I messed a bit with the launcher buttons and I managed to extract the background of the exit-button. If any of you guys know the font they used for the buttons, feel free to add it. I will try to get the background of the other two buttons and post them here. If nobody finds the font I'll attempt that as well.

Exit Button:

Play Button:

Configure Button:

I know these aren't perfect (espescially the configure button), but you won't see it once the titles are added.

I'd rather use "Beenden" instead of "Schlien", because the capital " looks just stupid.
The font might be Times New Roman, it looks decently similar but they don't match at 100%.

Hey,
With your image, I did it for french translation :

If a dev see this, I'm ok for the idea to put this picture in game ^^ just ask the man who edit the background ; p

Commandux
Brother of Linkolas, ready to translate !

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is not translatable for now. DLCs are not translatable. :(

Well, the UDKgame.int file only has these strings for difficulties:

DifficultyNames[0]="Easy"
DifficultyNames[1]="Medium"
DifficultyNames[2]="Hard"
DifficultyNames[3]="Insane"

There is no Nightmare entry in any file.

So I simply tried adding

DifficultyNames[4]="Alptraum"

to UDKgame.DEU and it worked. All the difficulties are now properly translated to German. Barbarian, Series EV are not mentioned in any file either. I'll simply try my luck by adding templates like the ones we can see in the DunDefPlayers.int file:

[HeroTemplateApprentice DunDefHero]
StatNames[5]="Overcharge"
StatNames[6]="Mana Bomb"
StatDescriptions[5]="Overcharge allows the Apprentice to summon Defenses and&cast Spells much more quickly than normal."
StatDescriptions[6]="Mana Bomb unleashes a devastating explosive blast that deals massive damage to all nearby enemies."
HeroClassDisplayName="Apprentice"
HeroClassDescription="Donning his robe and wizard hat, the Apprentice is eager to delve deeper into the world of the arcane. Under the guidance of the Grand Magus, the Apprentice has learned the art of conjuration. While summoning towers of mystical defense to aid him, he blasts his enemies with waves of magic from afar."
colorTemplates[0]=(colorName="Default")
colorTemplates[1]=(colorName="Ember")
colorTemplates[2]=(colorName="Jungle")
colorTemplates[3]=(colorName="Hazard")
colorTemplates[4]=(colorName="Pretty")
colorTemplates[5]=(colorName="Apothecary")
colorTemplates[6]=(colorName="Tempest")
colorTemplates[7]=(colorName="Balance")
colorTemplates[8]=(colorName="Spirited")
colorTemplates[9]=(colorName="Risen")

Edit: Tried SeriesEV, SEV, EV, Series, Barb, Barbarian, Summoner, nothing worked.

Well, the UDKgame.int file only has these strings for difficulties:

DifficultyNames[0]="Easy"
DifficultyNames[1]="Medium"
DifficultyNames[2]="Hard"
DifficultyNames[3]="Insane"

There is no Nightmare entry in any file.

So I simply tried adding

DifficultyNames[4]="Alptraum"

to UDKgame.DEU and it worked

Great job ! I'll add this in the french files !

It only works in the game list, however. I couldn't get it to work the menu where you select the map you host.

We can translate DLCs :)

Lazerus, do the correct buttons show for you when you are ingame and press start? Like Missionssetup, Spieler einladen, Hauptmenetc.? I'm sure when I tested my files the very first time it worked, then I made a little improvement to the translation of Hide game / Show game and now I always have the English buttons. Dunno what to do.

Hey,
With your image, I did it for french translation :

If a dev see this, I'm ok for the idea to put this picture in game ^^ just ask the man who edit the background ; p

Commandux
Brother of Linkolas, ready to translate !

Could you please please please tell us which font it is? That was what I originally wanted to know. (You need more than one button btw)

I think this is an edited version of "times new roman", but I selected from original pictures the letters that I wanted to take and I put them in your image for write "Quitter".
I created the Q : I wrote a "Q" with "times new roman" and I edit it for this render ^^

I'll make the others buttons during the weekend if I got any time x)

now i can download the files. earlyer today it was only possible with premium^^
i will take a look inside while the steam servers are down here :/

Very strange, when I play locally, the buttons are labelled correctly: Missionssetup, Spieler-Info etc., but not in online play.

In "DunDefEquipment_DLC_Special_Squire" there is a missing "s"
EquipmentDescription="Ein unorthodoxes Geschenk wahrscheinlich nicht von einem Freund."
That line is also missing a comma:
EquipmentDescription="Ein unorthodoxes Geschenk, wahrscheinlich nicht von einem Freund."
(As in: "Ein unorthodoxes Geschenk, das wahrscheinlich nicht von einem Freund stammt.")

[Babbling taken out about my dislike of unorthodox - just would prefer ungewnlich ;)]

Sorry for being stingy on that one ;)

you are right o.o shame on me
for my defense i have to say: im sick at the moment >_<

ungewnlich sounds better, thats true. also not every german speaking person knows what unorthodox means...
"Ein ungewnliches Geschenk, wahrscheinlich nicht von einem Freund."

btw, we should add a changelog inside the folder for now.

also you could change "Aura der Heilung" to "Heilungsaura" it sounds better in my opinion.

Atlantis item "Die Tiefenattacke" or in english "The Depth Charge".
I liked the original translation "Die Wasserbombe" or even better "Die Tiefenbombe", because it is an Aqua themed Grenade launcher.
with Tiefenattacke i imagine something like a hit under the belt...

Lemurische Hellebarde
"Verkrustet in Schmutz aus den dunklen Meeren"
sounds a little bit strange...
what do you think about "Verkrustet vom Schmutz der dunklen Meere"?

Ewigflamme der Nautilus is ok, Ewige Flamme der Nautilus would also be not bad i think.

I have good news and bad news. Good news first, I found the font they used for the launcher buttons, it is "Proteus Light". The bad news are that one needs to pay 26$ to use that font.

EDIT: Just found out, that the capital "E" isn't right... but it's damn close to it at least.

Yes, 26$... But as I said it isn't the actual font the designers used. I'm starting to think they invented a new one or designed the letters themselfes.

I didn't upload your V8 translation. Is the V8 the last files you done or you have something other to upload ?

Yes, 26$... But as I said it isn't the actual font the designers used. I'm starting to think they invented a new one or designed the letters themselfes.
You can go into the DDDK to get the font textures, and use photoshop to cut out the letters and whatnot.

[QUOTE]woah, 26$ for a damned font? o.O [/QUOTE]The fee is that high because you're allowed to use the fonts commercially (e.g. make money off them)

In my current V9 everything Ahui and Lazerus on page 6 suggested is edited. Apart from Everflame/Ewigflamme. I think this is one of these special "not-so-proper-names" that you can and should translate, but keep it as a proper name.
Also I have given the 5 minion stats of the Summoner a German translation.
I have also translated all new hero classes (only their title, not yet their full description, I'd have to figure out how to keep the colors for their abilities). If somebody tells me how to color the abilites, we can simply take the German translations from the steamstore 1:1.

Only one issue, the translation of the Countess, Steam translates it with Komtesse on their German New Heroes DLC storepage. However, I don't think many Germans are familiar with this word, neither am I and I would go with Grin if you guys don't mind?

The other 3, Geweihte, Jer and Adeptin sound okay in my opinion.

Grin sounds better^^
Everflame was one of the items i had problems with..."shall i rename it...Everflame sounds good, and there is not realy a perfect translation...mhhh"

in some files there is this tag to set different text colors

You can go into the DDDK to get the font textures, and use photoshop to cut out the letters and whatnot.

That sounds nice I'll go and have a look at it when I'm free (about friday).

Do you have any reason stating so in the German thread apart from somebody seemingly screwing up one translation in the Spanish version?

Feedback is very much appreciated, meaningless remarks are not.

Hi !
I'm now able to let you commit on the Github project. I contacted the owner (Mamadrood/Smeeckaert) of the project and we changed it a little so now I can give the editing rights for who want to edit the project.
As I think I don't have the last files you done, please send them here or create a Github account I could add to the project to let you "push" your files into it yourself. It could be better because if you want to do little changes you can do it quickly without having to contact me. ;)

Here is the new link to the project :
https://github.com/DunDefTranslators/DungeonDefenders-Translation-Project

At the moment I seem to only have Read-only access since

a) it says so next to the github-URL and
b) I can't find any upload buttons.

Anyway, as soon as I find 1-2 spare hours to implement the German class descriptions for all new heroes I will upload my V9. Unfortunately I cannot take the descriptions from the German Steam store 1:1 since at least 2 descriptions are too long and ingame there seems to be a character limit. So I need to shorten these descriptions by a few words and also I still have to find the correct color codes for the abilities.

However, currently I'm up to my throat in university stuff and free time will be really rare for the next 3 weeks.

There is no upload button. ^^

I just found they released another tool than the one I was using, it looks really simple to use so if you have Windows try it :
https://github.com/blog/1127-github-for-windows
If you need help using it PM me. :)

If you are not using Windows (or if you don't like "Github for Windows"), you will have to use a Git GUI : it's a little hard to configure but when settings are done, it's quick and easy to upload to the Github project.