Barbarian request and All classes request

I note that the barbarian can hold left click to swing left weapon and right click to swing right weapon. Noting that almost everytime a barbarian plays, he or she is going to hold both mouse buttons to perform the attack that gives the additional slice. Please make this simply bound to the left click button. While I understand that a player may want to swing a single weapon, the odds are that the player is going to want to inflict the highest DPS as possible. Also, there are plenty of times where the left and right mouse buttons are pressed, but the attack doesn't engage correctly, causing issues in high crowd situations. If I were to be biased, I would suggest make the right click perform a block similar to the Squire (barbarians do block you know...I mean, Conan doesn't take a sword across the chest too often), but if not, perhaps allow the Barbarian bind one of his skills to the right click.
Having said that, I would also ask you to consider not just letting the Series EV player class press X to switch weapons, but letting all player classes do this. While the barbarian would not get much use out of this, it would help huntress types choose from individual damage weapons to area affect damage weapons. It could allow classes to choose between a weapon better for fighting vs. making traps.
Beyond that, you could add the space bar to allow exiting menus (because Diablo and Torchlight feature that, and since the game borrows from hack and slash games in its hybrid mix, I think it might be a bit more intuitive).

Thx!

F

This would not be so good though if all the classes had 2 weapons because the barbarian has no towers so it is ok but if you get huntress to have 2 weapons her traps would be super over powered. The same goes with all other builders. EV is special in her towers are already not great unless put together with other class towers. As for the barbarian left and right weapons, the block would be pretty sweet.

I actually like all the ideas kinda,

Barbarian could just be a toggle in options possibly, but I dont think the block would ever happen, whats the point anyway with Turtle (if you say no mana at times, that is player fault not the mechanics)

I would have no issues with huntress/alt with having 2 weps, although again unlikely to ever happen, it wouldn't overpower traps at all since its very simple to change the damage ramp etc.

As with wep swaps, although id like it, once you get a somewhat end-game weapon or 2 its pretty obvious when you find an upgrade, since your holding out for map specific supremes/trans usually or challenge reward weps. I know this would add something maybe to lower lvls, but again, on easy>insane there is no weapon damage scaling so just get any wep type you fancy and max them out, that will last till you get a myth anyways, then its as above. (Same can be said for pets)

Maybe its more about giving newer players information on actually how to progress faster, what to do with mana at lower lvls etc

This would not be so good though if all the classes had 2 weapons because the barbarian has no towers so it is ok but if you get huntress to have 2 weapons her traps would be super over powered. The same goes with all other builders. EV is special in her towers are already not great unless put together with other class towers. As for the barbarian left and right weapons, the block would be pretty sweet.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that all classes dual wield, but basically all classes have a changeable weapon like the EV class does. It's quite intuitive as many other games have this feature with their player classes. Even the engine for which the game is built on allows you to have multiple weapons, right? I'm only asking for each player to have one they can switch to should they wish. I'm not asking that each player can use other player class weapons, but only the ones they can use (which differs from the EV as it gets to use the Huntress and magic user's weapons). I'm also not asking that the weapons "stack" the abilities of the two weapons they will have to interchange. I'm stating that once the player wields their weapon, those stats become active. This would be no different than running the stash and changing out weapons, and that removes any weight to the statement that this would overpower a huntress's traps, or really anyone elses.

Barbarian could just be a toggle in options possibly, but I dont think the block would ever happen, whats the point anyway with Turtle (if you say no mana at times, that is player fault not the mechanics)

I would have no issues with huntress/alt with having 2 weps, although again unlikely to ever happen, it wouldn't overpower traps at all since its very simple to change the damage ramp etc.

As with wep swaps, although id like it, once you get a somewhat end-game weapon or 2 its pretty obvious when you find an upgrade, since your holding out for map specific supremes/trans usually or challenge reward weps. I know this would add something maybe to lower lvls, but again, on easy>insane there is no weapon damage scaling so just get any wep type you fancy and max them out, that will last till you get a myth anyways, then its as above. (Same can be said for pets)

Maybe its more about giving newer players information on actually how to progress faster, what to do with mana at lower lvls etc

I do agree with you on the block vs. the turtle. I'm just trying to think what could be useful for the barbarian's right click ability. I do think that it couldn't !hurt! for the barbarian to have a block as the squire gets one, and really, the squire is not play balanced with the other characters. I was merely thinking why not make it a block if not make it use one of his abilities.

My main point is that holding two butons for a constant useful attack isn't very ergonomic in the means of using the character. One may feel free to disagree, but that is what it is...a disagreement. Obviously, I'm living with the choice of the developers as I use the character, but I voiced my opinon of such which is the purpose of this thread. Noting that the barbarian is pretty much a support character due to not having traps, I feel that it would be a bit more enjoyable if the controls were not so cumbersome. One could argue that upon purchasing a barbarian, they were forced into using the awkward controls he has, but all I'm stating is that I don't see the use of having alternate buttons noting that most barbarians are going to use the alternate attack, so why not bind it.

On second thought, I am going to disagree. The block prevents a player from attacking and he or she can block for a reduced damage chance. The turtle allows the player to attack. So there is that. Turtle is great for jumping in a crowd and making a push, but you will not do any push with a block.

I get that and im with you all the way on that idea of one button hold for the main attack combo, I just dont think everything else you said has much of a chance ;)

Edit: Try Turtle with maxxed resists Barb, there really is no use for it, why would you ever use it over turtle? You just listed its negatives as a positive? :p

If you do add weapons swap for barb, can you add pet swap for summoner? having to unequip pets to change just one is a pain between the buttocks.

I get that and im with you all the way on that idea of one button hold for the main attack combo, I just dont think everything else you said has much of a chance ;)

Edit: Try Turtle with maxxed resists Barb, there really is no use for it, why would you ever use it over turtle? You just listed its negatives as a positive? :p

May not have a chance....thus is the suggestions forum, so I thought I would suggest. Also, I fail to see me listing a negative aa a positive, so be specific and we can discuss. Here again, I'm thinking of rational options. Turtle is useful. Block is useful. A block is not magical. Is good for low management situations and they exist beyond failure of player based on challenge. Again, I'm not sold on block, but it is an option.

On second thought, I am going to disagree. The block prevents a player from attacking and he or she can block for a reduced damage chance. The turtle allows the player to attack. So there is that. Turtle is great for jumping in a crowd and making a push, but you will not do any push with a block.

Please don't triple post in the future. Next time, edit your original post, thanks!

The block prevents a player from attacking - Negative to Block
he or she can block for a reduced damage chance - Positive to block although turtle also reduces dmg just not 100%
The turtle allows the player to attack - negative to block
Turtle is great for jumping in a crowd and making a push, but you will not do any push with a block. - negative to block

So the only point is for the 100% block damage, you have turtle (and Syphon) to make incoming damage meaningless, tornado to get out of the situation fast, lightning stance to stun mobs around you, Hawk Stance/Pound to clear mass amounts of mobs around you, dont forget a pet aswell for whatever utility you require (you could also battle leap to a base spider spawn to get away, although tricky too)

I just dont see any situation where you would need 'block'

What would you rather have?

you have turtle (and Syphon) to make incoming damage meaningless

Yes, both of which require mana to use, and both which can not be used for a prolonged period of time due to eventual mana consuption due to the high amounts of mana it will use as it is stays active for a long time. This seems completely fair as it would unbalance the game for how powerful it makes the character. I would like to also add, that you do not always have these abilities as in the assault campaigns, turtle is not available.

tornado to get out of the situation fast,

Squire has blood rage to do the same, so this point is moot.

lightning stance to stun mobs around you,

This costs mana AND life, so this is pretty irrelevant.

Hawk Stance/Pound to clear mass amounts of mobs around you

I'm discussing the right click, and while I understand how you are trying to describe how the barbarian doesn't need another defensive ability, but you obviously do not have to use it. I'm not interested in discussing the entirety of the barbarian other than I want the functionality of the left and right mouse buttons simply moved to the left button. So choose what you would rather have the right mouse button do.

(you could also battle leap to a base spider spawn to get away, although tricky too)

I'm not understanding what you are saying. If you are saying you can do a battle leap out of spider entanglements, I'll have to try it, but again, if you don't want the "block" for the barbarian, why not discuss what you DO want the right click to do?