When Boredom Strikes......

Good morning :)

I seem to be at a loose end this morning, so i have re organised my shop, while doing this i came across my first full set of myth armor, dont ask why i kept it, i dont even remember doing it but hey, im female and we are allowed to keep pointless things right? :D

Anyway i digress..it got me to thinking, i have joined games many times and seen people struggling like hell to get ANYWHERE because their gear is not great, also i find a lot of people dont actually seem to understand how the concept of a full set of armor works!

It took me back 500 hours of gameplay when my husband and i first started, we, through sheer perseverance and want of better gear have farmed our way up to the likes of supreme gear (although i am still using my trusty leather trans set on my barb :))

It then led me to thinking about farming up some "starter kits" to sell in my shop, obviously not high priced, to be honest its not even about the mana, I just think it would be nice to help a few souls out by getting them started with some reasonable attire and pets so that they can progress with a little more confidence.

I just wondered what the general consensus on this sort of act is? I'm not asking permission or anything I just wondered what the community thought, seeing as you seem like a nice bunch of realistic people (as opposed to some gaming communities I have come across), I would like to see some genuine responses :)

So, no trolling, if you have questions then ask, I am open to constructive comments or suggestions :D

Snoop :adept:

Should do a 1 mana sale, but base it on a competition lol. Ask questions to people on here, whoever gets it right, gets the item for 1 mana?

I agree, a contest here would be better than setting up an afk shop with them... Chances are you'd just have some greedy person come in, buy it all, then post it on their own AFK shop for 100's of millions of mana.

I have a folder in my shop where I offload my old gear for cheap (ish).
That, or I just give it to people I meet in public games who seem competent but are struggling to progress.

Well, one thing is for sure, if you end up giving things away for free with no rules, you will have random leechers that will get your stuff to make profit out of it. The community has its ups and downs all the time, but it's not bad imo.

Best way i can tell you to solve something such as this, make a new friend, help him out, reward him the set whenever you see fit to do so. Of course, you would have to explain things, help him out a few times and later on you would have someone annoying you to help on his own runs! Thing is, you never know what could happen later when that one person decides to help you out in return and it's always good to have some new friends to play with, as long as they don't let you down i suppose (unlike some i've met in the past).

I usually give random items in my tavern almost for free (sold for 111 mana in shop, sometimes i unlock my tavern floor), make an attractive server name for rookies (any 1k+ stats heroes i see joining get kicked for a good reason), they join, take some of the stuff and i kick them out with a warning after 2-3 minutes (mentioned in server name). Obviously, i'm not letting 3 players get everything for themselves you know... xD

This and... sometimes i put stuff in my tavern floor, some of it good (mostly low and medium quality loot), let some people join with reasonable stats to not get kicked, and i let them pick a few items from the floor, then i must ask them to leave. :squire:

PS: I don't kick for pleasure or without a reason like many do. Also nice to see some people are generous in this game.

Oh wow a girl who plays dd, awesome! I think u shudnt give items away, teach people how to set up maps instead, as kandars builds suck *** ;-). Give a man a fish and feed him for one day, Teach a man to fish and feed him forever.

I like the idea, however, as was mentioned dont give it to random people give it too people who need it. Also i kandars builds dont suck they just aren't good for low stat players.

They do, i have tried them all and if the smallest pixel is wrong boom you cant get past wave 25, i litterally just throw my defence up and i 30 mm hc unless 3 gold wyverns go to the same crystal but hey thats the luck of the draw. teaching people who have put time in and are at that frustrating plateau you reach. Give em the reasons for why you set things up the way they are as you go along and they will be able to set up all maps under thier own steam, which is the most rewarding and fun thing in this game in my opinion :)

@Mayhem....you suck lol ;)

@ Zeus: Hi :) you make an excellent point about leechers, I had overlooked this.

It wasn't like this was a well thought out plan or anything, more of a musing if you like :)

It just occured to me when someone joined my game and they have totally crap gear and are for want of a better word, "dead weight" as they can barely contribute anything to the game, instead of kicking i asked why he had joined a nmhc game with such low gear.

He explained that none of his friends play and he didnt have the means gearwise to farm himself, so he joined other peoples games to try and help them out by upgrading etc so that he would hopefully farm enough money at the end of the round to eventually go and buy himself some new gear.

He also said that people kicked him without speaking to him a lot and he was on the whole finding the game very frustrating.

My response was to tell him that unfortunatley until he had some better gear, people will look at his stats most of the time and instantly deem him as "useless" - i should point out that this is NOT a dig at anyone who does this, i am guilty of doing it myself and i am really not fond of proper leechers/looters/lazy so-and-so's.

However when someone joins and at least tries to help with upgrading and at least has a conversation i have no problem, so i told him to go ahead and pick up whatever he wanted off the floor as i didnt actually want it.

This is the sort of person i would actually not mind helping, it gave me a nice sense of well being to know that i had made someones day a little better by just being nice.

I think therefore i may devote an hour or so now and again to running a nm server where people can come and get an idea of what gear they need, obviously if someone comes barrelling in looting the whole map then they will get booted lol.

Just an idea i guess, but perhaps it would be nice for solo players who want to get somewhere and have hit the preverbial brick wall ^_^

Nice move!

Yeah, i can see that being frustrating to him. I went through the same a few months back, and as the game gets harder content and better loot, people are more likely to kick others on sight with no reasoning.

Personally the only things i hate when i host a game: early quitters, looters, smart people that decide to join and sell towers for no reason and afk'ers.
When i see people joining my server i usually give them a chance to stay unless i'm in the mood to play alone or with friends, only requirement is that they must be lvl 74 at least with no negative generic resistance, then i try a wave or two with them, before that i usually throw in some tips, if they do well, i let them stay, if they do awfull and die too quickly, i seriously have to remove them from the game as they make things harder. Sometimes i even do survival runs on nmhc on shard maps, the first few waves where its all easy, i let newbies join and get some loot. Once i get to around wave 15 i close the current run as i know its pointless to keep on going after that point, at least with my stats. I'm an average player with 1k-2k stats on all heroes, kinda bad for how long i've been playing this game for. xD

haha, i'm with you all the way on giving people a chance, although i will hold my hands up and say that on occasion - depending on my mood i have seen someones stats and kicked them *Shame mode [ON]*

But it can make it much harder during later waves where you need players to heal towers and stuff as opposed to dying after 30 seconds!

I dont like the people that come in, say nothing at all then afk or wander round aimlessly doing jack all, and dont even get me started on people who join and start randomly summoning towers when they have 1k stats when i have 3.6k......that just makes me do a sad :p

Snoop, last time i checked your the one who sucked >.>

Anywho, if i wanna help ppl i will join noob games and have a chat and offer a hand, if a lvl 78 retard noob with godly gear joins my gear that is gunna be insta kick territory, no matter how bloody nice he is. Blatent leechers annoy the crap out of me. There should be some kind of stat requirement sliders, like the lvl limit thing.

Well you guys are always welcome to join my game help me get gear lol :P

This game has such a great community.

I'm in that exact position right now. I wouldn't say I'm "struggling like Hell", I'm just right on the edge of where Glitter Insane HC Survival doesn't get much. I don't want handouts though, I'd rather have you help me run NM and find something while playing.

But I'm sure most the people your helping appreciate it very much.

I generally run my server early morning UK time, so feel free to join, i will mostly be doing aqua runs, did a few naut runs today, but if people want something specific then just ask and i will see what i can do :)

Give us ya steam id and we will be glad to help, by help i mean show you set ups, explain strats and help you understand that a summoner isnt a dps char... >.> hahaha.

Steam name/avatar are the same as here. But I'm in Central Time and I work a standard 8-5.

Oh, and I don't have a summoner. But I do have a 70+ of everything else.

I have a folder in my shop where I offload my old gear for cheap (ish).
That, or I just give it to people I meet in public games who seem competent but are struggling to progress.

THIS!!! This is what you should do. Carry a set, or 2, with you. If you run across someone, you can drop it for them in game :)

I sell most stuff in my shop (except Accessories at 5Mil each and Small Eggs, as they're no longer available!) at 2 x Vendor price. All Armour, Pets, Weapons.

Stuff sells, but I suspect it's those restocking their own shop to resell at hugely inflated prices.

I'd kinda hoped to supply to those just trying to make the bridge between Campaign and NM, and then NM Survival too, but as I said, I think the way things are being bought it's people reselling. Things like 6 Djinns selling in one hit kinda give it away.

Shame really. I intended doing the same with Trans stuff, but I just don't want to be an easy buck for some lazy players.

Best idea is to make up some sets and give them to players in game - those you see are trying to improve (rather than those just there to leech and grab all they can).

0.o... were you on this morning/afternoon? i recall joining a RotD tavern and having a trans helm dropped for me (i didnt take it - im at the stage where i can get my own trans, and prefer getting my own stuff)

its a nice thing to do... i think the NM loot progression puts alot of players off the game... but shopping it is probably a bad idea, giving stuff to randoms you meet in rooms (/join yours) is probably better

im guilty of kicking without talking to players "/ (though i solo most of the time... so most of my 'kicks' are after wave 14 -i open rooms up so randoms can get the pet- and i kick them afterwards)

i also join games and dont say (*type) anything... moreso because i hate greetings in general... if i do its always 'hi...?'... i like to think the hesitant ellipsis and question mark shows a lack of presumption...

*i always feel bad kicking someone after theyve said 'hi'... its a horrible social convention "/

The kicks don't bother me, that's just people making the best of what the game allows them to do.

The loot progression really disappoints me though. I get a character up to almost end game, I can solo Glitterhelm Insane but not get anything better than what I have (and not even a whole lot of exp anymore) and then I can't get past wave 1 of Deeper Well NM. There is definitely something wrong there, I've said it before... we need a difficulty level that falls between Insane and NM.

Essentially, if you weren't here before Shards 2 and Shards 3, your kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place without power levelers who were here then to help. You shouldn't have to rely on power leveling to get somewhere in a game.

Before shards 2 and 3 came out, I'd sometimes just host NM runs of campaign Area 1,2, or 3 (depending on my mood) only allowing low stat people to come in. It helped them get a feel for how NM is like and maybe some upgrades. With the progression from insane to NM being where it's at right now, it can help some of the more frustrated players trying to get into NM.

I have started running some NM games, i have left them open for people to join, yesterday morning was quite rewarding, as i was farming mysef some nauts - or trying to, luck of the draw was not with me yesterday as i was rewarded with rubbish ones! However one guy who joined was rewarded with a Trans one, which was the first trans he had picked up :)

I actually prefer the idea of just running some games to give people pointers and show them where to build etc, the people i have run into so far seem to be quite appreciative of the help :)

If you do need a hand with something then feel free to add me on steam, i cant promise i will always be on or always be able to cover the map you want but I am more than happy to help where i can ^_^

Me myself i'm stuck with karithiki jungle, only map i havent beat on nm so far. Kinda hard to find a team for this too ingame (not forums since i havent tried yet).

Is it ok to add you... incase i end up needing help with future maps (eg: new lava map coming today and skycity)? And well, perhaps do some runs i couldnt manage myself... :D