Seeking info on current DD gameplay

Hi everyone!

I played back when the game first came out. I left DD ages ago when they decided to try and add end-game content. I think the last map added back then was the Monster Rush or something(?). I have been thinking of playing again but have a question...

Last I played, end game didn't really exist unless you could do hours and hours on Survival missions (I think Survival Alchemy was popular). Is this still the case?

The gear jump after the campaign was rather insane back then and I found it too hard to continue. I think my best gear was level 42 and hardcore players had over 100+. I loved the Campaign and was a shame to leave. It was as if the game changed to be all about gear over map tactics and the fun was sucked out of me.

Cheers for any update! :countess:

Mistymire and Uber monsterfest 2.0 (Lifestream hollow) were added just before you left.

End game gear has come a long way. we're in supreme and those are maybe 1 or 2 for every wave when on wave 20-35.

Stats can reach outrageous amounts. Some players have about 3000 in each stat. 4000 in one stat is possible now.

Common survival would be any of the new Shards DLC maps. They reward high in both mana and XP.

If you bought the shards pass NM mode is a way to go on getting that 100+ upgrade loot. do spires wave 1 then open the chests.

[QUOTE]Last I played, end game didn't really exist unless you could do hours and hours on Survival missions (I think Survival Alchemy was popular). Is this still the case?[/QUOTE]Yes and no. Survival is still part of endgame, however, the time required to play survival has been drastically reduced. Enemy counts were reduced across the board on all survival maps, and much more recently, the number of enemies added for multiple players was drastically reduced (the more players, the more substantial the change).

Beyond that, you have a lot more levels to play on and choose from as well as a lot more challenges. So there's a lot more variety than there was when the game was new.

The newer levels on insane have helped bridge the nightmare gap a lot. Summoner has also helped bridge that gap by essentially increasing the amount of defenses you can have. It is MUCH easier and somewhat more straightforward to advance now than it was back then.

There's also a bunch of people that level up their characters in Bonus: Glitterhelm Caverns on Insane, so you can join their game and get power-leveled.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like Ill be getting back into DD then. I had so much fun last time.

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like Ill be getting back into DD then. I had so much fun last time.

Cheers.

Leave a link with your Steam ID and I'm sure some people would be willing to help you out.