lots of failed to join messages, please give detailed message like wrong version, ect

lots of failed to join messages, please give detailed message like wrong version, ect

that is what i figured the problem is, but with just failed to joined it's hard to be sure.

Same here. Game's been perfectly playable up until just about 5 minutes ago when I've been unable to join anyone's game. I can still host my own (but nobody can join) and connect to Ranked just fine, so yeah...not sure what's going on.

The patch has been out for a few hours now, no? I don't think it's a game version problem by now. I could be wrong because I only got back just now.

I validated my cache just now and got 9 files that were reacquired. Gonna try again.

Yeah, verify the integrity of your game cache, that fixed it for me. Guess Steam didn't completely download the last patch right.

My friend and I can't even join each others games. It just says 'Connection to Host timed out'. It was working just fine before this patch! It's very unusual, for both of us, when we try to join each others game, it freezes the hosts screen when that person is trying to connect. Then it goes back to normal but still wont allow us to join. How frustrating.

I have been having this too for the past few hours. Restarting client worked....until I disconnected from host and received that message again for trying to join another room.

My husband and I are having pretty much the same problem with a little twist.

We are both on the same router, in the same house. Only one of us can connect to games/matches at a time. Neither of us could join each others privately/publicly hosted games. Always said 'Connection to host time out.' We couldn't even play online through the non-TrendyNet option.

Only conclusion I could come to in our particular situation was that for some reason Dungeon Defenders won't allow us both to play on TrendyNet or LAN. Been having multitudes of these kinds of messages and I've only had this game for a few days D: I really want to love it, I really, really do. After spending two hours trying to troubleshoot this issue I fear my husband won't want to buy the DLC any more. In fact, sounds like I might have a difficult time getting him to play at all after today. He works 3rds so spending 2 hours of his pre-grave yard shift time was too much.

No crashes so no error files to add.

Edit:
We tried-
Changing his user name on Steam since it had a \ in it.
The -tpc or whatever.
Verifying our Steam cache at the same time.
He even uninstalled his because during his purchase he had a weird error and never got his receipt but the game was added to his directory. Still didn't work after reinstall.

Guess that leads to something in the recent update (yesterday I believe) causing some kind of issue.

My husband and I are having pretty much the same problem with a little twist.

We are both on the same router, in the same house. Only one of us can connect to games/matches at a time. Neither of us could join each others privately/publicly hosted games. Always said 'Connection to host time out.' We couldn't even play online through the non-TrendyNet option.

Only conclusion I could come to in our particular situation was that for some reason Dungeon Defenders won't allow us both to play on TrendyNet or LAN. Been having multitudes of these kinds of messages and I've only had this game for a few days D: I really want to love it, I really, really do. After spending two hours trying to troubleshoot this issue I fear my husband won't want to buy the DLC any more. In fact, sounds like I might have a difficult time getting him to play at all after today. He works 3rds so spending 2 hours of his pre-grave yard shift time was too much.

No crashes so no error files to add.

Edit:
We tried-
Changing his user name on Steam since it had a \ in it.
The -tpc or whatever.
Verifying our Steam cache at the same time.
He even uninstalled his because during his purchase he had a weird error and never got his receipt but the game was added to his directory. Still didn't work after reinstall.

Guess that leads to something in the recent update (yesterday I believe) causing some kind of issue.

It is the same exact issue I am having.. I hope it is fixed soon.

We do know of the issue and are looking into it. We haven't been able to fully pinpoint the issue but it's looking related to the Steam client that is having problems. There are some other Steam multi-player games that started running into issues like we've seen at the same time we did. Hopefully we can get this fixed for you as soon as possible because I know how annoying this bug can be.

We do know of the issue and are looking into it. We haven't been able to fully pinpoint the issue but it's looking related to the Steam client that is having problems. There are some other Steam multi-player games that started running into issues like we've seen at the same time we did. Hopefully we can get this fixed for you as soon as possible because I know how annoying this bug can be.

Thanks for the reply IceArrow!

• 7 months later...
Sorry to necro this thread but it's the same issue. Up until this morning my wife could join games I hosted (we are on the same network) now suddenly she gets simply "failed to join game"

We both have the same version
I can join her hosted games (but she cannot host nightmare)
I added -tcp to load options
I removed both local firewalls and the router's
I repaired cache on mine(stated 3 files were corrupted)
I tried to repair cache on hers and it sits at 0% indefinately

Sorry to necro this thread but it's the same issue. Up until this morning my wife could join games I hosted (we are on the same network) now suddenly she gets simply "failed to join game"

We both have the same version
I can join her hosted games (but she cannot host nightmare)

Does she own the "Shards Four-Pack"? You need that to host NM.

Did she or you use the recent Humble Bundle Steam key? May people has said that if they use that, they have to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. That verifying the game cache isn't enough.

I added -tcp to load options
I removed both local firewalls and the router's
I repaired cache on mine(stated 3 files were corrupted)

That can be normal, because Trendy has Steam manage the config files. That means that if you change the game's config, the config files are "corrupted" (changed).

I tried to repair cache on hers and it sits at 0% indefinately

Ya. Try deleting the game from inside of Steam and redownloading it. If you want to save bandwidth, make a backup of the game on your computer, using the Steam Backup and restore it on hers, instead of redownloading.