* Lots of behind-the-scenes Shards 4 / Finale work...

So, is it just me, or does it seem like TE is hyping Shards 4 as the final big update to the game? If so, I would be kind of disappointed! This is a fun game, and wouldn't mind seeing further updates and tweaks, especially now that there is the Summoner/RTS platform for them to build off of. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I assume finale refers to the finale of the shards chain.

They aren't going to stop making DLC as long as we keep buying it.

I would think so, but it almost seemed like they were hinting at it in the Digest, too! I suppose we'll wait and see.

What's a real shame is how the forums aren't ablaze about the steam workshop getting implemented. That's, ah, a major boon to the game actually.

It's not the final update to the game, and not the final content for the game -- it's just our next big thing and we're excited about getting it into your hands :)

Cheers,
Jer

What's a real shame is how the forums aren't ablaze about the steam workshop getting implemented. That's, ah, a major boon to the game actually.

There better be some awesome creations if/when this gets implemented!

exciting = flying gobbos

sweet.

And we'll have Croc saving those Gobbos. Wait, wrong thing and game. ;)

I for one have one or two fun ideas to execute following the map design contest :D

About that steam workshop...Is it gonna be implemented on Mac at all?

YES INDEED! :D
The upcoming DunDef update which brings Steam Workshop also enables Mod creators to cook for Mac (in fact, automatically does it), so that all the Mod Maps can be run on Mac too!

(you still can only DEVELOP Mod content on PC though, because the corresponding Unreal Editor tools are entirely PC-centric)

-Jer

The upcoming DunDef update which brings Steam Workshop also enables Mod creators to cook for Mac (in fact, automatically does it), so that all the Mod Maps can be run on Mac too!

(you still can only DEVELOP Mod content on PC though, because the corresponding Unreal Editor tools are entirely PC-centric)

-Jer

now that's one heck of a phat wewt! :D

Will it be possible for us to see client side HUD mods that we can use in ranked at some point? Or would we only be able to see those in open?

-Jer

Huzzah!

Is this (Steam Workshop) gonna include a major update to DDDK?

It's currently still on version 7.30, and doesn't include most DLC content in a form modders can at least playtest against. If I want to test a map on Nightmare, or using new classes, I have to fully cook the mod and port to the main game (fairly large timesink, my laptop isn't that fast. And it also means console comands can't be used to skip waves etc.) The new items from DLC don't have archetypes, so we can't balance custom loot against those - accessories aren't even in DDDK at all (and they're core content, so why not?)

If I want to mod the functionality of new classes, while some info is available (ability/defense .uc files) the character archetypes aren't, same for new mobs - so rebalance tweaks are annoying to do as well.

I know that Trendy don't want to include DLC content in DDDK for fear that somebody might release that content as a mod, but what we do have in DDDK isn't enough to balance mod content against anything but the core content without a whole load of work, and if we want to mod DLC content at all, it's pretty much not gonna happen. This is a major turn-off for people that want to mod the game seriously, which is why the majority of what's been done is... a couple sonic-based costumes, some maps, and an auto-fire mod way back when which was essentially adopted by Trendy. There are some things I really want to be able to do, but with the current content, I just can't.