like a d-bag.

Oh and ummm... Things are ok on my end. The usual "bored as haell at work" situation. Outside of work it's just more work but all at home instead. Can't say things are great but really can't say they are bad.

Sometimes i do. Sometimes i don't

I used to be an emergency roadside tech. I know all about heavy lifting. About 7 years worth of it.

I've since bettered my situation.

Ouch! Well, I'm glad everything turned out for the better. Now you can hang out with us all day.