The Riddle Of the Frost Sword

Anyone know under what circumstances these drop now?
I think orginally they were tied to the host having completed the Xmas level, but the drop rate was reduced a little while ago? Is that right?

I'm trying to wrap my head around it but there just doesn't seem to be a set pattern.
They seem much more rare than before and I thought they might have vanished completely until i saw one on an aqua run.

I think they're just a lot more rare than they used to be now. I still see them occasionally on my aqua runs, but nothing like when morrago first came out (I think that was bonanza time...).

PS Why would you want one? Tidal blades from aquanos, and the forest scimitar from misty (possibly the stone cutter from morrago too) have similar characteristics, better stats and are less rare.

i didnt think they dropped on aquanos?

I have been playing random pubs a bit lately so it might not have been aqua... :kobold:

I dont really pay attention to them as they arent worth using (and havent been since squire drops started scaling)

I have been playing random pubs a bit lately so it might not have been aqua... :kobold:

I dont really pay attention to them as they arent worth using (and havent been since squire drops started scaling)
fair enough

They drop for me quite often on Aquanos. Didn't see them anywhere else, though.

Also, I've been getting multiple Candelabras on Shards map, but no single Nosferatu. Can they ever drop at ranom?

Frost Swords definitely drop from Misty and Spooktacular. I could swear I've seen them on City in the Cliffs (campaign, so probably survival too). I can't comment on Moraggo or Aquanos, as I've yet to farm either of those maps with a sword wielding class.

Keep in mind that if the value of the item is low, there's a good chance they just aren't surviving long enough for you to get to them (eg. Presidential boxing gloves are always valued at 1776 mana).

I also know for a fact that the frost swords will drop on shipwreck monster fest. Maybe its all "monster fest" levels but shipwreck is the only one I do, so I'm not 100% sure on that. Was playing NM HC shipwreck last night and saw one or two drop but weren't really worth picking up.

they can drop in aquanos i found one tran frost blade didnt really have tran potential stats besides the base damage was pretty good

never see them drop really i guess there just way to much items and now with mob counts lowered even further just more less of a chance of them even appearing with different items in the game