Lemurian Halberd vs the others

Just wondering why these weapons are so sought after?

They aren't the highest DPS weapon for monk, so wondering if I'm missing something?

I understand the concept of highest stats on a weapon, especially for aura builds.

So what monk weapon are you using and why?

:monk:

from what i have learned and seen so far monk range dps is the best since his hp dont scale well and i do good dps wit a +4 projectile and 26k range dmg monk weapon Lemurian 30k + dmg and 7+ projectile is a big difference in dmg

It may be a big difference in damage, but it's elemental and not even close to the highest DPS ranged weapon. :/

Edit: would love for one of the high end guys to come and post a screenshot of their Halberds DPS.

Elemental damage is a non-issue for most who'd have access to these as str drains are quite standard fare in shards survivals and anyone with 2k aura range can cover fairly large distances with them.

Lemurian has 8 projectiles, 1 more than nosferatu/(and IIRC cardboard tube). Its center missile is actually 3 missiles with a fourth above it, so long range damge is only half full damage.

I'm fairly sure you'll find it's DPS is the highest due to the exra projectile (it scales with HD like grenade launchers etc.) and the relatively high long range damage is a nice bonus

So what monk weapon are you using and why?

STS... because i like having 'HACKER' shouted at me =]

... and the awesome high damage pebblespamming...

STS... because i like having 'HACKER' shouted at me =]

... and the awesome high damage pebblespamming...

Same here ;)

IMO, easily out performs a Lemurian.

What's yours like?

Same here ;)

IMO, easily out performs a Lemurian.

What's yours like?

56k ranged, does 2mil per hit (7milDPS) on the tavern dummy w/ hero boost
NMHC ones hate me though "/

- also, just noticed that its range isnt restricted in assaults... probably needs to be fixed... but its fun just throwing pebbles over defences and destroying the crystals =]

56k ranged, does 2mil per hit (7milDPS) on the tavern dummy w/ hero boost
NMHC ones hate me though "/

- also, just noticed that its range isnt restricted in assaults... probably needs to be fixed... but its fun just throwing pebbles over defences and destroying the crystals =]

Nice!

I have a 69k one. The ones I got from NMHC have only ever had 1/1 :/

Nice!

I have a 69k one. The ones I got from NMHC have only ever had 1/1 :/

nice, 270^?... xP
highest NMHC one i got was 70~ish^

problem is hitting airborne mobs... takes some insane beerpong skills...

nice, 270^?... xP
highest NMHC one i got was 70~ish^

problem is hitting airborne mobs... takes some insane beerpong skills...

That it does. I like using my Monkey for the airborne stuff. Easily out performs the weapon anyway.

I have got a few 260+^ ones. The one I'm using is 276 I think.

This here does bang on 3.3M DPS with hero boost active (1.25M with only the front three striking)

Given that the ranged damage on them can be well above 3x that, 10-15M DPS would be quite average for one with some upgrades on it

EDIT

Stones throw would be good for longer ranges with enough projectile speed. It's just a tradeoff for accuracy against wyverns/DEW's

I like using my Monkey for the airborne stuff.

ditto, though i need a better monkey (250^ but devastates my casting speed - and takes run down to 60 "/)

Stones throw would be good for longer ranges with enough projectile speed. It's just a tradeoff for accuracy against wyverns/DEW's

no projectile speed bonus on them

so...

STS:
-pros: high damage, rebounding projectiles
-cons: may be difficult to aim (flying enemies in particular)

Lemur:
-pros: high damage when close range
-cons: lightning damage conversion

?

the other two main options are nos and cardboard?... since nos isnt trans anymore its probably overshadowed by everything else... cardboard seems like a toned down (but non elemental) lemur?

I've been using my nos for months and while I have found better staves, I just like the laser spam =p

using a 322^ lemurian right now. with about 2.2k hero damage, easily passes 10m dps in tavern. i am thinking that this may be lower than what it actually hits though, as it seems to not count the 3 in the middle as 3, but rather as one projectile hitting. this effectively is 2/7 less dps than what it will be in games then.

Just to clarify. The physical damage on the wep is converted to lightning? And so the lightning damage remains as just lightning?

Correct.

What is the STS monk weapon?

Stone's Throw Spear. Reward for beating the volcano challenge with monk.

Quick point on the STS in assault. Its range is not limited but it bounces off of enemy auras and traps making it difficult to use in some sections.

• 2 weeks later...
I currently use a Lem with 341^ and about 34k (maybe 31k, not where I can check atm) ranged damage fully ^'d. I do about 11m dps in tavern boosted (1k boost). I've been using this for a while, and very rarely will I run into a mob that is immune to lightening and outside of range of my seahorse, + ogres will always end up under str drains, so I don't see it's elemental dmg being an issue at all.

The big numbers that STS puts out are fun to look at though.

I currently use a Lem with 341^ and about 34k (maybe 31k, not where I can check atm) ranged damage fully ^'d. I do about 11m dps in tavern boosted (1k boost). I've been using this for a while, and very rarely will I run into a mob that is immune to lightening and outside of range of my seahorse, + ogres will always end up under str drains, so I don't see it's elemental dmg being an issue at all.

The big numbers that STS puts out are fun to look at though.

That's 11m at pint blank though, right?

I have fairly rubbish stats, 1.4k damage and 800 to hero boost and my STS is able to pump out just under 10mil dps boosted. The major point here is that it does that at point blank or from a distance and is not elemental.

Either way both Spears are good, to each their own.