Genie King's Shard Staff

Does the Genie King's Shard Staff have a hidden multiplier? I have one that has 44 upgrades and it's base damage is somewhere around 1900 fully upgraded yet it's doing over 200k DPS when all projectiles hit. I have a Tsuda's that is over 2100 base and it's only doing around 60k when all the projectiles hit.

Can anyone explain why?

So there is no real reason? Hmm...The Undying Rod doesn't seem to be anything special over other staffs of equal ^s and damage, none of the others really do, just this particular one.

My Tsuda's doesn't even come close and it has higher base damage. It makes no sense really.

occulus and undying do do the same thing as the shard staff. all 3 have some absurd multiplier.

my undying rod has 2400 base and does 41k per shot ( ends up around 500k dps ) when fully charged at 350 hero damage.

if you look at all the stats, Undying rod and king staff are leaned more toward dps because of the hero stats being in the 20's. the oculus is more leaned toward the tower side with almosst 30's around. but with really high upgrade stuff, as of this point, could be used in anything really

It's the charge rate on the staffs.. Higher charge rate = higher dps.. I usually set my charge rate to around 30 b4 upgrading any damage

It's the charge rate on the staffs.. Higher charge rate = higher dps.. I usually set my charge rate to around 30 b4 upgrading any damage

This is false.

Cause each ball has an additional projectile, it's a bit hard to see on the console, but on the PC it's clear as day.
But I could be wrong.

The Shard staff has the same, if not a bigger spread than the Tsuda's. Each projectile just has a higher damage number than the Tsuda's.

Isnt this about the colored fireball issue? How some shots are supposed to be blue, and therefore worth more damage per individual shot, but there is some kind of error on PS3 that does not allow this to be seen or done properly (unlike PC counterpart)?

I may have this wrong, as I never fully understood that particular issue since I dont have acess to PC version of the game (goes in weeps in corner now - EV!!!!!! SUMMONER!!!!). I have noticed the same thing though, and summarily sold all TFC staffs off afterwards (and all non DLC staffs) as they cant hold a candle to the new staffs. Shame though as that means Apprentice only really has a small handful of viable high end staffs now (not just due to 100+ upgrades). Id love to see some more variety with his staffs, much like the projectile formations on DLC ones as that was a great addition. Ultimately I'd really like to see as much variation in weapons for each class as the Huntress fully enjoys in her class. Each one having a uniqueness enough to warrant playtime, besides simple visual asthetics. Unicorn Glaive is a example of a step in the right direction to me, in at least it has some difference albeit a hypocritical visual one, I know - but it looks so damn cool.