To: Whichever Trendy employee made the Valentine's Day "Sky O' Love" challenge...

You're an *******.

... Or a genius, I can't figure out which one yet.

But, well done, sir, well done. :D A stage worthy of being called a challenge.

It just need someone with a good resist, fairy, and smart thinking. I can do the building but hell no, takes forever, 3 hours x.x

By far the hardest thing i've done in this game... and is worthy of a larger trophy lol.

A dedicated crystal is a fairly large trophy.

My Magical Barricade would find it easier to solo NM Kraken, than it would be for me to ever finish that blasted map.

ech, it's not so bad.
You'll want 4 players, though.
3 * aura on crystals. 3 * harp behind each. Reflect walls around each crystal.
One ranged DPS on each crystal upgrading and protecting (take DPS pets, but not monkeys).

The other 2 take opposite ends of the bridge, with fairys/imps/non-damage pets.

when you see a gender mob, walk it across the bridge. 90% of the time, it's opposite spawned on the other side.
Just keep walking. Don't stop. Ignore stuff hitting you. Fairy will keep you alive. Once you match them, kill all the stuff annoying you.

The trick with archers is to walk just far enough ahead that they don't start drawing their arrow, but not so far that they lose track of you. And to match them, make sure you both stand together (although not between them, or they'll never meet).

It takes forever. It's not hard, just boring.

ech, it's not so bad.
You'll want 4 players, though.
3 * aura on crystals. 3 * harp behind each. Reflect walls around each crystal.
One ranged DPS on each crystal upgrading and protecting (take DPS pets, but not monkeys).

The other 2 take opposite ends of the bridge, with fairys/imps/non-damage pets.

when you see a gender mob, walk it across the bridge. 90% of the time, it's opposite spawned on the other side.
Just keep walking. Don't stop. Ignore stuff hitting you. Fairy will keep you alive. Once you match them, kill all the stuff annoying you.

The trick with archers is to walk just far enough ahead that they don't start drawing their arrow, but not so far that they lose track of you. And to match them, make sure you both stand together (although not between them, or they'll never meet).

It takes forever. It's not hard, just boring.

Having not done this myself, can you explain why not monkeys?

Having not done this myself, can you explain why not monkeys?

a Monkey will snipe the gender mobs.

a Monkey will snipe the gender mobs.
Exactly.
Also, I forgot to mention walls. You'll want walls around the crystal too.

there is 2 good build in the guides section
u need at least 3 ppl, 4 is best
2 builders must setup initial defences at start - aurastacks and walls/buffs
2nd wave - poons and reflection walls around crystals (2 x 1 per crystal will suffice)
1/2 player upps defences, 2/3 do the matchmaking
the matchmaking ppl must use fairies for healing, a SEV with portal gun expertise will make it easier and faster (remember to up the ammo count on the portal gun, the portals will last longer)
matchmaking must take place on the long 'bridge'
last wave - 2 ppl with fairies doing the matchmaking, 2 with DPS pets wait for boss - stand far away from the bridge so ur pets dont wipe out the gender mobs
for boss, pair up 1 player dps pet + 1 with fairy
boss is a big softie and should not present much problems
that being said i dont want to see that map ever again
PS. a barfbag might be needed after 2-3 waves, play on low settings, otherwise u will suffer from dps lags and u wont be able to see anything

Personally, I found the portal gun more trouble than useful, but mileage may vary.
And the boss lasted about 10 seconds with a seapony. He's got about the same HP as the demon lord, to give you a rough idea of challenge.
So, yeah, if you can't take down the demon lord super easily, don't waste 2 hours matchmaking first.

You don't actually need four people. Took me just under an hour solo last time. I built monk auras first phase then just used a hybrid ev with ~1k stats to build rest and matched on the top bridge. Might be better with summoner now too.

It's hardly a proper challenge. Video games aren't supposed to make me want to rip out my own hair and eat it.

It's hardly a proper challenge. Video games aren't supposed to make me want to rip out my own hair out and eat it.

But it's a challenge. Challenges are like bonus content and they are supposed to be beyond the main game difficulty. You don't have to do it to progress, but some of us like to go the extra mile.

But it's a challenge. Challenges are like bonus content and they are supposed to be beyond the main game difficulty. You don't have to do it to progress, but some of us like to go the extra mile.

I agree to most extents, I've beaten every challenge on NM HC. Sky O Love however...that's on my blacklist. Not fun to me, just purely tedious. Tried 3 times, got close once, that was enough for me.

I realize this is just my opinion though, not trying to get off topic, just venting. :p

There was a guide in the guides section a while back, simple build using no harpoons.
Won first try with the first three people that joined and my build stats only 1.7k max :)
Took forever though :P

Good luck all (though I secretly hope you fail so my trophy and heart-shaped crystal stay rare :P )

The challenge is to figure out how to match the mobs in a reasonable amount if time. I actually think its an interesting addition as opposed to just defending crystals.

I loved the portal gun for this. As long as you make a pen, put the portal mid air so they drop into the pen and cant accidentally walk into it again, it takes a lot less time. Then just surround yourself with reflect beams for the boss and you're golden.

But it's still a pain in the *** map. I won't do that again.

It's hardly a proper challenge. Video games aren't supposed to make me want to rip out my own hair and eat it.

Ninja Gaiden NES. Dark Souls. ;^)

Never played either of them, but Dark Souls is coming to PC so I'll probably check it out then.

Also, Gothic 2 Gold deserves an honorable mention to that list.

Heh. Steel Battalion. If you didn't eject before your 'vertical tank' (mech) blew up, it deleted your savegame.

Am I the only one who has never even loaded the map at all? I have it, and it's ready to be played, but.. It just sounds to tedious.

You can go more recent than that with Mirror's Edge.

Am I the only one who has never even loaded the map at all? I have it, and it's ready to be played, but.. It just sounds to tedious.

It's not that bad, you should try it.