flash heal nerf ? you forgot to add it in patch notes ........

confirmed, from about 75k on EV walls to a depressing 15k...
I didn't even notice the difference, I thought I moved my mouse too far away from the wall or something.
Recharges next to no charges on traps, etc etc.

THANKS FOR HIDDEN NERF. THIS IS WHAT THE PATCH NOTES WERE FOR.
WOULD OF LIKED THE WARNING BEFORE I UPDATED

fml.
I'll go back to crying in a corner, hopefully this is all a dream and is fixed when I wake up....

Flash Heal heals a percentage of whatever you're healing's max HP, and only displays as much as it heals if that much would heal that thing to more than max hp.

Just an example, if Flash Heal is at the stats needed to heal 20%, a Minion has 100000 max hp and is at 90000, Flash Heal heals it for 10k; if the Minion is at 70000 hp, Flash Heal heals it for 20k. Another Minion with 50000 max hp heals for 10k at best with the same heal.

So are you certain you were using it under the same conditions? Using it with the same Tower/Minion/Hero Max HP, Flash Heal stats, with whatever you're healing at a low enough hp that the heal didn't get cut off?

So are you certain you were using it under the same conditions? Using it with the same Tower/Minion/Hero Max HP, Flash Heal stats, with whatever you're healing at a low enough hp that the heal didn't get cut off?

Tried again, appears to be nerfed by about 50% on walls, give or take... still, undocumented. point still stands.

It might be a glitch, too, you never know. Has Trendy ever ninja-nerfed anything like that before? Seems to me if they meant to do it they would have put it in the notes.

Good to bring this to people's attention either way, but give a little room to see if it was intentional or not before you start calling for blood.

Has Trendy ever ninja-nerfed anything like that before?

You must be new here? :queen:

Shouldn't have changed. We'll double-check by comparing it against an older revision here first thing tomorrow, and post the values we get between the two different versions. If it has changed for some reason, we'll fix it for tomorrow's hotfix.

-Jer

You must be new here? :queen:

Relatively. I haven't seen it happen to my knowledge in the, uh, 3-5 months or so I've been playing (and have been actively paying attention to the community for less time still).
It was phrased as a question for a reason, I've mostly seen trendy to be pretty darn nice/communicative as devs go (Though, I played ffxi for a good while, so I might just be really jaded).

Either way, it clearly wasn't an intentional nerf, if it has happened (haven't tested or paid enough attention to the numbers consistently to be able to tell), so I still feel fairly vindicated.

Actually, to be fair, in the last couple of months, there hasn't been much ninja-nerfing. But there used to be a LOT.
Sometimes it was a bug, caused by a change in something else having a knock-on effect (like this might be?).
Othertimes, it was studiously ignored until the screaming stopped and the next ninjanerf came (like the increase in negative physical resists on enchanted gear).
Still other times, they'd drop a nerf into the patch notes at the -very- last second (like, when moving it from upcoming patch notes to current patch notes). That was always fun to watch.

Actually, to be fair, in the last couple of months, there hasn't been much ninja-nerfing. But there used to be a LOT.
Sometimes it was a bug, caused by a change in something else having a knock-on effect (like this might be?).
Othertimes, it was studiously ignored until the screaming stopped and the next ninjanerf came (like the increase in negative physical resists on enchanted gear).
Still other times, they'd drop a nerf into the patch notes at the -very- last second (like, when moving it from upcoming patch notes to current patch notes). That was always fun to watch.

you forgot to add the famouse ninja apprentice nerf that they denyed for a week before adding it to the patch notes

Shouldn't have changed. We'll double-check by comparing it against an older revision here first thing tomorrow, and post the values we get between the two different versions. If it has changed for some reason, we'll fix it for tomorrow's hotfix.

-Jer

I see 7.36b has been submitted for release, but there's no mention of flash heal in the notes.

Is this a bug or nerf? Will it be reverted back to the way it was? Were the previous posters mistaken? What was the best thing before sliced bread? Why is a person who plays the piano is called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car is not called a racist?

We have tested it here and can not seem to find any difference with it compared to 7.35 (both by examining the underlying values and testing it in-game between the two versions). Is there is a certainty/consensus that it became weaker?

-Jer

I believe Dingle's explanation is probably valid. We've only been provided one person who claims it was reduced. That post has not provided clear examples of it having changed.

At my ranking of flash heal (currently 700) I'm seeing no difference at all in my healing. Perhaps at higher ranks its causing problems?

As far as 'ninja nerfs' go the only time I can think of people legitimately having a reason to whine was when squires were fixed in nightmare- but lets face it, someone with 1000 tower attack did not deserve to deal 1mil dps per harpoon with just an app guardian.

The only thing I'd say I'm unhappy with in the game atm is the fact that all high end drops are almost guaranteed to have a negative defense value- I haven't found an upgrade for my dps set in almost 2 months (and I'm barely at 1000 health and 1400 attack) Some really transcendant -% -% -% +1%.....

One Ninja Nerf reported to me is that Summoner can no longer summon more than one thing at the same time :D

And then check the patch notes for 7.36c -

* Summoner Opening Action Wheel no longer cancels summon in Overlord Mode -- note that before this rolls out, you can still Multi-Summon by pressing the Minion Summons Hotkey (default '6')

They consider the fixing of what I'd thought was a bug... to be a bug, so multi-summoning was intended?

And then check the patch notes for 7.36c -

* Summoner Opening Action Wheel no longer cancels summon in Overlord Mode -- note that before this rolls out, you can still Multi-Summon by pressing the Minion Summons Hotkey (default '6')

They consider the fixing of what I'd thought was a bug... to be a bug, so multi-summoning was intended?

Multi-summoning in Overlord mode is a feature, yes.

a barely usable feature because you cant summon the same type of minions multiple times^^
but compared to the slow summoning speed im fine that i can summon while repairing or summon another minion (like ogre and archer)

btw, i cant see any difference in flash heal too

Yeah I think its intended to be multi-summon so while your summoning say an ogre your not useless for half the wave :D it also encourages multi-tasking and gives a skill factor to make the difference between a good summoner and a bad one.

Summoners are a lot more about control and skill than stats just like a real rts.

That said summon rates are still painfully slow for somethings, I wish hero cast speed atleast had some effect even if it was as small as 20% boost as compared to normal.