EV will help you get to wave 25, but you can easily do wave 15 or so with a non EV build, there are a couple of non EV builds on ddplanner

or is this some kind of trick.

If by trick, you mean Cymmina is teaching you how to fish instead of giving you a fish, then yes its a trick.

http://ddplanner.com/?l=8072,nm-mode-mess-around

I honestly have no idea what your stats are, so I tried to use the most of everything except mage. I don't know how this build will work, never tried it, I was messing around, but it will get you past 15 for sure, experimenting is fun.

It moved a few of the auras and traps after I saved it, oh well. The enrages are for mages later on since you don't have reflection beams

you guys just love to pick on the new guys who are JUST LOOKING for help don't you. And thank you guys for showing me builds, but i already figured it out. thank you.

EDIT: If you guys have nothing good to say, don't say it all.

you guys just love to pick on the new guys who are JUST LOOKING for help don't you. And thank you guys for showing me builds, but i already figured it out. thank you.

There's a huge difference between needing help and being downright lazy. You were given a link to a website with thousands of builds that you could have searched if you had bothered to spend 10 seconds not being lazy and using the search. Instead, you chose to continue being lazy and now you're upset with the snarky responses you received.

We were not making fun of you. It better for you to learn how to do something yourself... half of this game is learning to build. We pointed you both to the build section and DDplaner, an amazing tool to pre-plan your build.

Looking for help would have been defining your stats and providing the build you had been using and asking for suggestions on how to improve it. What you did instead was ask for someone to do the most important part of the game for you, which is develop a tower defense build for a Tower Defense Action RPG.

I have no problems giving you pointers to improve on whatever you have already tried. However, I dont give things to people who dont try.

Going back to the fishing analogy, I'll help the person next to me who dosen't know what they are doing. However if some random guy walking past asks if he can have my fish...

It is helping, you know the old saying;

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day; Set a man on fire and he can even cook that fish while he eats it!

hold on, I think I mixed something up there.

It is helping, you know the old saying;

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day; Set a man on fire and he can even cook that fish while he eats it!

hold on, I think I mixed something up there.

No, that sounds right.

http://ddplanner.com/?l=8092,nm-magus-idea

Made this in my head. You need an app (Doesn't need to be good), Squire, Trap huntress, Aura monk, and Summoner. Aura monk needs to be relatively decent, Traptress needs enought Thp and rate to make the gasses last the wave, App just needs a moderate pool of thp, and Squire needs to do what a squire does, Moderate stats needed to kill ogres quickly. Summoner needs a moderate amount of thp for the Orcs to survive the Ogres, and damage to help in taking them down.

Ogres must die fast. Failure to take them down leads to a charge. Thankfully, using Summoners as walls means you can move them back, but I recommend that you play as a DPS character during the wave and go help kill Ogres and Sharks, which means your units might not always move back! A good DPS pet is a must. Seahorses from Insane HC MM Aquanos survival are very worthwhile. Seahorses tear through an Ogre's HP like it's nobody's business, and the Ogres should be in the Str Drain auras anyways.

Oh, and I do recommend you try and get the EV DLC! She's extremely useful!

"http://ddplanner.com/?l=8055"
Dood. That is actually the best build plan I've seen. I took this, and totally solo'd my way to 25, afk'ing the whole way. Thanks for posting this!

Give a man a fish and you will really freak him out.

I have to agree with the OP on this. Most of the responders to this post should be ashamed of themselves.. Unfriednly, unhelpful, and snarky responses are worse than useless, it makes us all look bad. Thank god for Defender01 and a few others like him.
If providing a link to a site with hundreds of possible maps, how about saying, "Here is a place where you can find hundreds of builds. Search for Magus and see what you come up with. If you need any more help just ask."
Jiminy Christmas people, a guy wants help and you flame him for being lazy. You are neither giving fish nor teaching. You are eating fish while he starves. Nice.

I am glad he solved this, and my big helpful suggestion to the OP is to get an EV. It's well worth it and it will be much easier to find builds, since AFAIK 99% of them have EV beams these days.