Sign in to follow this  
AmagicalFishy

On AFK Shop Floor Items

How do you guys go about getting people to add you for floor items in your shop? I've got a large weapon in front of the Tavern keeper w/ my SIDand a folder entitled "Floor Items" w/ my SID on it, but w/e I return, there are 2 - 3 people who say something like, "Is the host here? I want [item]," and no Steam invites.

I have had maybe two people add me and I run my shop daily, plus have my SteamID listed in my shop. Don't waste your time thinking people will ever be able to figure out how to add you.

I have sold almost everything off of my floor just from hopping on to see if people have said anything from time to time but that is mostly just luck of being around the computer when they happen to be there. There is really nothing you can do and that makes it exceedingly annoying.

I also have people complain about the floor items constantly with line such as "FFS HOST WHY NOT PUT YOUR PETS IN YOUR SHOP11!!1!!". I guess people don't realize that some items are simply worth more than the 600m limit.

Yeap people just don't realize. I come back after a couple hours and people are like... host, you there, how much for these boots, Shirt, etc. 0 steam invites.

Typically I just take time out every now and then and put a "blahblahblah Host is IN!"

sold most of my floor stuff this way.

even when people add me, most of the time its "how much 4 seahorse? I got 26 million mana is this enuf?"

I can't stand AFK floor shops, just put the damn item in your shop and be done with it. If it's worth more than the 600 mil limit then stay in your shop and advertise that it's in there. Why would I want to go through the trouble of adding someone to steam and having to arrange a meeting time just to buy an item when I could go to a different shop and buy a similar item straight from their inventory?

I've noticed a lot of people sure are bitter about it. If the shop owner is in and moving around, why add? Ive been ejected from games simply for asking how much they are looking to get out of an item...

I can't stand AFK floor shops, just put the damn item in your shop and be done with it. If it's worth more than the 600 mil limit then stay in your shop and advertise that it's in there. Why would I want to go through the trouble of adding someone to steam and having to arrange a meeting time just to buy an item when I could go to a different shop and buy a similar item straight from their inventory?

My shop is typically open for 7 - 10 hours at a time. Suggesting I'm there always to monitor whether or not, at most, 4 people want to buy my floor items is a reasonable and well-thought out suggestion.

you can easily find a similar stat item for a cheaper price if someone is wanting to sell over 600 mil if you cant your just not looking hard enough

also i hate when people ask if my floor items are for sale there clearly not never had title as floor item for sale either i just leave items out for extra storage

uh its happened. they got past spam filters!

Meh, just hit the report button and move on.

One of the problems is the fact that people think their way of doing things is the only way to do things.

An above poster said that anyone buying an item for over 600m isn't looking hard enough. That is all well and good, but a seller has the freedom to charge however much mana/tokens that they want. Likewise, a buyer has the freedom to only pay the price they are willing to pay. Don't be upset because some people sell items for over 600m when there are plenty of people paying over 600m for the items. People will always price their items around the price that they can sell them, so when people are easily getting 5+ tokens for even basic transcendent gear, expecting them to put it into their shop for 600m is rather unlikely.

Players can run their shop and price their items however they see fit. If they believe that all of their myth gear is worth 600m, they are free to do that. They just won't sell anything. Remember to exercise your own freedom of choice by continuing to not participate in floor based shops and only buying fairly priced items if that is important to you. If enough people do it, prices will drop, but people have so much mana and so many tokens these days, prices are extremely high.

This would be a far better game if only the community was more accepting of all views. I understand that some people dislike floor shops or any shops that sell items for more than the shop limit. That is completely up to them and they have every right to *feel* that way, but don't expect that everyone else has to feel that way too.

*Edit*
Forgot to mention as well, I don't hold it against the shopper for not wanting to take the time to add someone. I wouldn't bother to add someone from a shop either, but that is mostly because I hate talking to new people. I generally just assume they would be a rude person that I have no interest in talking to or negotiating with anyways. In this community, it's an easy assumption to make.

My shop is typically open for 7 - 10 hours at a time. Suggesting I'm there always to monitor whether or not, at most, 4 people want to buy my floor items is a reasonable and well-thought out suggestion.

If you host a shop that says in tittle that it's a floor shop and advertise the item in question you should have no problem having a flood of people in your shop within ten minutes. If it's worth a ridiculous amount you could sell it on the trade forums, utter garbage sells on the trade forums for 15-20+ tokens so it shouldn't be a problem to move a high end item and get far more than any person in game would consider paying for it.