Dealing with spiders

I can't stand these things. Since moving into nightmare any sort of build that I have a used in the other mode just gets trashed by spiders. I am using a 74 squire with 160/370/200/280. I also have a monk, huntress, and summoner in the low 70s, but I feel I don't have the time to use them very much. The only map I have really tried so far is Spires to farm the first wave. Each time I complete that wave I get pretty wrecked by everything that gets thrown at me. Any suggestions for different possible maps?

Adapt to the spiders.

Get a summoner to put archers and mages behind your defenses to protect them.
Aim a harpoon for cross harpoon spider defense.
Apply Electric aura to the forehead.
Lightning Tower can do wonders.

There is more than 1 way to do a map. :P Trust me, nightmare is a pain to do, but once you get a system down it's easy.

I can't stand these things. Since moving into nightmare any sort of build that I have a used in the other mode just gets trashed by spiders. I am using a 74 squire with 160/370/200/280. I also have a monk, huntress, and summoner in the low 70s, but I feel I don't have the time to use them very much. The only map I have really tried so far is Spires to farm the first wave. Each time I complete that wave I get pretty wrecked by everything that gets thrown at me. Any suggestions for different possible maps?

Your doing Nightmare with those stats? Solo?

My towers of choice for dealing with Harpoons:

1) Explosive Traps
- IMO, the most cost effective solution for Spiders and my favorite method of control.

2) Reverse Harpoons
- AT 6 DU each, these can be pricey for only dealing with spiders. However, if you can angle them to have a 2nd job, it may make up the cost.

3) Bouncer Blockades
- Cost Effective, but you have to put them directly on the spawn point. They also have a knock-back, which can spell disaster for other towers if the bouncer doesn't kill the spider.

Anyone ideas on dealing with dijnn?

Harpoons or Deadly Strikers can be positioned effectively to deal with Djinn.

I have to break in some how

Changed some stuff around and I pulled together 200/400/220/300

I wasn't doing nightmare on my own until I had close to the 1k stat range. I think you're main problems is that your gear just isn't good enough. If you want I can run you through some nightmare levels. Just add me on steam and shoot me a message. steam profile is in sig

I wasn't doing nightmare on my own until I had close to the 1k stat range. I think you're main problems is that your gear just isn't good enough. If you want I can run you through some nightmare levels. Just add me on steam and shoot me a message. ID in sig

Is there anyway to do it without getting geared by someone else? If there isn't really then I might hit you up on it.

I wasn't doing nightmare on my own until I had close to the 1k stat range. I think you're main problems is that your gear just isn't good enough. If you want I can run you through some nightmare levels. Just add me on steam and shoot me a message. steam profile is in sig

His stats are fine for entry into nightmare, he just has to play a bit more on the strategy side, rather than brute forcing it with 1k stats from purchased gear. :)

I have to break in some how

Well, I agree it's difficult to break in. But at your level/stats you should be able to run some survival waves and get a little better gear. Either that or you need to find someone to run with, which is the way most end up doing it. Add me as a friend and in about an hour I can take you through some NM levels to look for entry level mythics you can start with that might get you up to soloing.

His stats are fine for entry into nightmare, he just has to play a bit more on the strategy side, rather than brute forcing it with 1k stats from purchased gear. :)

I don't know about that, I still think he's a little shy on the stats. I'm not saying he need 1k, but he probably needs at least 300 in each... ESPECIALLY tower health.

I might try to run some maps with you guys, but at the moment I will be away for a few hours. When I am back I'll add you guys to play with if I have the time. I have gotten a few pieces from the first wave of spires. Hopefully I will be able to do decent if I at least continue to do that.

Deadly Strikers can typically 1-shot a spider with enough tower attack on campaign: they're highly accurate and shoot through walls but are very expensive. Spiders are vulnerable to the stunning effects of Lightning Towers and Shock Beams. However, spiders do come with immunities, which impacts Lightning Tower but not Shock Beam.

Some locations, you can angle your towers just right to hit incoming mobs *and* spiders. For places like that, a 1DU reflect beam right up against your towers is the most cost effective solution.

Back when there were only spiders to worry about, people were making videos on how to do Endless Spires naked, just to prove you can break into nightmare with nothing.

Anyone ideas on dealing with dijnn?

Gas traps are the most effective way to disable a djinn. Even if you have the raw firepower to kill a djinn before they unsummon something, they're good insurance for times when your defenses are distracted or there's something in the way.

I don't know about that, I still think he's a little shy on the stats. I'm not saying he need 1k, but he probably needs at least 300 in each... ESPECIALLY tower health.

Cymmina, pretty much said what I was going to say.

However, stats in the 300s would be ideal, but I still believe his stats will get him through (at least) the first few waves of say Endless Spires. And by completing the first few waves, this should get him some upgrades via chest drops.

Additionally, You have to remember he's doing the campaign and the nightmare mobbs are ridiclously easy. The only thing you really need to worry about are Orges and Djinn. Sharken shouldn't pose that much of a problem, if your traps are properly positioned.

I would also like to add, getting a dps pet is soo usefull for spiders, doesnt have to be high, but a simple 10k dps with a pet from insane wil take out spiders fast, and can also help ur defences. This is why breaking into nightmare duo is much better, someone with dps pet another with a gardian.

Your biggest problem is your stats are incredibly low. Consider trying to buy items from player shops to give you around 600-800 stats. It shouldn't be too expensive.

Spiders are most easily dealt with Strength Drain + Lightning Auras. Improving your tower placement will help against Djinn.

This is true. I, too, started with low stats in my forays into NM. I am currently at ~700 tower stats on my countess (and 200-300 on the rest of my builders). I do fine for the lower level campaign maps on NM. I'd do HC, but I like to die. A lot.

The main thing when you have low stats on NM is to make sure you take your time (as much as possible) and set things up right. Check ddplanner if you don't know the exact spawn locations for spiders. So far, I have had luck putting bouncers about in places I think spiders will either spawn or path through. It's actually really nice if you can cover a lane while simultaneously killing spiders. They die pretty easily at lower wave levels.