Why so much hackuzations?

ive been pondering this question for some time... the fact is people nowadays would rather not be the best they can be at a game at risk of being mass reported, or trying to have your reputation ruined , or even getting banned. i myself find myself storing my 3500+ stat gear away for the fear that eventually with enough false reports the "witch hunt" will end with me getting banned.
i can not really figure out a solution to this problem as there is a fine line between top end highest qualitiy possible end game gear, and what is hacked or not.

Yeah, me too. I have one character with exceptionally great stats, but I feel I could never use him frequently due to the witch hunt you speak of. :

I normally end up starting my own rooms with my high stat character then swap to a lower geared character so people wont complain.

We don't keep a running count of reports per player. If you don't hack and you don't buy outrageously hacked gear, play without fear.

We don't keep a running count of reports per player. If you don't hack and you don't buy outrageously hacked gear, play without fear.

Oh that's a relief. Thanks for letting us know Hitmonchan!

As my father always told me; if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear.

Admins know the difference between hacked and legit stuff, so who cares if you get reported? Let them report you all they want.

We have two factions, at odds with each other, on one side there are the high end level players who have developed a fascist attitude towards the rest of the players, mostly low end level ones, and obviously the other one are the low level players, including noobs, who to answer to both the attitude coming from the other side, and their own bad luck at getting decent gear, found or bought, have decided that the best way is to report them for hacking.

Trendy seems well centered on this issue, but the feeling of alienation you get, more often not, when hosting or attending a public game, can be unbearable.

The closest/easiest solution to this is server side generated items, which I'm willing to cope up with as long as they don't remove the SP portion of the game, but then again, Diablo 3 is now suffering from item duping, so what this needs is a real solution, one that doesn't involve more policing.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Blizzard-Admits-Diablo-3-Item-Duping-Why-Asia-Server-Was-Shutdown-43472.html

That's kind of what I thought, but it helps to hear it being said.

Try and find a regular group of people to play with, is my suggestion. Makes gaming sessions much more kick/hack-report free. Forming groups on the forums, for example. Or you could even start up your own steam user group and invite people who fit like minded play styles. A lot of ways to avoid the hassle of playing with utter strangers.

Me... I just get my girl friend to play with me who is happily amused by the monkey pet.

lol , it's not your lost at all when people think you hack and leave your game, and theres one main reason why I like to host my own games - I don't lag .

lol , it's not your lost at all when people think you hack and leave your game, and theres one main reason why I like to host my own games - I don't lag .

Same, except I host private, so chances I'll get to report a hacker is pretty small. Only met one.

witch hunt? what witch hunt? xD, i love when people call me a hacker (or say that i have hacked items) because i know they're wrong =]

happens alot recently with the STS... i chuckle whenever they ask me to 'show' them the DPS again, because (i assume) they're screenshotting it xD