Hey interwebz, I'd just like to put forward a suggestion that I thought of today. I was in a random dungeon and I had an amazing looking (admittedly pink) hammer drop. (BTW my guy is only pink because I was showing it to a friend, who you can see in the next photo.) However, the stats weren't that good. It would be nice if I could give it the stats of another weapon I have (you can see it in both photos, the shield chainsaw thing). I'm betting this has happened to you, so what about if we could merge/combine weapons? This would create a weapon with the stats of one, and the appearance of the other. You could probably do this with pets as well. Any thoughts/improvements?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999682571/screenshot/649869707988466097?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999682571/screenshot/649869707988463909/?tab=public

I sort of agree, but you don't want the game getting clustered with useless stuff. And as I said the swing rates would be different
so the swing animations would like really weird :/

You could speed them up/slow them down, and it would still look pretty good. It has the added bonus of making people look like a badass swinging a giant *** hammer around. And the game wouldn't get cluttered with useless stuff, you would just use it instead of selling it, and you would still BE getting rid of 'useless stuff'.

EDIT: Anyways, you appeared in a picture, so you must agree :P

Certainly see where you are coming from and think it would be cool, but fear this might just over-complicate the game and potentially cause more issues that the Dev team spend so much time on for something that is purely visually pleasing for some people.

I like my char to look cool, but to be fair, in the heat of the battle when I'm surround by lots of mobs, the last thing I notice is my weapon.

I understand that its not a pressing issue, but if i find a good weapon, i dont want to put up with my guy waving an ugly club around his head for hours. DC Universe Online does this, and it works quite well.

I certainly understand where you're coming from, but the problem I see in addition to the different speeds of the weapons is their effective range. You have to assume that all these things were considered when balancing weapons. If you find a giant hammer with unbelievable reach it will hit all the mobs in front of you for a considerable distance and in a nice wide arc. Your Flamewarden, on the other hand, has really short range but has fast attack speed to give you enough swings to make up for that. If you combine the reach of the hammer with the speed of the shield, you just broke the game.

I dont want to combine MECHANICS of different weapons, i want to give the Flamewarden the LOOKS of that hammer. Because a hammer with the speed of a flamewarden and the AOE of a hammer would be broken.

I know I did appear in a picture without my permission which will be filed with a court order, but I do agree with Zenettii with the fact that its just over complicating the game with useless crap when what they should be fixing is the god damn squire with his level one 1637 damage bouncer towers!

(note: not actually bothered about how OP squire is. he is my main *wink wink*)

I know its not important, but it would be nice. And why are you so unhappy about the bouncer tower? OP or NOP?

(note: Why am i not surpised :P)