the end is near, really!

say it ain't so Hitmonchan

such sad news

[quote]We'll have more information on our mysterious final hero class later this month.[/quote]
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?64576-Coming-This-Month-June-2012&p=506147

"finally" is such a sad word

no more heroes!
no more dlcs!
no new content!
no more patches!
no more anything!

are we being dumped?
was it something i said?
have we complained too much?
asked for too much?
haven't we been playing enough?
or buying enough?

i'm going to go home cry to mommy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Unless you're joking, it's pretty dumb to think there won't be any more patches. And, I would even doubt there won't be any more DLC, just no more extra Hero's, and Shards, but I am sure there will be other DLC.

I mean, you've got to expect them to stop making Heroes at some point, dude. This isn't League of Legends. ;) The Final Hero class just means there's going to be more focus on stages and content and such—but, all game slow down.

Seriously, read a bit more carefully. The jester is only the last CLASS. And there's only four lost shard episodes, did you expect it to go on forever? They're going to keep updating the game. They just won't make any more classes, and they're not making any more shard DLCs after this. There will still be DLC, and will still be new maps, patches, and everything else. Use some common sense.

"finally" is such a sad word

no more heroes!
no more dlcs!
no new content!
no more patches!
no more anything!

Making idea about one word is bad. "finaly" maybe beacuse first time Jester was confirmed long time ago :P BUT in my opinion Seam Workshop Integration is better reason to tell "end is near". Making costumes, weapons skins and maps by player can stop DLC. Something like "no more DLC but we integrate DD with workshop for new content added by player" :P

Making idea about one word is bad. "finaly" maybe beacuse first time Jester was confirmed long time ago :P BUT in my opinion Seam Workshop Integration is better reason to tell "end is near". Making costumes, weapons skins and maps by player can stop DLC. Something like "no more DLC but we integrate DD with workshop for new content added by player" :P

so you are saying we are at the end of the beginning and the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning and the beginning of a new beginning?

so you are saying we are at the end of the beginning and the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning and the beginning of a new beginning?

Just as Smashing Pumpkins put it in a song.

I'm not so entirely sure about 'last DLCs'. I'm sure that even with user-intergrated content Trendy can find some pretty awesome ideas to translate into content in their own right, and not every DLC has to be a holiday DLC like Halloween was. Sure, DD is pretty heavy in content in comparison to some games, but personally all of it thus far has been worth it, and I'm sure that when DD does finally slow down, they're surely be at least free to work on another project by that point.

Please, Trendy, continue supporting this game. Put some energy into tweaking Community maps for ranked play, and develop an actual, full, campaign-length... campaign. a full expansion with new maps, new challenges and the like, and release it as a full expansion instead of individual DLCs. Even following the standard 4 maps + boss.

Heck, as it is right now, if you do up one more official post-campaign "campaign" map, you can add a boss into it (Glitterhelm, City in the Cliffs, mining complex... maybe the Jester's map will include a boss? that'd make it number 4..).

Releasing them even in packs of 3 standard + 1 boss map would keep the progression going happy, and would keep people buying it, able to choose just the mini-campaigns they want, without always having to buy them all.

I'm actually sad that QftLES is only a series of 4 core maps, and doesn't have themed feeder maps leading to each boss level.

Not sure if continuing DLC support pays back to the team, but I'd like some "Ethernal Etheria" pack. Raise level cap tp 200, remove upper limit for drops, add equivalent challnges. Or way to create a new challenge, like options "x2, x3, x5, x10" enemy HP. Let players play indefinitelly ;)

I'd like to see a mode that just lets you do an endless survival. keep up as survival is now, but just have it continue to scale forever. every 5 levels, the challenge increases, monsters get faster, more HP, more damage, and better drops. No real variation needed, it just keeps getting harder at a determined rate, with a fixed % buff to mob stats per boost, applied globally.

I'd rather hope this means Trendy focus on improving each character's specific gameplay, like releasing add-on packages for each character that let you choose new defenses for them, but... we'll see.

We definitely need at least one more MU character imo, so if Jester's the last class, I hope it's an MU class.