Sign in to follow this  
nanaki658

best choice for dps character?

So i have a full set of builders that i can get into the 20's for waves on aquanos survival. Now i would like to make a dps character. I have heard ranged monk is amazing but im also curious about dps squires for the block acting as walls and being able to tank ogres and sharks with block if it gets dicey during a wave just to give the poons a chance to catch up. Im not really fond of huntress so id like to avoid it unless she really is the BEST choice for a dps char. I also dont want a dps mage.

Any suggestions, input, or thoerycrafting would be much appreciated!

good builds usually use str drains to help walls last longer. With a monk dps, i think you'll find that those str drain auras will allow you to tank ogres and sharkens with ease with decent resistances.

dps monk + seahorse + hero boost = OP as **** :>

good builds usually use str drains to help walls last longer. With a monk dps, i think you'll find that those str drain auras will allow you to tank ogres and sharkens with ease with decent resistances.

dps monk + seahorse + hero boost = OP as **** :>

what staff should i use for a DPS monk. im currently rocking a 235^ Nosferatu. Ranged

Nosferatus are great, but go for any staff with over 200^, and at least 200 in hero dmg, defense boost, and hero boost. This will give you maximum DPS with a good dps pet, even without the nosferatu's extra projectile.

a supreme/trans lance from aqua NMHC survival commonly has good hero dmg stats.

im a melee personally but if anything a supreme/trans lemurian halberd is the new way to go, especially with the strength drain auras meaning every shot counts

Boost Monk is best dps char. Barbarian is good on the ground but sucks for air.

Rotate Hero Boost & Tower Boost and your doing a lot of dps.

i would deffiently go for monk also, i usually run around with one, the boost + sea horse is just amazing plus if you are standing near towers, as ViciousXUSMC said rotate between em and you are good to go for quite a while =)

Personal fav is a boost monk ranged with a sea horse and the monk wep from aquanos keep swapping between tower and hero boost and your well away have fun and good luck!

what staff should i use for a DPS monk. im currently rocking a 235^ Nosferatu. Ranged

Look for a loldrop staff from any of the Shards maps (for those unaware, loldrops refer to the map specific weapon drops on Shards maps. They tend to roll very high stats). The one I'm currently using is some Hydrospear from Aqua with 400+ to Hero DPS, Hero Boost, and Tower Boost. The staff itself doesn't do huge damage since it's only 5 projectiles and 240^, but the stat boosts actually up my DPS more than the 300^ Lemurian halberd I tested. It should be noted that I'm talking combined DPS of me and my Seahorse. A Lemurian or Nosferatu will do more weapon damage, but considering my pet does 12-15x as much DPS as I do I care more about boosting him.