Sign in to follow this  
lolofaf

[HELP] Talay Mining Complex

So, me and a bunch of friends have been trying for over 2 hours and havent found a build. we did get past wave one ONCE, but then died. if anyone has any suggestions for first wave and then the ending build, please post so everyone can see. i know some people have done it, because, for one, this page:
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?64582-The-pet-rock

So, if anyone has any tips, please tell and help out everyone :P

It's a lot like karathiki, with wide chokes by most crystals and thinner ones farther from them. A few passages don't get mobs like city in the cliffs, mostly the northeast one and the stairs between the bottom mid and north crystals. I'd put down ensnare/str drain/elec auras first, then some ev walls if there are first wave ogres or gas traps if that's not a concern, and have at least 2 dps out for djinn and sharken. Focus on the north and the bottom mid crystals, the top east and top south crystals don't seem to get quite as bad. Second wave I'd put out gas traps and harps to kill ogres, and buff beams for extra aura range. North and bottom mid crystals should have 2 sets of auras I think, the other 2 crystals should be ok with one set and a few harps.

Like the other 6 player maps, this one seems easier with a couple dps instead of relying completely on towers. Summoner minions should help a lot, if you get the mana. The last wave seems to boost ogre health, prepare for that. This is all based on one attempt on nm and a clear of hard though.

I snapped this of the build that got me the campaign clear earlier: http://imgur.com/QsSWL

I know it's hard to see, but the important things are easily visible -- the walls and the gas traps. First build phase put down walls and gas and keep a DPS at easy crystal to hold it while your squire grabs mana and lays harps down. The rest was just buff beams and archers/mages as needed.

edit: The heavy crystal damage was from ogres on the first wave before we moved the walls out a little. After that we had no problems aside from the occasional gold wyvern. Also I'm not sure if it's due to the gas layout or if this map is just buggy, but Djinn were getting stuck in walls almost every wave. We spent a lot of time waiting for them to despawn.

so we beat the campaign. what we did is we had electric and str dr auras at each choke with a gas trap and wall. we also had 1 magic missile tower at each choke, a few 2 and i think 1 fireball and 1 harpoon somewhere. there were 3 archers and a mage at each choke.

it was rough but we got through it!

Yeah we did a pretty traditional wall & gass trap combo to hold off sharken and did auras to kill all the trash, then MM & Summons for air and ogers.

My no wall idea never got used but I think it will work better as we will have much more dps and not worry about walls to be pushed.