Does DD need a double XP weekend?

Leveling up to 70 was a piece of cake. leveling to 83 is a miserable time consuming grind. im not sure what the total XP needed to get to 83 is but im assuming over 300 million. so lets leave the total XP needed at 300 million minus the 3 million to get to level 70. so thats 297,000,000. thats 1500 hundred first waves on mistymire if your getting 180,000 XP per. i can get 2.1 mil on a glitterhelm run with 3 controllers 2 being AFKs but i would still have to do it 142 times. now im concerned about the next level cap increase. how many more glitterhelm runs will i have to make to reach the pinnacle of console DD? so i say yes double XP weekends should be started. i dont have the details of how it should work i just know it should. i pose the question to everyone should DD implement Double XP weekends? if so what should be the conditions? i would love to read peoples ideas.

you have to sign up for the events on the forum which average DD fan knows nothing about. also thats only 1 match, the events are meant to be fun not a substantial way to level up. im talking about something that is for everyone and that can dramaticly improve leveling.

i would love to see this, sadly i dont think they will. its 3 mill 5 thousand i think im a lvl 79 so idk for sure.

Honestly it should be like every other online game you have to be online an in a public lobby ad an extra condition to better spread public lobbies because the only people that play public lobbies are kickers and a few friendly people. Ummmmmm...it wouldn't be every weekend maybe once a month or with every patch/dlc to promote it.

HAHA yeah but sadly that probably won't be out (for us) until July:(

Birthday present for me then! Lol

"work hard but i play a lil harder!"

That is the best idea on these forums since the new 83 level cap. I salute your idea and hope Trendy takes to it. I cant stand grinding the same shiz all day so I havent played since Dragons Dogma came out that game is BOSS! Any way I love dungon defenders but the XP grind needs to be worked on. I have kids and a family so giving xp out as a reward for a event does zero for me since I can only play a few hours mon-fri. once agian great idea

Also not everyone van enter events. Like the whole continent of Europe cant enter the events. :)
This. Yeah this is a form of discrimination against the continent of Europe. It ain't that hard to get EU event hosts to get around the no invite BS or they could easily start a public lobby and get event players from Europe to join that way. "But anyone can join then" easy just use the kick button that most of this community loves using until the people in the public game are people on the events list, simple.

Its not fair hearing about the cool pets people got for taking part in the event.

Heres my suggestion. Reward the players that support the game. Buy 1 Shards DLC get a 1.5 multiplier Xp bonus. Buy 2 Shards DLC get a 2.0 xp multiplier, buy 3 get 2.5 and buy the 4 get a 3.0 multiplier bonus. How to reward the XP multipliers? Easy give it out at the end of a wave like the No core Damage Multiplier.

Yes it does!!! Well for console, I have no problem leveling up on PC though it's a walk in the park! (:

Heres my suggestion. Reward the players that support the game. Buy 1 Shards DLC get a 1.5 multiplier Xp bonus. Buy 2 Shards DLC get a 2.0 xp multiplier, buy 3 get 2.5 and buy the 4 get a 3.0 multiplier bonus. How to reward the XP multipliers? Easy give it out at the end of a wave like the No core Damage Multiplier.

I agree with this guy.

Other PS3 games have bonus (e.g., double, triple, etc.) XP weekends all the time. I think this would be a great idea. It would probably boost the activity in the game a bit as well, at least for that given weekend.

plus he even says not everyone that signs up gets in :(

This is why I liked TeamLEGIT's events better. Pretty much everyone got in, except for the last events.

Unfortunately, this event will be the closest we'll be able to get to Double XP weekends. Double XP weekends would require us to patch the game twice every weekend.

Couldn't you just have one patch that has some time-activated thing where it 'turns on' double xp, and then 'turns it off' every week or every other etc?

I know almost nothing about developing video games so please excuse my ignorance if this is not the case.

I was unaware that multiple updates would be required. Regardless the issue still stands what can or is being done to give relief to the players? will the new console difficulty level dramaticly increase XP bonuses? what about adjusting the amount of XP gained for completing the current stages? maybe challenges could give larger bonuses? it confuses me why it takes so much to level up but then new stages morogo and aquanos give so little XP when they are so tough to complete? if a double XP weekend isnt realistic then ok but there has to be some solution that works for the fans and the amazing team at trendy.

http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_Guide

Is this chart correct???

Now I've read people say how the experience needed for the PC isn't as much but I didn't know it was that much of a difference. I mean seriously the PC only needs half the XP we need and the PC version has way more Maps to grind XP not to mention better experience gains from nightmare difficulties.

Lol I went on wiki for some tips on getting XP and now I don't want to waste anymore of my life playing this game. Dam trendy, thanks for a good game that has a good formula of RPG and stratagy all for really cheap but dam the next time yous make a game for Consols and PC try treating all platforms the same. This is crazy, who on the team said it would be fun punishing consol owners by doubling XP needed.

http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_Guide

Is this chart correct???

Now I've read people say how the experience needed for the PC isn't as much but I didn't know it was that much of a difference. I mean seriously the PC only needs half the XP we need and the PC version has way more Maps to grind XP not to mention better experience gains from nightmare difficulties.

Lol I went on wiki for some tips on getting XP and now I don't want to waste anymore of my life playing this game. Dam trendy, thanks for a good game that has a good formula of RPG and stratagy all for really cheap but dam the next time yous make a game for Consols and PC try treating all platforms the same. This is crazy, who on the team said it would be fun punishing consol owners by doubling XP needed.

That is for PC only, and not to mention they get way more skill points then us. Like a ton more haha