Why does no one PVP?

As many people get into the end-game I still notice that people are continuously running survival to get stoopid ammounts of mana and have stoopid amounts of high end gear they never use, as well as pets. Get into PVP already!

its not balanced very well. most PvPers seem to be using hacked gear or the TOP NOTCH gear in game. PvP just doesn't fit the style DD is.

Well like I said PVP is usually for end-game so people will have great gear. But if you think its unbalanced then suggest to trendy what should be changed, I really want to get PVP to become a thing now because we don't have much left of this game until Trendy takes a break after ES4 so I am trying to get the word around for people to start PVPing

Well like I said PVP is usually for end-game so people will have great gear. But if you think its unbalanced then suggest to trendy what should be changed, I really want to get PVP to become a thing now because we don't have much left of this game until Trendy takes a break after ES4 so I am trying to get the word around for people to start PVPing

i honestly dont know if its balanced or not. some people have been playing for 1000 hours, they still have yet to even get a full sureme set. I just don't find PvP fun. you either pub stomp, or you get your *** handed.

Yeah but a mythic set will be fine in PVP as long as you have goo resistance. It is alot of fun and has so much potential though. I feel like if people would put in their suggestions to trendy then it could become another half to the game like PVP is ment to be.

I just don't think that the game really has a PvP vibe to it as it is. The classes don't seem to be made with it in mind. /shrug.

I have zero interest in PvP in Dungeon Defenders, I have other games for that. If you like it, cool.

For PVP to work a smarter system needs to be made for equipment. For example, pre-leveled items that auto equip based on class and level when entering a PVP map. That way everyone gets the same gear. It would sort of have to be like the Arena armor sets in WoW, that were specifically for PVP and nothing else.

That being said it leaves actual PVP to skills of the player. But I think a PVP total conversion might be the best way to go. Keeps equipment and tower nerfs out of the core game mechanics. Something I -always- hated about WoW patches when I used to play. They'd nerf skills/abilities simply because of PVP and not the standard playing format and broke their class mechanics ALL the time.

Once again PVP is usually for end-game I don't think equipment is the issue. But lets make this hypothetical and say everyone who plays pvp has high end trans gear and supreme weapons, because lets face it a supreme set is rare. Once you have good gear people still don't play PVP. As OP said above he doesn't think they made characters with PVP in mind, but I think that PVP just goes hand in hand with being able to play survival. Instead of going up against hordes, one player is a horde if you understand me. The thing I want to know is why people aren't playing PVP instead of farming. Is farming the only end-game we have?

Played PvP twice against people with similar gear to me. Not doing it again, it just dosent work in this game (It turned into a 1-shot kill-fest both times...).

The tower defense PvP was better, but:
A) Its on Karathiki which is a rediculously annoying map. A mirrored magus quarters or an actual map designed for it would have been better.
B) Mobs arent balanced against the gear of the defender. Comes back to not having standardized PvP equipment.

People do it from time to time (I just got out of some CTF.

The main problem ignoring all other aspects on CTF in particular: The Portal gun works when you have the flag.

This would be like in Unreal Tournament, if you could use the translocator while carrying the flag to warp back to base for an instant score.

Not even sure if summoners can pvp. Didn't seem like I could do anything except healing in that one pvp map and pets are disabled in there as well.

Because PVP on this game isn't good! lol It's just a good teamwork game that's it! not PVP!!

have you ever played PVP and not just the frostdale ones?

Not even sure if summoners can pvp. Didn't seem like I could do anything except healing in that one pvp map and pets are disabled in there as well.

Actually summoner mininos are very powerfull in pvp if you have 1k in minion health your minions have millions of hp

I don't because PvP (in this game) is lame for all the stated reasons. I'm ok with that; I'd rather Trendy keep on doing what they are doing and not concern themselves with PvP.

I don't because PvP (in this game) is lame for all the stated reasons. I'm ok with that; I'd rather Trendy keep on doing what they are doing and not concern themselves with PvP.

So then what happens when you get all the achievments and the best gear and pets for all your chars? Just stop playing? Or will you be taking breaks in between the new DLC? I for one need PVP because in the end-game I don't want to be afk for hours in survival...

A total conversion mod would be the best way to get proper PVP. New Hero Skills to replace tower building ones, and maps designed for the play style. And with some good scripting a way to balance out Gear/Player level (no one shot kills.)

You have to use minions. Their damage and health is drastically increased, which makes up for your inability to attack directly or control them directly. They still move too slow though =\

Summon speeds are increasd but the hardest part of being summoner in pvp is getting any minions out.

So then what happens when you get all the achievments and the best gear and pets for all your chars? Just stop playing?

Option A: Play lame PvP
Option B: Do something else

:ogre:

i hate pvp,this is more of a teamwork game,trendynet adding pvp was a mistake

what about it do you hate? I think that pvp in this game has so much potential.

some1 has already said,its because when you pvp your always gonna find some with better equipment then you meaning you'll never win,so whats the pint in playing

So then what happens when you get all the achievments and the best gear and pets for all your chars? Just stop playing? Or will you be taking breaks in between the new DLC? I for one need PVP because in the end-game I don't want to be afk for hours in survival...

I come back when new content is out and I check out something else. I didn't buy this game for PvP purposes and I'm not expecting Trendy to try and keep me playing forever.

Also, AFKing last waves of survival?

i hate pvp,this is more of a teamwork game,trendynet adding pvp was a mistake
It's not a mistake. Nobody's forcing you to play it if you don't like it. It's there for the people that do want to play it.

[QUOTE]some1 has already said,its because when you pvp your always gonna find some with better equipment then you meaning you'll never win,so whats the pint in playing [/QUOTE]Someone having better equipment than you doesn't mean you always lose. Granted, if the difference is really large it can happen, yes, but that's why you either play with people who have gear of similar quality, or strip all your gear and play naked.

[QUOTE=Alhanalem; or strip all your gear and play naked.[/QUOTE]

=O My god why did I not think of this b4