Depressing moments on Dungeon Defenders.

Just gonna go right ahead and say this is probably the most saddening moment on DD I've had to date.

Now, me and my friend aren't fantastic at the game. We're just starting to do adequately at insane (Only base campaign level we have yet to do is Summit) and we've been practicing on Survival and farming to get good gear.

Probably our staple level is Magus, because it's pretty damn easy to defend. We've been reworking our defenses and whatnot and we finally reached the point where we weren't going down. There were a lot of close calls, but we were sticking it out. We hit 15 and got the pet and were like "Oh yeah." Then we hit 20. Another awesome moment. Reach complete 24, see that FINAL WAVE sign and we're like "This is gonna be sweet. Finally gonna get that giraffe."

Ogre gets slaughtered. Cut our way through 'round abouts 1900 out of the 2000 mobs that spawn on that final level.

And then some archer takes a random pot shot from the other side of the map, and the crystal popped.

Four hours down the tube.

Because of a lucky shot.

Trust me it happens. Especially when moraggo used to be soo many mobs per wave. Got to 30 once and then pop. Something raped core. 5 hours gone.

On the plus side, you can restart from wave 23 and get a giraffe at the end of 25. Just getting to 23 means you don't have to do most of the work over again. It's only about an hour, possibly less, to try again.

Uber Death from Above- wave 14, down to the last 100 or so enemies. Everything's going fine until i see the core by the forge is under attack. Wondering what happened, I move there to see two Sharken beating on my harpoons alongside three Ogres. Ragequit and blew all of my mana upgrading only damage on my countess's armor putting me up to about 2500 from 1900. Yaaay, Sharken ran THROUGH Ogres once again.

Possible with low 1000's my foot.

Drop your Steam ID in a PM towards me and I'll help you build it so you can sit from 23 to 25, good luck. :D

Hahaha. Saddest moment? Crashes just as you see a supreme drop.
But yeah, oneshot crystal deaths are sucky. Should not be allowed.

Duos Aqua, unable to kill boss. Worst, moment, ever.

What you can do here is use a summoner and place all of the minions (Archer or Mage) near the boss spawn, throw a buff beam under them and then sit there. Mages will heal you while you just unload your damage on the boss.

What you can do here is use a summoner and place all of the minions (Archer or Mage) near the boss spawn, throw a buff beam under them and then sit there. Mages will heal you while you just unload your damage on the boss.

Doesn't work out like that when all your MU is being used else where, and the boss 1 shots you. Worth a try with friends who can take a hit, though :p

Duos Aqua, unable to kill boss. Worst, moment, ever.

You just stated how me, my Gf and our friend beat Misty on NM. I threw a minimum of summons to take care of spiders and one mage on each path and the rest surrounding where she spawns. She ended up concentrating on a single archer with the rest machine-gunning her back and sides.

My saddest moment is when I was farming for a good Lemurian Halberd—my first run, someone gets a Lemurian Halberd. A supreme one.

I got trash and still haven't gotten anything worth it. :(

My saddest moment is when I was farming for a good Lemurian Halberd—my first run, someone gets a Lemurian Halberd. A supreme one.

I got trash and still haven't gotten anything worth it. :(

It's hard to handle situations like that, I usually just ask to buy it from them, if not, oh well. Luck only happens from time to time.

Thing that bothered me wasn't even that it was a one shot kill.

What bothered me was that our defenses were perfectly sound. The archer took a random pot shot at the defense, it flew over the top and hit the crystal. Losing because I ****ed up, or my gear wasn't good enough yet, I can handle. Losing because of stuff I can't control and random chance, not so much.

A friend of mine is still annoyed at the fact every staff he finds for his apprentice that could be more damaging than his has over 128 Charge Speed, rolls over, and is therefore useless. Seriously Trendy stat rollovers are not funny the monk is the only one who's weapons dont get screwed by them on a regular basis.

In recent memory I would say mine is wave 1 Karathiki NM solo, watching Orcs damage the crystal quite badly because the 1 random Djinn has sufficient HP and priority to hold the attention of the few towers you can build in wave 1 and letting the Orcs through.

Seriously Trendy stat rollovers are not funny the monk is the only one who's weapons dont get screwed by them on a regular basis.

Nope, they get screwed by lack of extra projectiles. I seem to see quite a few supremes with nearly perfect stats except for the missing extra projectiles.

Solo Nightmare Treasure Hunt was a daunting challenge, but I thought it could be doable if I spent the first two waves laborously collecting enough mana to upgrade my towers and traps to starry level. This gets to the final wave at long last, but the attention divided between finding goldies and fending off ogres leads to a stealth ogre tower kill. While said stealth ogre was dispatched, I was stuck in my Huntress form, and could not rebuild the phyiscal defenses, which lead to harder ogre kills, which lead to more damaged towers, which didn't lead to more goldie collecting, which lead to dead crystal.

• 2 weeks later...
Doing ramparts nm hc survival for the 3rd time in a row and getting disconnected from steam at wave 24 each time. This was before the mob counts were lowered and you could not start from greater than 8th wave.

Doing Misty NMHC survival while solo, found a nice trans upgrade. Wanted to equip it right away, hit "G" instead of "F".

*clicks Like* Oh wait..

*clicks Like* Oh wait..

I acknowledge your "like" and in return I also "like" your post.

I had a somewhat depresing moment last week. While starting on ranked again I did my usual dropping equipment to switch it to another character faster. As I dropped the last piece of my main tower set I got disconnected. Unfortunately I wasn't in the tavern, I was in a survival build phase so I effectively lost about 6 hours of progress in finding and upgrading my armour.

My first ranked Disconnect experience and needless to say I am going to be much more careful with my equipment from now on.