* Sharken will no longer charge Minions & Djinn will no longer attempt to Desummon th

* Sharken will no longer charge Minions & Djinn will no longer attempt to Desummon them

Curious as to why... I'd like to say that this is not an omg-I-hate-please-remove thread. But I had just been getting used to leaving the odd archer our for sharken-bait and keeping an eye that no ground units got desummoned.

If it is in response to ground units not being able to stop the djin unsummoning them then maybe make them flee from a desummoning djin? Though then again things like bouncer blockades can't fight back when being desummoned so I am unsure as to how that could be the problem....

I quite liked the idea that djin could desummon my stuff just as fast as I could summon them if i wasn't careful and using archers to bait sharkens into hitting their heads seemed like a pretty nifty mechanic as opposed to a problematic one :P

Again, no hatred but maybe some explaination? :)

If it is in response to ground units not being able to stop the djin unsummoning them then maybe make them flee from a desummoning djin?

You can't flee from a desummoning djinn, the beam is infinite. That makes your personal army of ninjas useless (because you have to run around and find the djinn who is desummoning one of your ninjas), until this patch.

I think I'm in favor of not having to stick to certain minions in order to survive in nightmare, I like the versatility instead of worrying about Djinn's snuffing out my minions without a fight because I didn't want to have 4 archers.. As for the issue with them 'fleeing' it doesn't break the de-summon beam at all. They will follow that minion, so unless you want to run that minion back to your defenses any time a Djinn decides to unsummon, it becomes problematic. (Which also isn't easy when there can be lines of enemies in the way on that path back.) While it is possible for them to program it so that the de-summon beam 'breaks' when a minion is moved a certain bit, it was probably a ton easier for Trendy to just have it so they don't even bother the minions, especially for when you use a Summoner to 'swap' as you can't command a minion with a different character.. Again, I understand that there should be a challenge, but I'm in favor of versatility more than a challenge. It tends to be more fun.

As for the Shakren, I think it was an aggro issue. They were more likely to charge minions from further distances and often compromised walls much easier if a summoner decided to put their minions in a 'safe' area. Again, just removing it prevents complications. These are all my opinions of course, but I think that's the logic and reasoning behind why removing them completely is a better idea.

One thing that turned me away from the rts achievement were Djinns. I hated that I couldn't flee from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm in favor of not having to stick to certain minions in order to survive in nightmare, I like the versatility instead of worrying about Djinn's snuffing out my minions without a fight because I didn't want to have 4 archers.. As for the issue with them 'fleeing' it doesn't break the de-summon beam at all. They will follow that minion, so unless you want to run that minion back to your defenses any time a Djinn decides to unsummon, it becomes problematic. (Which also isn't easy when there can be lines of enemies in the way on that path back.) While it is possible for them to program it so that the de-summon beam 'breaks' when a minion is moved a certain bit, it was probably a ton easier for Trendy to just have it so they don't even bother the minions, especially for when you use a Summoner to 'swap' as you can't command a minion with a different character.. Again, I understand that there should be a challenge, but I'm in favor of versatility more than a challenge. It tends to be more fun.

As for the Shakren, I think it was an aggro issue. They were more likely to charge minions from further distances and often compromised walls much easier if a summoner decided to put their minions in a 'safe' area. Again, just removing it prevents complications. These are all my opinions of course, but I think that's the logic and reasoning behind why removing them completely is a better idea.

I've found that sharken seem to just charge at the nearest defence they see, as opposed to being more drawn to minions behind walls, while they provided a nice solution to help combat sharks as well. Placing them in front of defences off to the side a bit could get them to charge into walls, which as I said in the OP I quite like the mechanic :D

With regards to the djin-issue though, I hadn't noticed that the desummon-beams had infinite range after they started. A beam-breaking when they move out of range would be a far neater solution here as suggested :)

As for the "ninja army not as fun when they can be desummoned" argument, I wouldlike to also propose that all enemies do zero damage to minions... it would be so much more fun if you didn't need to worry about them dying :P

getting used to leaving the odd archer our for sharken-bait

\o/ how barbaric xP

but as someone (cant recall) stated it seems like 'a lazy fix', not that im not gonna abuse it loads... DEW platoons =D
... i never saw a problem with sharken though (except when the summoner was stupid and summoned minions right infront of walls so the sharken could plow past them+the wall - i did this day after release on OMF... "/ )

\o/ how barbaric xP

but as someone (cant recall) stated it seems like 'a lazy fix', not that im not gonna abuse it loads... DEW platoons =D
... i never saw a problem with sharken though (except when the summoner was stupid and summoned minions right infront of walls so the sharken could plow past them+the wall - i did this day after release on OMF... "/ )

Naaa, they get a little shove out the way and the sharkens whack into the wall, dying before they recover from dizziness, only so the archer can walk back into place :D

But as you said, it's all about how you adapt... putting minions right infront of walls WILL increase the sharkens charge radius by giving them a closer target, placing stuff well makes their charge futile... this "lazy fix" just inserts a special case that somehow summoner units are immune but nothing else is.

If this is the way things go I propose that bouncer blockades and walls should now be immune! They have no way of fighting back or escaping the beam of doom either :P

Naaa, they get a little shove out the way and the sharkens whack into the wall, dying before they recover from dizziness, only so the archer can walk back into place :D

very sneaky... but boring, i demand crystaline sacrifices to the sharken gods... wait... off topic...

but as to summoner units being 'special', i agree, i liked them on release (though djinn beam breaking w/ distance would be nice, and the mage couldve done with lower damage - yay patches) no sharken charges + damage increase (boo patches) + mage healing (is the percentage heal based on damage?) means that orc/ogre walls are probably going to be better than physbeams if you can fit them...
*thenagain... no aggrofusion may prove me wrong...

This is a great change and I love it.
My buddy was coming into my solo builds with his summoner and suddenly things were rbaking down. Well done guys.